Sooooo will i be on Project Contingency Team?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sooooo will i be on Project Contingency Team? Empty Sooooo will i be on Project Contingency Team?

Post by mmorpg4free August 19th 2014, 10:14 am

After no response from you guys im going to show off more work so you can speed it up

Sooooo will i be on Project Contingency Team? 64htrfg43

Sooooo will i be on Project Contingency Team? Jf8ybzmrp

Sooooo will i be on Project Contingency Team? Des0vrhgp
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Sooooo will i be on Project Contingency Team? Empty Re: Sooooo will i be on Project Contingency Team?

Post by Heatguts August 19th 2014, 10:21 am

Those hills are a little on the smooth side.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Sooooo will i be on Project Contingency Team? Empty Re: Sooooo will i be on Project Contingency Team?

Post by mmorpg4free August 19th 2014, 10:23 am

Yeah a might have used a bit too much Smooth ;d
I did it in about an hour i also did a snow map for 30 mins
But CryEngine 3 doesnt have much snow trees/rocks etc and i simply left it
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 19th 2014, 11:05 am

Waiting for Mr. Secret Man.
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 August 19th 2014, 11:21 am

That looks pretty bad honestly. Everything is too smooth or too perfectly placed. The way the trees are placed make it look like it was planted by someone instead of a natural forest. The fact that every tree looks the same doesn't help either. Everything just looks very unnatural.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind August 19th 2014, 11:32 am

Maybe I'm trippin balls but I see no pics >_>

m i blind?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free August 19th 2014, 11:49 am

@General_101
Well i did go a bit too much on the smooth but for the forest its pretty normal to feel placed.
After all in halo not all planets have the luck to have natural forests so the humans plant them ;3
@deadofmind here r the links
http://postimg.org/image/jf8ybzmrp/
http://postimg.org/image/64htrfg43/
http://postimg.org/image/des0vrhgp/
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 19th 2014, 1:46 pm

You rush your work too much dude also those hills they look like they have a wet sand texture and they're too goddamn smooth you need to break it down make it look like a big rock not a pile of camel turd if you're wanting a mountain.
to make it easier just google image search whatever landscape your making and start from there

also if you want the trees to be varied and not repeated just rotate them invert them
Lower them to get different heights but not by too much oh and change the color brightness of
Some of the trees to make them look different and not repeated
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Master Noob August 19th 2014, 4:15 pm

Right now we're not looking for terrain-based maps. We're trying to get enclosed/architectural maps such as Gephyrophobia, Midship, etc. That way we can have a hand-made controlled environment to test in without having to touch the terrain editor.
Master Noob
Master Noob
Developer

Thumbs Up : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Secret Man August 19th 2014, 5:26 pm

Jaing wrote:Waiting for Mr. Secret Man.

Thanks.
Mr. Secret Man
Mr. Secret Man

Thumbs Up : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 19th 2014, 5:35 pm

Master Noob wrote:Right now we're not looking for terrain-based maps. We're trying to get enclosed/architectural maps such as Gephyrophobia, Midship, etc. That way we can have a hand-made controlled environment to test in without having to touch the terrain editor.

Love me some Forerunner architecture
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by xNFx Monsta August 19th 2014, 7:34 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:
Master Noob wrote:Right now we're not looking for terrain-based maps. We're trying to get enclosed/architectural maps such as Gephyrophobia, Midship, etc. That way we can have a hand-made controlled environment to test in without having to touch the terrain editor.

Love me some Forerunner architecture

I think Forerunner architecture is all good an all, but I'm really looking forward to some natural terrain stuff :P things like mountains and hills and cliffs, maybe even waterfalls ect. Im getting sick of the grey forerunner look in the past 2 halo games! I loved halo 2 and 3s look it was absolutely stunning compared to the dull layout of objects in halo 4 and Reach.
xNFx Monsta
xNFx Monsta

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 20th 2014, 12:03 am

When I get my hands on Contingency first thing I do is gonna explore the grass because as you know, the grass in a game is extremely important.
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by xNFx Monsta August 20th 2014, 12:31 am

Jaing wrote:When I get my hands on Contingency first thing I do is gonna explore the grass because as you know, the grass in a game is extremely important.

Im talking about the design of the environment not the grass, I'm talking about HUGE mountains and amazing Sky boxes and ect, Remember that second mission of halo 1? Yeah well thats the feel I'm after.
xNFx Monsta
xNFx Monsta

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 20th 2014, 12:54 am

I wasn't making fun of you XD I'm actually going to do that... I do that with all Games.. and Halo Reach has by far the best grass :D
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free August 20th 2014, 1:55 am

And here i am still without and xbox to play halo 3 reach or 4 D:
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Back to top Go down

Post by xNFx Monsta August 20th 2014, 2:06 am

Jaing wrote:I wasn't making fun of you XD I'm actually going to do that... I do that with all Games.. and Halo Reach has by far the best grass :D
Lmao well that was miss leading, soz I'm just so used to getting attacked by people for no reason .-.
xNFx Monsta
xNFx Monsta

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin August 20th 2014, 2:42 am

xNFx Monsta wrote:
Jaing wrote:When I get my hands on Contingency first thing I do is gonna explore the grass because as you know, the grass in a game is extremely important.

Im talking about the design of the environment not the grass, I'm talking about HUGE mountains and amazing Sky boxes and ect, Remember that second mission of halo 1? Yeah well thats the feel I'm after.
What about HUGE grass and amazing sky grass. Grass is very important. We might even need water grass. All the different subtypes of grass like dry grass, grassy grass, dry grassy grass...
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 20th 2014, 5:30 am

Agreed. @RM&T Y U NO GIVE ME PORTAL 2? *cri cri*
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free August 20th 2014, 8:12 am

ahahahaa XD jaing dont go around telling everyone
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top