EGM November 2002 Halo 2 Article shows what Halo 2 could and was supposed to be...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EGM November 2002 Halo 2 Article shows what Halo 2 could and was supposed to be... - Page 2 Empty Re: EGM November 2002 Halo 2 Article shows what Halo 2 could and was supposed to be...

Post by Neesy December 1st 2015, 6:26 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:
Neesy wrote:
Minor campaign nitpicks include the lack of UNSC enemies for the Arbiter missions

From a game design aspect I think it'd ruin the allegiance imposed on the player with the UNSC / protagonist, severing any 'bond' created with the 'good guys'.

Oh come on, you and I both know everyone kills the marine allies for sport now and again. Hell, I even did it by accident not too long ago, and I didn't give two shits about it. That idiot deserved it:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SilentGamer64/video/13021579

I never did after little neesy one day thought it'd be a good idea to kill captain keyes back in 2001 :']
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

EGM November 2002 Halo 2 Article shows what Halo 2 could and was supposed to be... - Page 2 Empty Re: EGM November 2002 Halo 2 Article shows what Halo 2 could and was supposed to be...

Post by Heatguts December 1st 2015, 6:34 pm

Neesy wrote:
Heatguts wrote:What about the Arbiter's "bond" with the elites and grunts he commands?

This is carried on through having elites help you later on and Halfjaw as a back up character (can't remember his official name [vadumee???])
But you fight the covenant as the chief throughout the game. That doesn't destroy your "bond" with the covenant or the arbiter, so why would adding marine enemies destroy your "bond" with the chief?
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy December 1st 2015, 7:10 pm

Heatguts wrote:
Neesy wrote:
Heatguts wrote:What about the Arbiter's "bond" with the elites and grunts he commands?

This is carried on through having elites help you later on and Halfjaw as a back up character (can't remember his official name [vadumee???])
But you fight the covenant as the chief throughout the game. That doesn't destroy your "bond" with the covenant or the arbiter, so why would adding marine enemies destroy your "bond" with the chief?

Not necessarily with the chief more with the whole of UNSC / humanity:

You spent the whole of CE supporting and playing as the protagonists (Humans) and have somewhat of a natural allegiance with them (not being an alien yourself IRL lmao)
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 1st 2015, 8:36 pm

Exactly. So you'd have a stronger "bond" that would be harder to break. And since the weaker bond with the covenant hasn't been really broken by fighting them throughout the whole campaign, it's safe to say that fighting marines for a few missions would have a pretty minimal effect on hating them.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy December 1st 2015, 8:42 pm

Idk, I'm just looking at it from a game design point of you.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top