Halo Games and Preferences

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which Halo Game is Your Favorite?

Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]
Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_lcap12%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_lcap35%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 15 ]
Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_lcap30%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 13 ]
Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 43

Halo Games and Preferences - Page 2 Empty Re: Halo Games and Preferences

Post by R93_Sniper May 20th 2014, 5:18 pm

Halo Reach was made by bungie, and the needle rifle was a replacement for the carbine. The Needle rifle was an extremely fun gun to use too, admittedly, lots of headshots.

Regardless, I'm going to admit that i'm getting slightly irritated by the fact that you people are constantly speaking about the dev team as if we're childs with no concept of how to build a game. We don't intend to skimp out on balancing by any means. When it comes to that point, a lot of testing and adjusting will be used to correct our weapon set until we feel it suits our needs. Given, after that point we might have a closed alpha/open beta to fine tune the weapons after noting how players use weapons.

Back on the topic of dual wielding, Counterbalancing isnt hard. You can either nerf those weapons so that they're far more effective as duals rather than non duals, or you can make them strong weapons individually and have the dual weild capability nerf some aspects (like halo 2 did with the magnums). You'd need to fine tune the balancing so that they dont feel inherently weak or super powerful, but thats all in the process
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin May 20th 2014, 6:35 pm

My order would be
1: Halo: Reach
2: Halo: 3 ODST
3: Halo: 3
4: Halo CE
5:Halo Wars
6: Halo: 2
7: Halo 4

I loved Reach, the amazing art, audio and visuals that game with it shows the amount of effort put into it. The gameplay is my main attraction. It had the most unique shield mechanics that played subtle differences, the Forge made amazing replayability, and I liked the pace of speed and damage.

Halo: 3 ODST Was the first Halo game i had ever owned myself. It was a nice stray in story that was a unique step that earned my adoration.

Halo: 3 Great nearly all around, some weapons seemed to always be preferred over other weapons is something i didn't like. I didn't enjoy the moonshoes jump and the lethargic falls. But It's stronger sense of teamwork compared to the usual FPS gave it a fun value that lasted.

Halo CE The great almighty origin in which this thread has sprouted from. The juggernaut that became the bar in FPS games. It brought the slower team arena to attention and was just awesome and a landmark in gaming.

Halo Wars A great console RTS. I enjoyed it even though it wasn't "A real Halo game" I love RTS, I've especially enjoyed Starcraft 2 and Dawn of War: Dark Crusader.

Halo: 2 Two my regret I've never played it so i can't judge...
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind May 20th 2014, 6:44 pm

@R93_Sniper

I sincerely apologize if I offended you. I was not trying to criticize, only to show my concerns with Dual Wielding vs. Single Wielding. In no way was I attempting to imply that you or the team are incompetent.

I only brought it up because even large companies have trouble with balancing sometimes.

I Believe(tm) in our great Dev Overlords ^_^
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 May 20th 2014, 7:40 pm

deadofmind wrote:@R93_Sniper
I only brought it up because even large companies have trouble with balancing sometimes.

Large companies also have these things called deadlines. Since this is a fan-made game, there probably isn't really any formal ETA for release, although I'm sure the devs have some sort of vague timeframe in which they want to finish.

R93_Sniper wrote:
Back on the topic of dual wielding, Counterbalancing isnt hard. You can either nerf those weapons so that they're far more effective as duals rather than non duals, or you can make them strong weapons individually and have the dual weild capability nerf some aspects (like halo 2 did with the magnums). You'd need to fine tune the balancing so that they dont feel inherently weak or super powerful, but thats all in the process

If you guys think its possible, you should definitely give it a try. I personally enjoyed it, and I'm sure many other people did too. What you just said is pretty much spot on. If balanced correctly, duel wielding shouldn't be too powerful and imposing like it was in Halo 2, or too weak and borderline redundant like in Halo 3.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind May 20th 2014, 7:52 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:
deadofmind wrote:@R93_Sniper

Large companies also have these things called deadlines. Since this is a fan-made game, there probably isn't really any formal ETA for release, although I'm sure the devs have some sort of vague timeframe in which they want to finish.

R93_Sniper wrote:

If you guys think its possible, you should definitely give it a try. I personally enjoyed it, and I'm sure many other people did too. What you just said is pretty much spot on. If balanced correctly, duel wielding shouldn't be too powerful and imposing like it was in Halo 2, or too weak and borderline redundant like in Halo 3.

I did not think of that. Good point.

I too am not against Dual Wielding, I just am against poorly balanced Dual Wielding. Again, I trust in the team, and with there being no true deadline and having the ability to take the time to get the weapons balanced to how they really want, I look forward to seeing Dual Wielding.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper May 20th 2014, 8:57 pm

As another thing, we can push updates to balance weapons if we really jump the gun with certain things or see abnormalities when the game is pushed out
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts May 21st 2014, 8:12 am

deadofmind wrote:Overlords
YEAH!
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper May 21st 2014, 12:37 pm

Heat, you're seriously making me think you've got a dom complex. O.o
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time May 21st 2014, 4:59 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:As another thing, we can push updates to balance weapons if we really jump the gun with certain things or see abnormalities when the game is pushed out

Oh yeah Updates... Forgot those existed : /
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind May 21st 2014, 8:46 pm

SHUSH, before they decide to release them as "DLC" and let you pay for "UPGRADES" to your experience! ;P
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper May 21st 2014, 10:09 pm

Legally unable to do that
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time May 22nd 2014, 5:50 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:Legally unable to do that

You wish....
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper May 25th 2014, 9:24 pm

More poll responses plz
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts May 25th 2014, 9:41 pm

MOAR REACH
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing May 26th 2014, 11:03 am

TBH I didn't like 3.
I know, start controversy.
I started playing Halo on XBOX fall of 2011. Before that I was an avid Halo: CE gamer, but when the population fell to even more lower than normal when Reach came out I finally decided to try out the console Halos. My first Halo game was Reach. I loved the AA's, graphics, gamestyle etc, etc. I was born into the generation of change- And I only plated H3 about an year later. By then, it was too late. The new loadout-aa style of Halo had already captivated me. I was gone, taken by the angels of hell, rising into the sun of the devil etc. etc.. inspirational shit here

So yeah. When 4 came out, bloom was next to none and I was far better at 4 than Reach. So call me what you will, CoD fanboy, not loyal Halo fan, but I really couldn't give a fcuk. I like 4, deal with it, and death to all those who hate on 4.
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing May 26th 2014, 11:04 am

And oh yeah in terms of order

4 (shaddafukup)
Reach
CE
ODST
Never played HW
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by PunxsutawnyFil May 26th 2014, 7:43 pm

Jaing wrote:And oh yeah in terms of order

4 (shaddafukup)
Reach
CE
ODST
Never played HW
I respect your opinion but I'm curious as to why you think Halo 4 is the best Halo. The only reason you've given us is that you were better at it than Reach because it had minimal bloom. I'm also curious as to why you think Halo 3 is the worst Halo.

PunxsutawnyFil
PunxsutawnyFil

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts May 26th 2014, 7:52 pm

Jaing wrote:I like 4, deal with it.
Yeah, that's the spirit!

*Cheers from the otherwise completely empty bleachers*
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper May 26th 2014, 8:04 pm

@Punx despite saying that you respect his opinion, there's a lot of malice dripping from that statement, be cordial will you?

@Jaing I also am curious to your reasons for each game. I've had a few arguments with people who say that H4 is the best, and most of the time they drop to saying they play one of the H3 remade maps on a classic gametype
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 May 26th 2014, 11:13 pm

Jaing wrote:TBH I didn't like 3.
I know, start controversy.
You said it, not me. Although I am curious as to why.
Jaing wrote: I started playing Halo on XBOX fall of 2011.
Ah, that's why.
Jaing wrote: Before that I was an avid Halo: CE gamer, but when the population fell to even more lower than normal when Reach came out I finally decided to try out the console Halos. My first Halo game was Reach. I loved the AA's, graphics, gamestyle etc, etc. I was born into the generation of change-
Mhm, and that's probably what got you hooked. Reach didn't build off of Halo 3 the way Halo 3 built off of 2, and 2 built off of CE. I see Reach more as a different direction that took the gameplay backwards in time to built off of CE again, rather than a continuation of Halo 3's gameplay. So to you, seeing that you didn't play Halo 2 or 3, Reach probably felt like an advanced sequel (while also being a prequel in terms of story) to CE, despite the nearly 10 year gap and subsequent games that existed within that time frame.
Jaing wrote: And I only plated H3 about an year later. By then, it was too late. The new loadout-aa style of Halo had already captivated me. I was gone, taken by the angels of hell, rising into the sun of the devil etc. etc.. inspirational shit here
So yeah. When 4 came out, bloom was next to none and I was far better at 4 than Reach. So call me what you will, CoD fanboy, not loyal Halo fan, but I really couldn't give a fcuk. I like 4, deal with it, and death to all those who hate on 4.
Yep, that'll definitely lean you closer to Halo 4. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. Your opinions were just "bred" differently in terms of your experiences and what order you played each Halo game in. But just realize that a larger portion of people have either played the games in order of release or some other order, thus having different experiences and therefore opinions from you. I am one of these people, and I respectfully disagree that Halo 4 is the best Halo game.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing May 27th 2014, 12:15 am

Before I start laying down my artillery,
Let me point out again that I started to play Halo when Halo changed from H3 Style - Loadout/AA/DMR Style.

My first reason is the one aforementioned. I didn't play Halo 3 until 2012, and by then already loadouts, AA's, and DMR's had already been imprinted on my mind, and playing an game from 2007 was like taking an step back from high-tec to low tech. I wasn't part of the 'Halo 3 Generation', so to speak, and by then Halo without AA's, Bloom, fast-paced and frantic action and an insanely OP AR was not fun, and just not exciting.

The other is that I like H4's customization extents. Personally, I like loadouts beacuse they tailored to your playstyle. While I understand many of you hate H4 for this, IMO this is what made H4 the best. Once again, remember I wasn't part of the H3 Generation. Gone were the days when you had to find a precision weapon- gone were the days when the AR was s staple weapon in the Spartan's armory.

One of my other weaker points is that Halo 4 Revolutionized gametypes, more specifically CTF, GrifBall, Ricochet and Oddball. The flag carrier was no longer defenseless- The pistol combined with a 1-hit melee was a deadly combination, and if in the hands of a skilled player, could cause a lot of trouble for the other team. This also goes for the defending team. A coordinated and well-oiled team could easily take down the opposition's flag carrier whilst capping theirs. It changed how CTF was played; Tactics, team placement, etc. The same goes for oddball. The ball in both Odd and Grif could be thrown, and that meant that tactics IRL could now be deployed on the virtual battlefield. But finally, what really made Halo 4 so great for me was ricochet. True, oddball also has a throwable ball and projectile weapons, but the goal was to hold the ball. Ricochet (A combination of oddball and grifball for those who haven't played it) was fun, exciting, and the fast paced rushing and defending was frantic yet somehow oddly organized. (I still have nightmares about that desperate sprint in order to stahp the enemy carrier from walking into our goal).

I accept the fact that many of you do not agree on the points I have made, but that's your opinion, and like I've said before, I couldn't really care.
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by PunxsutawnyFil May 29th 2014, 10:24 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:@Punx despite saying that you respect his opinion, there's a lot of malice dripping from that statement, be cordial will you?

It was a serious question. I wanted to know more since he only gave one reason. Sorry if I sounded like an asshole lol.
PunxsutawnyFil
PunxsutawnyFil

Back to top Go down

Post by PunxsutawnyFil May 29th 2014, 10:51 pm

Jaing wrote:Before I start laying down my artillery,
Let me point out again that I started to play Halo when Halo changed from H3 Style - Loadout/AA/DMR Style.

My first reason is the one aforementioned. I didn't play Halo 3 until 2012, and by then already loadouts, AA's, and DMR's had already been imprinted on my mind, and playing an game from 2007 was like taking an step back from high-tec to low tech. I wasn't part of the 'Halo 3 Generation', so to speak, and by then Halo without AA's, Bloom, fast-paced and frantic action and an insanely OP AR was not fun, and just not exciting.

The other is that I like H4's customization extents. Personally, I like loadouts beacuse they tailored to your playstyle. While I understand many of you hate H4 for this, IMO this is what made H4 the best. Once again, remember I wasn't part of the H3 Generation. Gone were the days when you had to find a precision weapon- gone were the days when the AR was s staple weapon in the Spartan's armory.

One of my other weaker points is that Halo 4 Revolutionized gametypes, more specifically CTF, GrifBall, Ricochet and Oddball. The flag carrier was no longer defenseless- The pistol combined with a 1-hit melee was a deadly combination, and if in the hands of a skilled player, could cause a lot of trouble for the other team. This also goes for the defending team. A coordinated and well-oiled team could easily take down the opposition's flag carrier whilst capping theirs. It changed how CTF was played; Tactics, team placement, etc. The same goes for oddball. The ball in both Odd and Grif could be thrown, and that meant that tactics IRL could now be deployed on the virtual battlefield. But finally, what really made Halo 4 so great for me was ricochet. True, oddball also has a throwable ball and projectile weapons, but the goal was to hold the ball. Ricochet (A combination of oddball and grifball for those who haven't played it) was fun, exciting, and the fast paced rushing and defending was frantic yet somehow oddly organized. (I still have nightmares about that desperate sprint in order to stahp the enemy carrier from walking into our goal).

I accept the fact that many of you do not agree on the points I have made, but that's your opinion, and like I've said before, I couldn't really care.
Gametypes was one thing that 343i did well. I'm not a fan of what they did with CTF (the whole pistol idea is basically an exact copy of how CTF works on Crysis 2, not really revolutionary), but Dominion and Richochet are amazing gametypes. It's a shame that they didn't get played by many people in matchmaking. Custom loadouts are fun when they're done right (although, personally, I prefer not to have them), but Halo 4's weapons were not properly balanced for loadouts; that's what ruined Halo 4 for me. BTW: Halo 4's Assault Rifle was significantly buffed compared to Reach's Assault Rifle and may even be more powerful than Halo 3's.
PunxsutawnyFil
PunxsutawnyFil

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper May 29th 2014, 11:02 pm

Ifafudafi back on halomaps did a study of the assault rifle, magnum and compared them. H3 AR kills fastest
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top