Where would I learn networking online?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Where would I learn networking online? Empty Where would I learn networking online?

Post by CPSNAP May 12th 2015, 6:32 pm

Okay so just need a link to a video or site to learn this stuff.
CPSNAP
CPSNAP

Thumbs Up : 9

Back to top Go down

Where would I learn networking online? Empty Re: Where would I learn networking online?

Post by R93_Sniper May 12th 2015, 9:35 pm

if you're doing anything in C++/C#/Variations of C, you should check out the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN.com I think is the site)
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Where would I learn networking online? Empty Re: Where would I learn networking online?

Post by CPSNAP May 12th 2015, 9:49 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:if you're doing anything in C++/C#/Variations of C, you should check out the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN.com I think is the site)

Well thank you. And one of you (I think it was you) told me to learn it, why, have you guys not put the servers together properly?
CPSNAP
CPSNAP

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper May 13th 2015, 1:09 am

I recall you asking which language cryengine uses, I simply answered you
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 13th 2015, 3:18 am

I think you should wait with networking until you got some moar experience, networking is hard
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by CPSNAP May 13th 2015, 8:16 pm

lolslayer wrote:I think you should wait with networking until you got some moar experience, networking is hard

No what you saw was just a little percentage of what I can do.
I know it's hard, I still need to know where to go though.
CPSNAP
CPSNAP

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 15th 2015, 3:47 am

CPSNAP wrote:
lolslayer wrote:I think you should wait with networking until you got some moar experience, networking is hard

Well, as far as I know u only got 1 month of experience or maybe 2, and even with my 2 years of experience I didn't succeed creating networking in game maker
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by DatGuyYouKnow May 15th 2015, 4:03 pm

lolslayer wrote:
CPSNAP wrote:

Well, as far as I know u only got 1 month of experience or maybe 2, and even with my 2 years of experience I didn't succeed creating networking in game maker

Well he could just go super saiyain and surpass you quickly.
DatGuyYouKnow
DatGuyYouKnow

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 16th 2015, 4:14 am

DatGuyYouKnow wrote:
lolslayer wrote:
CPSNAP wrote:

Well he could just go super saiyain and surpass you quickly.

not everybody knows how to become super saiyain ;D
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen May 16th 2015, 5:29 am

Not everybody knows how to spell it correctly either.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 16th 2015, 7:01 am

ScreaM Saiyaijin
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts May 16th 2015, 10:17 am

Stevedoggen wrote:Not everybody knows how to spell it correctly either.
So true lol.

Also building networking from scratch would be different from using an engine's built in networking framework, if there is one. I figure gamemaker doesn't have that. I actually don't know that any engine has that built in automatically, but I'm sure there's prototype networking systems floating around somewhere.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh May 16th 2015, 12:26 pm

Pretty sure Cryengine, UE4 and Unity have some sort of base for networking.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by DatGuyYouKnow May 16th 2015, 1:03 pm

*slaps self*
How could i get that wrong?! I am a huge DBZ fan, I've SEEN IT ALL!
*whimpers*
DatGuyYouKnow
DatGuyYouKnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Zusheqiel May 16th 2015, 2:48 pm

DatGuyYouKnow wrote:

*slaps self*
*whimpers*
I honestly never could do it... i was going to try and watch it... then the movie came out lol
Zusheqiel
Zusheqiel

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 16th 2015, 3:15 pm

Heatguts wrote:
So true lol.

Also building networking from scratch would be different from using an engine's built in networking framework, if there is one. I figure gamemaker doesn't have that. I actually don't know that any engine has that built in automatically, but I'm sure there's prototype networking systems floating around somewhere.

lol, game maker got the possibility of networking after a 1 year old update, but it isn't automatically, it's still pretty hard, but also pretty advanced so you can create all kinds of servers ;D

there is even a special networking event in the object editor
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by DatGuyYouKnow May 16th 2015, 4:37 pm

Zusheqiel wrote:
DatGuyYouKnow wrote:

*slaps self*
*whimpers*
I honestly never could do it... i was going to try and watch it... then the movie came out lol

Please tell me your not speaking of dragon ball evolution, foxes terrible re hash that destroyed everything good in DBZ.
DatGuyYouKnow
DatGuyYouKnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts May 16th 2015, 10:29 pm

Mootjuh wrote:Pretty sure Cryengine, UE4 and Unity have some sort of base for networking.
Well they probably have a base, but I meant like a simple prototype base server setup that you could just modify things in your game to have it work over the internet. So you would have a prototype listen server and dedicated server setup that you could modify to add fields and variables and stuff.

As opposed to "Here's a command for getting information and here's a command for sending it and here's some commands for connecting for servers have fun".
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Zusheqiel May 16th 2015, 10:40 pm

DatGuyYouKnow wrote:
Zusheqiel wrote:
DatGuyYouKnow wrote:

*slaps self*
*whimpers*

Please tell me your not speaking of dragon ball evolution, foxes terrible re hash that destroyed everything good in DBZ.
Well I know and you see after that i was again "going" to get into that but imma big DC fan... and... I can't abandon my team :P
Zusheqiel
Zusheqiel

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 17th 2015, 3:59 am

Heatguts wrote:
Mootjuh wrote:Pretty sure Cryengine, UE4 and Unity have some sort of base for networking.
Well they probably have a base, but I meant like a simple prototype base server setup that you could just modify things in your game to have it work over the internet. So you would have a prototype listen server and dedicated server setup that you could modify to add fields and variables and stuff.

As opposed to "Here's a command for getting information and here's a command for sending it and here's some commands for connecting for servers have fun".

lol u need to program much more then that few of commands in game maker :P
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by DatGuyYouKnow May 17th 2015, 12:24 pm

Zusheqiel wrote:
DatGuyYouKnow wrote:
Zusheqiel wrote:
DatGuyYouKnow wrote:

*slaps self*
*whimpers*

Well I know and you see after that i was again "going" to get into that but imma big DC fan... and... I can't abandon my team :P

Not even going to even try to debate with you on that at all, all im gonna say is that dbz and DC are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY different in every way.
DatGuyYouKnow
DatGuyYouKnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh May 17th 2015, 2:18 pm

Just watch DBZ Kai, less episodes but covers the same material. Higher quality and stuff.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Zusheqiel May 17th 2015, 3:12 pm

DatGuyYouKnow wrote:
Zusheqiel wrote:
DatGuyYouKnow wrote:
Zusheqiel wrote:
DatGuyYouKnow wrote:

*slaps self*
*whimpers*

Not even going to even try to debate with you on that at all, all im gonna say is that dbz and DC are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY different in every way.
Yes but if you look at the original video of which that video came, they justified every single about it and more. I couldnt resist messin with you dbz fans with this. they would never fight anyways.
Zusheqiel
Zusheqiel

Back to top Go down

Post by DatGuyYouKnow May 17th 2015, 8:26 pm

Zusheqiel wrote:es but if you look at the original video of which that video came, they justified every single about it and more. I couldnt resist messin with you dbz fans with this. they would never fight anyways

I didn't say it was wrong, i don't see why you would try to provoke me into a debate that i know you would win because superman is basically invincible with a sun.

Mootjuh wrote:Just watch DBZ Kai, less episodes but covers the same material. Higher quality and stuff.
Kai is fine, it's not as great as the original, they cut out some good lines and material, they cut some of the better voice actors. But they did add some good lines, and a small amount of new good voice actors. What they really did wrong was get rid of Bruce falconers music ):
DatGuyYouKnow
DatGuyYouKnow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top