Halo Games and Preferences

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which Halo Game is Your Favorite?

Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_lcap14%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 6 ]
Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_lcap12%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_lcap35%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 35% 
[ 15 ]
Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_lcap2%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_lcap7%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]
Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_lcap30%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 30% 
[ 13 ]
Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 43

Halo Games and Preferences - Page 5 Empty Re: Halo Games and Preferences

Post by Heatguts June 7th 2014, 9:20 am

Jaing wrote:But then how will I play all my RPG and my beloved CMTSpv3?
Easy. Just take the loader.dll file you have to put in the controls folder, and cut and paste it back out of that folder.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Ripr Moramee November 15th 2014, 10:26 am

Since having experienced all of the Halo Games I would rate it like this.

1. Halo 2 - Actually having another character to play as in the campaign and see it from a different perspective.
2. Halo 1 - Immerses you in the Halo universe for the first time.
3. Halo Reach - The Campaign made you feel sad, which none of the other games did or tried to do.
4. Halo Wars - I'm sorry, the Cutscenes in that game really did it for me.
5. Halo 3 ODST - Required tactical gameplay and stealth. If they tweaked it a bit more to the tactical side, I would of enjoyed it more.
6. Halo 3 - Amazingly fun Custom games.
7. Halo 4 - I like it but I don't know why. Maybe because more Chaos in Multiplayer? E.g. More vehicles Mantis etc.
Ripr Moramee
Ripr Moramee

Thumbs Up : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli December 26th 2014, 10:32 am

For me I'd have to say Halo 3. Its first Halo game that I played so I might be a little blinded by nostalgia but I really never got to experience Halo 2 at its best.
I have to confess a great sin for someone who calls themselves a Halo fan but I havent actually ever played the original Halo: Combat evolved. I started playing it on the original Xbox but never got too far with it, but now that I have the PC version its just matter of when I can be assed to see it for myself.

My list would probably be:

1. Halo 3
2. Halo: Reach
3. Halo 2
4. Halo: Combat evolved
5. Halo 4
6. Halo 3: ODST
7. Halo wars

Halo 3 was first Halo game that I played at the age of 8. I didnt know any english so I didnt really get anything more from the story than "save the 33rth frum teh aelienz" the gameplay was really fun in all of its simplicity and was good gateway game for other Halo games. Overall best experience for me.

Out of all the Halo games Reach is definetily the game I have spent most time on. Campaign was cool and fun but not really as breathtaking as I thought the main trilogy to be. Multiplayer map designs were awesome and I'd say weapons were pretty balanced, assault rifle could have used some buffs doe. Would call it the best multiplayer but some armour abilities, especially armor lock have just too strong aura of bullshit for me to like them. Would definetily have preferred it without armor lock. Also I'll never forgive them for taking away mah Battle Rifle. Never.

I never got to really play Halo 2's multiplayer at its golden age. All the videos I have watched sure looked fun though and would like to try the anniversary on Xbone. Maybe one day. But it has most freakin definitely best campaign in all of Halo games, fps and possibly out of all the games I have ever played. Loved it.

I am very new owner of Halo CE and cant really say much about it. Its very possible that it can go up in my ranks after I have spent some time on it but even with the little experience that I've had with it I can tell why many people would consider it best Halo game out there.

Halo 4 had some amazing graphical upgrades, thruster packs, M6H and no armor lock. Sadly for those amazing gifts were not enough to make me forgive them for removing so many things that made halo well... halo. Bullet magnetism is so huge it hurts, power weapons are easy to use and handed to everyone for nothing and it just feels so much more fast paced. I also hate Mantis with passion, such fire power and armor that can life two shots from spartan laser? Not cool.

Halo 3: ODST I havent gotten to far with. Originally got it for that nice DLC collection but eventually I decided to give the campaign a try. The problem I find with open world campaigns is that the surroundings get just so bloody repetitive, dont like them. At the point where I'm currently at the campaign there does not really seem to be clear objective. Just try to gain more information on mystery that feels just... dry. Gameplay was pretty nice though and I have weird thing going for suppressed weapons, I just love the sounds they make! ODST mechanics were surprisingly similar to SPARTANs, only thing that I felt was different was that I cant Leeroy melee attacks.

Havent played Halo Wars and most likely never will. The concept of RTS on console just sounds to terribly awful. Not huge fan of the genre itself and especially on console... No... NO!

Spartan Assault looks rather boring but its so cheap that might as well give it a try at some point. Key word being at... Two key words being at some point.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan 117 December 26th 2014, 12:53 pm

It was really hard to decide (except 1st place) but here is my list from best to less best.Halo can't be bad,right?

1.Halo 3
2.Halo 2
3.Halo CE
4.Halo 4
5.Halo: Reach
6.Halo 3: ODST
7.Halo Wars

Main reason why Halo 3 is my top and most favourite Halo game is MUSIC.After that comes level design,character role,very emotional and mostly sad story,multiplayer and Halo 3.I mean,I felt every piece of that game,from music to game design.It's not necessary but I'm going to say reasons about other two games which are on top 3.Halo 2 mostly because of story and music too.There are few things I didn't liked but beauty and almost perfection of that game overruned bad things.Halo CE now.Oh God....am I really that old?I grew up with that game,I learnt more about what can exist beyond our world.Music was fantastic,how can't it be?It's Martin O'Donnell!I was full of adrenaline while playing Halo CE.Scary moments and scary levels.Damn,I'm still afraid of 343 Guilty Spark.It was more scary last night I played Anniversary edition.Alot of frustrating moments (Truth & Reconciliation,Assault On The Control Room,The Silent Cartographer).And yet,I complete all these missions.Like I always did.Just to mention,I've completed Halo Combat Evolved over 100 times on Legendary.Not to speak about how many times I've beaten the game on Easy,Normal & Heroic (time when I was afraid of badass Elites and Flood).Once again,the final answer is Halo 3.I couldn't decide is it Halo 2 or Halo CE but,if it's possible,then this trilogy is my number 1 Halo game.
Spartan 117
Spartan 117

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh December 26th 2014, 3:57 pm

Halo 3.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper December 27th 2014, 3:21 am

I've never played halo wars, but I have played a demo and strangely enough it plays rather well. I've always been one to genre hop but RTS and halo do mix rather well
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by halofan December 31st 2014, 10:31 pm

I agree with the Op, I enjoyed Halo 3 and Halo Reach the most. Halo 3 was pure, no abilities or any perks ect. TRUE skill in Halo 3! Halo reach maybe had abilities but honestly they weren't that bad, when reach first came out I hated Reach but after halo 4 came out, I became more fond of reach. Halo 4 has some nice art, but where their taking halo is something i don't like.
halofan
halofan

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 2nd 2015, 9:00 am

Halo: CE
Halo 2
Halo ODST
I don't care about the rest.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh January 2nd 2015, 9:08 am

Except Halo 3's community is almost dead.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen January 2nd 2015, 10:31 am

R93_Sniper wrote:...RTS and halo do mix rather well
This is true, and for what it is, Halo Wars was very decent. It could, however, have been perhaps done better in terms of gameplay, as it gets pretty stale quick. It does have a damn good soundtrack though.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory February 6th 2015, 1:25 am

IN TERMS OF MULTIPLAYER

Halo Reach
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo CE
Halo ODST

Halo Reach multiplayer was complicated, but the physics were sound. Often times people get tripped up on the many things that are happening, or sometimes temporarily forget that they have armor abilities. I loved being able to use these minor complexities to outmaneuver enemies. This coupled with the flying physics of the falcon, and a communicative team, victories were to be had.
What I loved about Halo 2 mp is that the gameplay is simple enough that the player has to make things more complicated. It's maps had very large size differentiation with each being catered to their own traits. The odd gametypes were also a big part of it(Rocket race :3). And this also refers to the MCC, where there are only a few playlists, but within the playlists there would be voting of more specific gametypes.
For me almost all of Halo 3 was campaign. It was really all I did, because it was all I wanted to do.
The mp in Halo CE is excellent, but what really grinds my gears is when you barely get tapped by a vehicle and die. I know it was 2001 and all, but it always aggravated me..
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Thumbs Up : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer March 3rd 2015, 11:41 am

My top list (with reasons why)

-halo 2 (best campaign of all, because of many different locations and Original idea's (like cairo station), also because of the cool mega sentinel which never came back, after that, it had some of the best mp maps ever! also, H2A forge is so focking kewl : 3)

-halo combat evolved (best atmosphere of all halo games, best campaign after halo 2 and the best ending of the campaign of all halo games! screw you halo 3 warthog run!)

-halo 3 (the campaign didnt leave me with something memorable like halo 2 and halo ce, but the mp maps were great)

-halo 4 (oh shut op with the nostalgia, the infinite run was the best thing they added in halo mp ever! after that, nice gameplay, not that memorable campaign but still cool, but i liked the mp gameplay very much with the changes)

-halo reach (i couldnt really choose if halo reach or 4 was better, so they share the same spot, but because of my respect for 343i i gave halo 4 a spot above reach, reach hadn't any memorable situations for me, well, a few, but not so memorable, i love the firefight though and the mp infection game type was the best, forge is also really fun with it and also the vehicles, but because of the campaign it didnt get a very high ranking)

-halo 3 odst (I can't believe that it had so many fans, it got some memorable moments, more then reach actually, but i was like bored to death everytime i played as rookie, except for in the last 2 levels in the sewers and on the highway, no mp to talk about, and firefight was way to hard, but because of all the halo 3 map packs you got with it im not disappointed with buying it)

i dont have any oppinion about halo wars and guardians cuz i never played it, also, i didnt mention halo custom edition, but if i did, then it would definitely be in my top spot :D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top