The Questions Thread: Ask Questions Here, Leave With More

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Questions Thread: Ask Questions Here, Leave With More Empty The Questions Thread: Ask Questions Here, Leave With More

Post by R93_Sniper March 24th 2015, 11:28 pm

Hello Everyone and Welcome to the Project: Contingency Questions Thread! Here you can ask any question you want and we'll answer it as best we can. This thread is moderated, however, and we'll be having a few extra rules in addition to the website rules.

1. If a Question has already been asked, your post will be deleted and unanswered. However, if the answer to a question changes we'll let it pass.
2. You are free to discuss the details of a question, however there is a limit to how in-depth you can go. If your discussion begins to go off-topic or stops other people from stating their questions, The discussion will either be split into its own thread, or we will stop any further remarks and delete superfluous posts.
3. Everyone has opinions and are entitled to them. However, if you are being rude to another forum member due to their viewpoint (as would be depicted from a question), then you are in the wrong. We will not tolerate it.
4. If you ask a ridiculous question, you will get a ridiculous answer (maybe)

Below, we have a collection of all the questions that have been asked thus far.
Questions Asked Thus Far:

Last edited by R93_Sniper on April 13th 2015, 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

The Questions Thread: Ask Questions Here, Leave With More Empty Re: The Questions Thread: Ask Questions Here, Leave With More

Post by lolslayer July 20th 2016, 8:29 am

Now that you guys are using UE4, is it possible to create custom maps or something like forge? Would be cool you know :)
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

The Questions Thread: Ask Questions Here, Leave With More Empty Re: The Questions Thread: Ask Questions Here, Leave With More

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 23rd 2016, 7:10 pm

QUESTION : Will we be able to make friends in the game and add them to a sort of team? So that you can call out to one another and ask for friends to get online and join the match?

And if you are asking how to do that, may I suggest that you make a small app to link to the game, allowing players to view their profiles, stats, friends profiles, get news on updates and patches, and if a friend sends out a beacon for fellow friends to join team matches; they can be notified and get their computer ready?
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 25th 2016, 9:00 am

Or you could create an ingame friends system and your clan could get a steam bot that you could message to enable or disable "beacons" on your clan's homepage.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind July 25th 2016, 5:39 pm

O.O I have to say, I kind of agree with Dreux, I think an Android app would be pretty cool.

What about Steam? You could always add the game as a non steam game. I don't know if you can use the join or invite function this way, but there is already an app and steam has good chat and clan systems.

Would be best if you could release the game on steam xD but what are you gonna do yeh?

Also long time no talk peeps my PC broke ;-;
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy July 26th 2016, 7:51 am

Maybe you should just take the NoSteam / IW4RepZ way and have your forum account linked to your in-game...
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh July 28th 2016, 8:49 am

lolslayer wrote:Now that you guys are using UE4, is it possible to create custom maps or something like forge? Would be cool you know :)

Still doesn't make it easy. Besides, we're way too early in development to ecen thibk about that.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir July 29th 2016, 2:25 am

Mootjuh wrote:
lolslayer wrote:Now that you guys are using UE4, is it possible to create custom maps or something like forge? Would be cool you know :)

Still doesn't make it easy. Besides,  we're way too early in development to ecen thibk about that.
It kinda sounds pretty lame.. 4 years and still too early in developement? :/
I know the reason why but.. still it's lame :P
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper July 29th 2016, 3:26 am

"4 years"
Realistically its only been one year. We had to effectively restart when going to UE4.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir July 29th 2016, 7:42 am

Such a bummer :/
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy July 29th 2016, 9:02 am

restart
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind July 29th 2016, 3:36 pm

Doesn't matter to me, seems like even though you switched engines you're just a fraction behind where we last saw.

Don't know who's doing the texture work but are they the same ones who did the super beautiful work on the plasma pistol, carbine, plasma grenade and other stuff from the last big update?

Does UE4 utilize any features that CryEngine did poorly or even not at all? I don't know how long it's been since you guys switched to UE4 but I'm just wondering how everyone's respective experience has differed from CryEngine.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper July 29th 2016, 4:54 pm

TLDR:

We went UE4 March 2015, Game was in CryEngine since probably around 2008

In CryEngine we had the following
- 2 "working" weapons
- A "working" character with animations
- Many weapon models ingame but not utilized
- 6 designer maps
- 1 terrain map
- A "working" radar system
- A "working" shield/health system

In UE4 we currently have the following
- 12 nearly completely functional weapons
- Easy animation system for First and Third person meshes
- Blend spaces for third person cycles
- A mostly working character
- A fully functional radar system
- a fully functional health and shield system
- a fully functional headshot and headshot exclusivity system
- 2 maps to pay homage to the original trilogy
- 8 maps created by the team
- Bubble shield equipment that functions
- Energy Sword that actually works
- Modular systems that allow us to expand and clean up systems with little issue.
- Modular entities and objects for easy map design testing

From 2008-2015 you had little progress in CryEngine
From 2015-2016 you had three times the progress in UE4

We also streamlined our developer process and re-organized to accommodate people that are willing to work according to procedure rather than creating whatever they feel like (which was a major issue back in the days of CryEngine).

deadofmind wrote:
Don't know who's doing the texture work but are they the same ones who did the super beautiful work on the plasma pistol, carbine, plasma grenade and other stuff from the last big update?

Master Noob made the Plasma Pistol and Carbine, Plasma Grenade was made by our team lead. We did have Master Noob make our parent materials though.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind July 29th 2016, 6:52 pm

Ah yeah, think i asked about textures before, again great job with those :3 wasn't physically based rendering difficult to do in CE? Does UE4 have an easier way to do PBR?

What about networking? Wasn't the 64 player network code custom in CE? How different is managing it in UE4? Has the team been able to get it working?

>From 2008-2015 you had little progress in CryEngine
>From 2015-2016 you had three times the progress in UE4

Really puts the progress into perspective!

Something I've noticed since playing a bit of Halo. In Halo 2, 3, and Reach, playing SWAT All the time I noticed that Bungle put subtle markings on the walls to keep your reticle on the headlines. Are there any plans to do something similar for P:C?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by CPSNAP August 4th 2016, 5:00 pm

Are you guys gonna implement character flinching?
CPSNAP
CPSNAP

Thumbs Up : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh August 4th 2016, 6:39 pm

Probably not.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by midnightspro August 16th 2016, 11:27 pm

CE3 This year?
midnightspro
midnightspro

Thumbs Up : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper August 17th 2016, 2:06 am

Mootjuh wrote:Probably not.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 17th 2016, 1:43 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:
Mootjuh wrote:Probably not.
Flinching is awful it leads to some really twitchy who shoots first wins gameplay
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen August 17th 2016, 2:25 pm

I just looked it up, wow I did not realise that was a thing.
I play too suicidally to notice XD

I thought you were referring to the reaction third person spartan models make when they are shot.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper August 17th 2016, 10:44 pm

That animation bugs me even more. It looks dumb as hell.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer August 21st 2016, 3:48 pm

What was the reason why you guys weren't at CE3? I'm curious, I mean, you could just show off the gameplay of june, it was good enough and I'm sure a lot of people watching CE3 didn't even know about contingency
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Underoath77 August 30th 2016, 4:54 pm

Will you be supporting mods? I'd love to get the reach 4 and 5 stuff put in
Underoath77
Underoath77

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind August 30th 2016, 5:33 pm

I'd say at this point it's unknown, they may need a bit of time working in UE4 to see how viable it is. I also remember there possibly being some kind of issue of getting C&D if people mod in copyrighted Halo stuff?

I really hope modding is allowed, I would love for all the Halo projects to get the kind of community attention Halo CE got.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix August 30th 2016, 6:12 pm

I would hope that they would NOT support the game breaking mods and only mods that allow players to add some customization or fun little bits. Not stuff that makes them superior to their enemies.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top