Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Weapons

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Weapons  Empty Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Weapons

Post by R93_Sniper September 17th 2016, 3:01 am

Weapons come in all shapes, sizes, functionality, and even designs! Halo's core gameplay is very heavily reliant on these cool, unique, and sometimes ridiculous weapons. Here's a small guide for how to write a suggestion for a weapon, which you can make by posting a reply here!

Name: [This is the Name of the weapon, can be placeholder]
Faction:* [Which Faction in the halo universe does this weapon belong to? This generally should help dictate what it shoots and how!]
Weapon Class:* [What kind of weapon is this? Is it a support item like a turret, a small arm like the pistol, a rifle like the carbine, or a heavy like the rocket launcher?]
Projectile:* [What does this gun shoot?]
Projectile Speed: [How fast does this projectile travel?]
Fire Rate: [How Fast does this weapon fire?]
Niche:* [Where does this weapon excel? Short Range, Long Range, Extremely Close Range?]
Description:* [Describe your weapon as best you can!]
Extra: [Anything else you wish to include with your suggestion. Be warned that all images MUST be included as spoilers!]
*required

Remember, these weapons are meant to be in the halo universe, so generally try to take inspiration from what could feasibly exist. As another note, please do not make suggestions for weapon variants, as we will most likely not be including them in our game. Try to also remember that everything must be balanced for multiplayer, so try not to make a weapon that's overpowered.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Weapons  Empty Re: Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Weapons

Post by Jaing September 18th 2016, 6:40 am

Code:

[u]Name:[/u]

[u]Faction:[/u]

[u]Weapon Class:[/u]

[u]Projectile:[/u]

[u]Projectile Speed:[/u]

[u]Fire Rate:[/u]

[u]Niche:[/u]

[u]Description:[/u]

[u]Extras:[/u] [spoiler][url]URL[img]host link[/img][/url][/spoiler]

Template. Ctrl+C // Ctrl+V, you know the drill. Happy suggesting!
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Weapons  Empty Re: Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Weapons

Post by SilentGamer64 September 27th 2016, 9:18 pm

Name: Needle Pistol
Faction: Covenant
Weapon Class: Sidearm
Projectile: Needler needles
Projectile Speed: Fast (not hitscan)
Fire Rate: Medium/fast (semi-auto)
Niche: Close-mid range
Description: Pretty much inspired by SPV3's Shredder, the Needle Pistol would act like a less accurate, closer ranged version of the needle rifle. Noticeably less tracking compared to the standard needler, but the fact that the projectiles travel a little faster than the needler's will make up for this. Headshot capable, supercombine can trigger before shields are down if enough needles impale the target, much like how the regular needler's supercombine works. No scope, and significant spread/no tracking when reticule isn't red.
Extra: Found a fan-made concept art of what a needle pistol could look like:
Spoiler:
It looks a little jagged, could be smoothed out a bit to fit the covenant aesthetic better.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix September 28th 2016, 5:15 pm

Will contingency have Dominion? If so, I think that when players fortify a base, these should be made available to be mounted.
If not, then some maps should possibly come with these.

Halo 3 ODST Sationary Guns:
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts September 28th 2016, 6:07 pm

Hate to shoot stuff down but stationary turrets almost never work in fps games period, because the turret is either super powerful and unfightable or the player on it is too vulnerable and is easily picked off.

I think Halo 3 did a pretty good job with the turrets but if you got attacked by two people at once and could only shoot one the other would easily kill you while you mowed down their buddy.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 29th 2016, 5:32 am

Needle pistol = MW2 Glock-20 just not OP? :>
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing September 29th 2016, 5:36 am

Name: Gauss Sniper

Faction: Human

Weapon Class: Sniper Rifle

Projectile: Tungsten Pinhead Rounds

Projectile Speed: Practically Hitscan

Fire Rate: 4.20 second intervals between shots

Niche: Spartan 1sk, Vehicle shredder

Description: Essentially a long-range Railgun

Damage is proportional to charge duration. Hold LMB to charge up to ~1.2 seconds, with 1.2 seconds being a 1-sk. Automatically fires at end of charging cycle. Can quickly power cycle accelerators to insta fire w/o charge for normal sniper damage. (pop shields.) 3 second reload. 1 shot per cycle. Uses energy as well to fire (it is a coil gun after all). Energy recharges with time. Can consecutively shoot 5 times before having to recharge. Starting ammo 1/9. Maximum of 1/19.

~3 shots to destroy Ghost
~5 shots to destroy Warthog
~7 shots to destroy Banshee

[spoiler][url=URL[/url]
will update with drawing i did years ago
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 29th 2016, 5:52 am

Can consecutively shoot 5 times before having to recharge. Starting ammo 1/9. Maximum of 1/19

As something that theoretically would one shot anybody, that sounds broken af.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 September 29th 2016, 11:16 am

Heatguts wrote:Hate to shoot stuff down but stationary turrets almost never work in fps games period, because the turret is either super powerful and unfightable or the player on it is too vulnerable and is easily picked off.

I think Halo 3 did a pretty good job with the turrets but if you got attacked by two people at once and could only shoot one the other would easily kill you while you mowed down their buddy.

Shade turrets have always been especially useless in multiplayer. Halo 3's turned too slow, Reach's turned and fired too slow, and Halo 4's had decent turning and projectile speed and accuracy, but was so weak that enough small arms fire could trash it in less than 10 seconds, assuming your completely exposed body wasn't picked off first. Honestly I could see human stationary turrets doing a lot better compared to shades. Although considering we could have the tripod turrets that you can also unmount and carry around, I don't really see a need for them.

Neesy wrote:Needle pistol = MW2 Glock-20 just not OP? :>

> Semi-auto

If it was full auto it would basically be a needler with slightly different mechanics, which would be kind of redundant.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix September 29th 2016, 1:44 pm

Jaing wrote:Name: Gauss Sniper

Faction: Human

Weapon Class: Sniper Rifle

Projectile: Tungsten Pinhead Rounds

Projectile Speed: Practically Hitscan

Fire Rate: 4.20 second intervals between shots

Niche: Spartan 1sk, Vehicle shredder

Description: Essentially a long-range Railgun

Damage is proportional to charge duration. Hold LMB to charge up to ~1.2 seconds, with 1.2 seconds being a 1-sk. Automatically fires at end of charging cycle. Can quickly power cycle accelerators to insta fire w/o charge for normal sniper damage. (pop shields.) 3 second reload. 1 shot per cycle. Uses energy as well to fire (it is a coil gun after all). Energy recharges with time. Can consecutively shoot 5 times before having to recharge. Starting ammo 1/9. Maximum of 1/19.

~3 shots to destroy Ghost
~5 shots to destroy Warthog
~7 shots to destroy Banshee

[spoiler][url=URL[/url]
will update with drawing i did years ago

Sounds like a weaker sibling to this weapon from the Fallout Series
The Gauss Rifle:
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh September 29th 2016, 1:56 pm

Or this thing

Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen September 29th 2016, 2:23 pm

I was wondering how long it would be before someone posted that Gauss Sniper. Love that gun, especially the aesthetics of it.

10/10 for the sax playing splaser tho.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper September 29th 2016, 3:37 pm

Fun fact, broke gave us permission to use that rifle in the game if we chose to do so.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts September 29th 2016, 8:51 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:
Heatguts wrote:Hate to shoot stuff down but stationary turrets almost never work in fps games period, because the turret is either super powerful and unfightable or the player on it is too vulnerable and is easily picked off.

Shade turrets have always been especially useless in multiplayer. Halo 3's turned too slow, Reach's turned and fired too slow, and Halo 4's had decent turning and projectile speed and accuracy, but was so weak that enough small arms fire could trash it in less than 10 seconds, assuming your completely exposed body wasn't picked off first. Honestly I could see human stationary turrets doing a lot better compared to shades. Although considering we could have the tripod turrets that you can also unmount and carry around, I don't really see a need for them.
Yeah I was kind of talking about the tripod turrets. I didn't even realize Halo 3 had shade turrets lol.
Halo CE's were funny because you could put one on one side of blood gulch and then shoot at the other and laugh at the absolutely massive spread.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 September 30th 2016, 7:41 pm

Heatguts wrote:
SilentGamer64 wrote:

Yeah I was kind of talking about the tripod turrets. I didn't even realize Halo 3 had shade turrets lol.
Halo CE's were funny because you could put one on one side of blood gulch and then shoot at the other and laugh at the absolutely massive spread.

They actually weren't in Halo 3 MM, but I was messing around with them in Halo Online forge and realized how slow they turn.

Yeah CE's shades were inaccurate but the triple shots were at least good for suppression.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts September 30th 2016, 10:02 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:
Heatguts wrote:Yeah I was kind of talking about the tripod turrets. I didn't even realize Halo 3 had shade turrets lol.

They actually weren't in Halo 3 MM, but I was messing around with them in Halo Online forge and realized how slow they turn.

Yeah CE's shades were inaccurate but the triple shots were at least good for suppression.
In the end, suppression is really all stationary turrets are about. Well, not exactly, specifically they're about area denial. The strength comes from the fact that they're hard to take out, the weakness comes from the fact that the can't move. So you have to make it engaging for players to actively play with them, because good players realize that they aren't supposed to be in that area and so if you're playing with good players you either get picked off because the turret doesn't offer enough protection or nobody goes near you and it's the most boring thing ever.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top