The Questions Thread: Ask Questions Here, Leave With More

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Questions Thread: Ask Questions Here, Leave With More - Page 2 Empty Re: The Questions Thread: Ask Questions Here, Leave With More

Post by R93_Sniper August 30th 2016, 6:27 pm

Underoath77 wrote:Will you be supporting mods? I'd love to get the reach 4 and 5 stuff put in

That's more or less one of the bigger reasons why we've been on the wall about mods. If any of our players start putting content from other Halo games in, we could get shut down for it. Along with that, it also violates Epic's rules for UE4, so it may not even be Microsoft who shuts us down at that point.

deadofmind wrote:I'd say at this point it's unknown, they may need a bit of time working in UE4 to see how viable it is. I also remember there possibly being some kind of issue of getting C&D if people mod in copyrighted Halo stuff?

I really hope modding is allowed, I would love for all the Halo projects to get the kind of community attention Halo CE got.

Its actually not too difficult to make a modding kit for the game, atleast I wouldn't think so. CE also had the advantage of being an official, Microsoft sanctioned game, whereas we're not.

DreuxPhoenix wrote:I would hope that they would NOT support the game breaking mods and only mods that allow players to add some customization or fun little bits. Not stuff that makes them superior to their enemies.

I honestly don't even want to support mods at that point. Wanna do custom maps? Sure maybe, I'd love to allow that. But it'd be more like forge, or forge-in-editor type deal as far as I see it.
Also, is there a reason you're still arbitrarily adding color to your text? Not only is it more work for you, but it serves absolutely no purpose.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

The Questions Thread: Ask Questions Here, Leave With More - Page 2 Empty Is a linux port possible?

Post by sage2001 November 14th 2016, 6:34 pm

Considering the game is running Unreal Engine 4 now, and that Bioshock Infinite was ported to linux, would this game be ported to Linux?
sage2001
sage2001

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

The Questions Thread: Ask Questions Here, Leave With More - Page 2 Empty Re: The Questions Thread: Ask Questions Here, Leave With More

Post by R93_Sniper November 14th 2016, 10:43 pm

I made mention of this once before on the youtube video comments. Basically we want to ensure that people playing on one operating system can easily play with all the others and not just be relegated to their respective OS. Until then, we're only building for Windows.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Astraeus November 19th 2016, 2:10 pm

Will there be an alpha access or any ways for players to try the game?
Astraeus
Astraeus

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper November 19th 2016, 10:14 pm

Alpha access would definitely be for devs, whether or not we go public in any form is something unrelated. As far as trying the game, release is always a nice time.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by greenh2 January 2nd 2017, 12:08 am

Hey, I didn't see if this question was already asked, but sorry if it was. But are you guys going to have an announcer like the other Halo games?
greenh2
greenh2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh January 2nd 2017, 7:34 am

If we find anyone who can do voices like Jeff Steitzer yes.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix January 2nd 2017, 4:05 pm

*raises hand to volenteer
I am a pretty decent voice actor. I can get CLOSE to his voice. With some slight modification, we can perfect any recordings.

Just a small list of other voices I can do:
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 3rd 2017, 11:57 am

DreuxPhoenix wrote:*raises hand to volenteer
I am a pretty decent voice actor. I can get CLOSE to his voice. With some slight modification, we can perfect any recordings.

I'm glad you linked your portfolio with audible examples of those present on the list...
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat January 3rd 2017, 4:43 pm

I thought Steven Hawkins had a Microsoft accent!

( Yes I know he uses Speech+, but plenty of folk don't know and assumes it was the early text to speech from MS, damn I spoiled my short retort. )

Last edited by Deadmeat on January 3rd 2017, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Explained the reason for the MS accent quip.)
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by greenh2 January 3rd 2017, 11:49 pm

Well, if you guys can't find anyone, I also can raise my hand haha. I haven't really done a serious voice acting project, but I have done acting in the past. I have a deep voice naturally, but I can shape it up more
greenh2
greenh2

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix January 3rd 2017, 11:59 pm

Neesy wrote:
DreuxPhoenix wrote:*raises hand to volenteer

I'm glad you linked your portfolio with audible examples of those present on the list...

If you guys want audio, I'll have to buy a reliable mic and that may take a week, payday isn't till next Thursday and I believe in quality when it comes to audio.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper January 4th 2017, 12:36 am

Being the case, apply to the team with audio samples when you get to it.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh January 4th 2017, 6:47 am

Don't buy a mic for us though. There's no guarantee you'll get on the team.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 4th 2017, 10:35 am

Deadmeat wrote:I thought Steven Hawkins had a Microsoft accent!

( Yes I know he uses Speech+, but plenty of folk don't know and assumes it was the early text to speech from MS, damn I spoiled my short retort. )
I use the Microsoft accent sometimes. The best part is, people tell me it's "robotic" even though they can't quite place where it's from.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by greenh2 January 4th 2017, 9:26 pm

What kind of samples are you guys looking for? I already have a mic, so I'm good to go. But if you guys need a voice for the elites, I can do that instead.
greenh2
greenh2

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper January 5th 2017, 4:30 am

Announcer lines, gametypes are usually a good indicator.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 5th 2017, 6:25 am

R93_Sniper wrote:Announcer lines, gametypes are usually a good indicator.

"Sssslayyerrr" -  man CE announcements were beast
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by greenh2 January 5th 2017, 9:00 pm

Alright, well I'll be able to get to it this weekend :D
greenh2
greenh2

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 8th 2017, 11:23 pm

Neesy wrote:

"Sssslayyerrr" -  man CE announcements were beast

They were though so much. Occasionally I find myself with some people who play Halo 4 splitscreen (the owner of the xbox hates reach for some reason and refuses to play h3 because no sprint) and the announcer is just wrong, pitch jacked up for no reason and some kind of filter over it.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by GCat February 1st 2017, 12:51 am

First time doing an impression of Jeff Steitzer, so mind the roughness. Thought I'd throw it out here anyway and see what you guys think.

https://clyp.it/5evbo2mc
https://clyp.it/fyaqex2r

Last edited by GCat on February 1st 2017, 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
GCat
GCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh February 1st 2017, 10:27 am

"This account is private"
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by GCat February 1st 2017, 3:08 pm

Mootjuh wrote:"This account is private"
My apologies, edited the post accordingly.
GCat
GCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh February 1st 2017, 5:20 pm

The 3rd CTF voice is really good, try making more samples with that as base. The second slayer would be nice if you had taken it a bit slower.

But please do some more samples and apply here, we can properly review you that way.
http://www.project-contingency.com/Recruitment.html
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy February 2nd 2017, 6:29 am

Dreux Right now:
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top