Physically Based Battle-Rifle model in Substance Painter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Physically Based Battle-Rifle model in Substance Painter Empty Physically Based Battle-Rifle model in Substance Painter

Post by pritster5 November 1st 2015, 12:39 pm

Hey guys, today I wanted to show you a PBR calibrated battle-rifle I've been working on. I haven't completely finished the textures so it might look too shiny and I'm working on fixing that.
Anyways, here are the pics:

Physically Based Battle-Rifle model in Substance Painter PBRScreen2
Physically Based Battle-Rifle model in Substance Painter PBRScreen1
pritster5
pritster5

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Physically Based Battle-Rifle model in Substance Painter Empty Re: Physically Based Battle-Rifle model in Substance Painter

Post by Heatguts November 1st 2015, 2:22 pm

I'm not the biggest fan of the h4 br but wow that first pic looks like it came straight out of the game!

The stock in the second one looks a little poofy in places though.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Physically Based Battle-Rifle model in Substance Painter Empty Re: Physically Based Battle-Rifle model in Substance Painter

Post by TheAandZ November 1st 2015, 3:06 pm

One thing I will say I like about Halo 5 is what they did with the human weapons (minus the DMR).

But like Heat said, it's a really nice rendition of the original
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh November 1st 2015, 4:16 pm

What's funny is AFAIK Halo 4 didn't even use PBR. They started doing it with H2A.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper November 1st 2015, 6:36 pm

I actually have the halo 4 BR model, and that looks way too close to be custom. If you're doing custom PBR textures that's one thing but if that model isn't custom then don't claim it is.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh November 1st 2015, 7:27 pm

Looks like he never claimed the model to be his own.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 1st 2015, 7:48 pm

EDIT: Give OP a thumbs up

Last edited by Neesy on November 1st 2015, 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper November 1st 2015, 7:49 pm

Its misleading a bit, though. Should probably clear that up
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind November 4th 2015, 7:07 pm

What exactly is physically based rendering and is P:C going to be utilizing it? Looks pretty dang good though.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time November 4th 2015, 7:38 pm

deadofmind wrote:What exactly is physically based rendering and is P:C going to be utilizing it? Looks pretty dang good though.

I don't know the exact definition but the important bit is that it's a really good new Rendering system for lightning which helps give more realism to different textures and materials for example a Metal would theoretically refract light in a metallish way while wood would reflect light in a Woodish way... *ughh i'm not really sure i'm not a game developer lol
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy November 4th 2015, 7:50 pm

Neesy wrote:EDIT: Give OP a thumbs up

no? ok
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen November 5th 2015, 12:10 am

Realistic lighting isn't always better though.
I prefer how Reach and earlier handled it.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh November 5th 2015, 12:56 am

H2A looked good IMO.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper November 5th 2015, 1:44 am

PBR is short for Physically Based Rendering. I don't know the specifics of it but the long and the short of it is that its a rendering pipeline that mimics the way that light reacts with surfaces in real world situations as opposed to how most people think it should react. It also allows for materials that make use of some special form of tessellation which is weird. A simple google search yielded this: https://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/pbr-theory
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind November 5th 2015, 4:20 am

Seems preeeetty dang complicated, from a development standpoint at least. Pretty simple as an idea for my head to wrap around though xD

Is it safe to assume there will be no PBR sandwiches in Project: Contingency?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh November 5th 2015, 5:24 am

I found PBR easier as it is much less guess work when texturing.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind November 5th 2015, 7:29 pm

<_<

>_>

Is dis PBR confirmed or not?! xD
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper November 5th 2015, 7:49 pm

#TheWorldWillNeverKnow
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobby87 April 1st 2016, 3:47 pm

deadofmind wrote:<_<

>_>

Is dis PBR confirmed or not?! xD
It is not.
Note the 3 layers in the layer stack and how only one of those has any diffuse/albedo.
Cobby87
Cobby87
Developer

Thumbs Up : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind April 1st 2016, 8:22 pm

I wonder if Pritster5 ever finished this, I'd love to see the final version ^_^
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobby87 April 2nd 2016, 6:47 am

They didn't even work on this, they imported ripped textures into substance to make it look like they had.
Cobby87
Cobby87
Developer

Thumbs Up : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind April 3rd 2016, 1:55 pm

D: That sucks, totally not cool to do.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy April 11th 2016, 2:36 am

Cobby87 wrote:They didn't even work on this, they imported ripped textures into substance to make it look like they had.
What a waste of a thread
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top