anime = japanese stuff
catoons = everything else
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Anime Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Anime Thread

Post by R93_Sniper November 21st 2016, 3:31 pm

General is right, for the most part.IIRC they even consider some 3D stuff anime too but i could be wrong there
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggyNos November 22nd 2016, 3:33 am

Both Berserk and Ajin were made using only 3D-rendering, and I don't think anyone disputes the fact that either are anime (though people greatly criticize Berserk for its terrible animation). As is more common, a lot of anime incorporate 3D and 2D techniques (i.e. they'll draw some of it, but the character models might be done in 3D, since it's easier and cheaper). I would even go as far as to throw games such as Neptunia under the "anime" umbrella, since they use the same style as anime in their models.

If we're comparing western animation to eastern animation, the two are inherently similar, which is obvious if you know about the origins of anime. If I'm correct (and I very well might not be), the US flooded the Japanese market with western products in order to boost their economy following WWII, and one of those products included cartoons mostly from Disney. For years, Japanese studios would try to imitate the style of western cartoons, but they eventually acquired their own style starting in the sixties, leading to anime.

Yes, they usually cater to different audiences, but there are still a lot of cartoons in America that attract the same viewers (stuff on adult swim come to mind, maybe some other stuff on Cartoon Network). It makes sense that Japanese viewers would consider them the same, since anime is more generally accepted in Japan than cartoons are in the US, especially considering that watching cartoons as an adult is viewed as childish here.

I also fail to see how seeing cartoons and anime as the same is weebish.
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Thumbs Up : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper November 22nd 2016, 5:04 pm

I think thats just the inherent "they're different so dont call them the same" mentality. Though hilarious how theres a word that describes a person who likes eastern animation, but there isnt for an easyerner who likes western animation. I find that mildly amusing.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 22nd 2016, 8:22 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:I think thats just the inherent "they're different so dont call them the same" mentality. Though hilarious how theres a word that describes a person who likes eastern animation, but there isnt for an easyerner who likes western animation. I find that mildly amusing.
That's cuz ENAMEY is for WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBS but I guess either western animation is just worse or they don't care over there
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggyNos November 23rd 2016, 1:40 am

Disney movies actually do extremely well in Japan. Frozen, for example, had a revenue of over 28 billion yen, putting it in third for top grossing films in Japan, below Titanic and Spirited Away. So Western Animation is still important to them, but I do think they generally do not care about children's shows, and I'm not sure about what they think about adult animated shows.
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 23rd 2016, 10:59 am

JaggyNos wrote:Disney movies actually do extremely well in Japan. Frozen, for example, had a revenue of over 28 billion yen, putting it in third for top grossing films in Japan, below Titanic and Spirited Away. So Western Animation is still important to them, but I do think they generally do not care about children's shows, and I'm not sure about what they think about adult animated shows.

If this was the case you wouldn't have shit like Boomerang and Cartoon Network all over Asia.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggyNos November 28th 2016, 5:36 pm

In case anyone didn't see the announcement and is interested, Code Geass Season 3 was announced for January 2017.

https://twitter.com/Gust_FAN/status/802785524100448256

Rough summary of the tweet: The sequel to Code Geass will release January 2017, and it will be titled Code Geass: Lelouch of the Resurrection.

It will also apparently be a direct continuation of the story from season 2, but I don't have a source for that. I'm really interested to see how they continue Lelouch's story, but I'm expecting it to be bad. Even though I absolutely love Code Geass, I don't know if they can continue the story in a way that doesn't seem forced or contrived.

Next season is looking pretty awesome, with some cool anime making appearances, such as Konosuba season 2, Little Witch Academia, Tales of Zestiria The X Season 2, and now Code Geass Seaon 3. Pretty hyped to see what else is to come, and we might see Boku No Hero Academia and One Punch Man Season 2 next year.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that they are making three recap movies, just in case anyone doesn't want to watch or rewatch all 50 episodes.
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 29th 2016, 8:14 am

Am I the only one who thought Code Geass was terrible?
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen November 29th 2016, 1:59 pm

I didn't really like it either honestly, I dunno if I'd say it was terrible, just not something I enjoyed. But whatever, an extension for those who care, for better or worse remains to be seen.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir November 29th 2016, 3:28 pm

I would kill for spice and wolf season 3. Too bad it'll never come out. Bychy animators!
Anyway, any update on Attack on Titan S02?
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ November 29th 2016, 6:06 pm

Code Geass was alright. Some of it was stupid but I enjoyed the mech scenes and I think it has one of the best endings of all time. That said, a season 3 would kinda ruin the whole sacrifice at the end tbh (if Lelouche comes back)
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat November 29th 2016, 6:08 pm

Re Attack on Titan a quick search found this wiki entry:

A second season of the anime series was announced on the opening day of the first theatrical film, set to be released in 2016,[64] though the premiere date was pushed back to April 2017

So you've a few months to wait yet.

[64] "Attack on Titan TV Anime Gets 2nd Season in 2016". Anime News Network. November 22, 2014. Retrieved November 22, 2014.
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy December 1st 2016, 9:06 am

Stevedoggen wrote:I didn't really like it either honestly, I dunno if I'd say it was terrible, just not something I enjoyed. But whatever, an extension for those who care, for better or worse remains to be seen.

Ok yeah I'm being too harsh saying 'Terrible' but I felt it fell short in every aspect of the show.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir December 1st 2016, 9:14 am

Neesy wrote:
Stevedoggen wrote:I didn't really like it either honestly, I dunno if I'd say it was terrible, just not something I enjoyed. But whatever, an extension for those who care, for better or worse remains to be seen.

Ok yeah I'm being too harsh saying 'Terrible' but I felt it fell short in every aspect of the show.
Sounds like you can make a better one? ?? (pls dont rage on me now)

Deadmeat wrote:So you've a few months to wait yet.
Aww man... alright then, everyone suggest me best anime they saw. I have plenty of spare time. Better not waste it.. Wait... I will be kind of wasting it ._.
Anyway suggest me some!
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ December 1st 2016, 9:58 pm

"If you don't like it, you're saying you could have done it better"
Literally the worst argument ever.
If you're a doctor and you perform a crap surgery on me and I complain, I would flip out if I was told 'so you're saying you could've done it better'
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 December 2nd 2016, 6:44 am

Anime Thread - Page 3 Fe7fca3552c1ff53e0d3e2d4be586a2f
Anime Thread - Page 3 EbZsIzS

General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir December 2nd 2016, 9:00 am

TheAandZ wrote:"If you don't like it, you're saying you could have done it better"
Literally the worst argument ever.
If you're a doctor and you perform a crap surgery on me and I complain, I would flip out if I was told 'so you're saying you could've done it better'
Your sense of humor really goes to infinity.. (negative side) Period. and your sentences don't even make any sense!
And for the record bro, i was just kidding around with Neeesy. See the bracket at the end?

Anime News:
http://www.newseveryday.com/articles/56160/20161129/your-name-kimi-no-na-wa-becomes-third-highest-grossing-japanese-film-all-time-what-s-with-all-the-hype.htm
Anime Thread - Page 3 Name
Wow man! Will be waitching this one for sure.
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy December 2nd 2016, 12:59 pm

And for the record bro, i was just kidding around with Neeesy.

Yeah I gathered (although I had to conciously make that decision) and no I probably couldn't write something better.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir December 3rd 2016, 3:45 pm

Nobody's recommending me any anime :c
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ December 3rd 2016, 9:42 pm

I'm too busy with college applications to find/recommend anything atm.
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen December 4th 2016, 9:48 pm

Just do what I do.

"Hmm I want to watch them there animes"
*Goes to Kissanime.to*
*Anime List tab, sort by popularity*
*Open a few tabs on ones I dont recognise the name of*
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir December 6th 2016, 4:19 am

ALRIGHT! Bye bye outside world, hello anime!
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Back to top Go down

Post by brandofcrates December 8th 2016, 9:20 am

Anyone up to date on Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?
brandofcrates
brandofcrates

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggyNos December 19th 2016, 2:57 pm

I'm a bit late, but here's the preview for Konosuba Season 2, which is airing next month. Subs were done by Mori, not by the youtube channel, which is why I'm posting a streamable link.

https://streamable.com/wfux

Boku No Hero Academia Season 2 is also scheduled to air next Spring, along with Attack on Titan Season 2. Haven't seen Attack on Titan, much to the chagrin of my friends, but Boku No Hero Academia should be pretty hype.

Source for Boku No Hero Academia: https://twitter.com/heroaca_anime/status/809912379945283584
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top