Post by DatGuyYouKnow May 8th 2015, 9:39 pm

It has returned das koo!
DatGuyYouKnow
DatGuyYouKnow

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Arby N' the chief  Empty Re: Arby N' the chief

Post by RockMetal&Time May 8th 2015, 10:14 pm

TheChunkierBean's efforts where for nothing I guess...
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts May 8th 2015, 11:03 pm

Woah... those sprites are amazing. I'm looking forward to this.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 9th 2015, 8:16 am

Heatguts wrote:Woah... those sprites are amazing. I'm looking forward to this.

srsly? amazing?

I don't quite like the colour palette
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 9th 2015, 8:32 am

also, I missed those voices :')
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts May 10th 2015, 10:10 am

Arbiter looks like he popped out of a snes game.

If you don't like those color palettes, I have a few NES games you should check out. Leading the list is Batman '89 with a purple batman, Super Mario Bros with a green and red mario, the original Castlevania with a purple head for dracula who turns into a really fat and ugly blue-eyes white dragon, and all the enemies in Bionic Commando that wear like maroon. Like really? Can you imagine playing a modern cod game and see enemies wearing maroon all the time?

A blue arbiter I can live with. In the right lighting he'd be blue anyways.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 10th 2015, 12:33 pm

Heatguts wrote:Arbiter looks like he popped out of a snes game.

If you don't like those color palettes, I have a few NES games you should check out. Leading the list is Batman '89 with a purple batman, Super Mario Bros with a green and red mario, the original Castlevania with a purple head for dracula who turns into a really fat and ugly blue-eyes white dragon, and all the enemies in Bionic Commando that wear like maroon. Like really? Can you imagine playing a modern cod game and see enemies wearing maroon all the time?

don't get me wrong, for an 8-bit stile it's amazing, but I just think that it's pointless, I like pixel painting but they don't need to have that wacky colour palette in this modern time
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 10th 2015, 6:09 pm

lolslayer wrote:

don't get me wrong, for an 8-bit stile it's amazing, but I just think that it's pointless, I like pixel painting but they don't need to have that wacky colour palette in this modern time

>8bit style amazing
>wacky colour palette

You know the colour palette represents the 8-bit style right? Considering 8 bit consoles / cartridges had a limited colour palette, the sprites look so sick.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 11th 2015, 10:09 am

Neesy wrote:
lolslayer wrote:

>8bit style amazing
>wacky colour palette

You know the colour palette represents the 8-bit style right? Considering 8 bit consoles / cartridges had a limited colour palette, the sprites look so sick.

I meant that they don't have to do it like 8-bit, I got some friends which made some pixel painting sprites for my fan made halo game once, and the colour palette looked amazing even with only like 32x40 pixels because it looked much more smooth

well, here is it what I meant:
Arby N' the chief  Master10

also, this one is made by my bro, I really like this one too:
Arby N' the chief  Spirit10
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 11th 2015, 11:18 am

Well 8bit is the style they went for, and it looks better to what you've presented.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 11th 2015, 1:53 pm

Neesy wrote:Well 8bit is the style they went for, and it looks better to what you've presented.

well, be glad that you offended the one Always changing her/his name in the Skype chat :P
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 11th 2015, 6:49 pm

lolslayer wrote:
Neesy wrote:Well 8bit is the style they went for, and it looks better to what you've presented.

well, be glad that you offended the one Always changing her/his name in the Skype chat :P

I don't know what this means
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts May 11th 2015, 7:27 pm

I'd like to put out here that it looks like a 16-bit sprite to me. I mean, I could be wrong on that, but if we're getting technical the NES with no expansions supports 4 colors to a sprite I believe and the MC definitely has more than 4 colors there. Arbiter looks like he does, but the visor on MC has two and there are at least two shades of green and then the black border makes five at least.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 11th 2015, 7:56 pm

Heatguts wrote:I'd like to put out here that it looks like a 16-bit sprite to me. I mean, I could be wrong on that, but if we're getting technical the NES with no expansions supports 4 colors to a sprite I believe and the MC definitely has more than 4 colors there. Arbiter looks like he does, but the visor on MC has two and there are at least two shades of green and then the black border makes five at least.

I think you're correct, looking at it again it looks more like 16-bit; it shares similarities with that of the Samus sprite from Super Metroid.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 May 11th 2015, 11:29 pm

Neesy wrote:
lolslayer wrote:

The artist behind the piece you gave your criticism to is now offended due to said criticism or distaste better yet.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy May 12th 2015, 6:07 am

General_101 wrote:
Neesy wrote:
lolslayer wrote:

The artist behind the piece you gave your criticism to is now offended due to said criticism or distaste better yet.

Alrighty then    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 13th 2015, 3:05 am

Neesy wrote:
General_101 wrote:
Neesy wrote:
lolslayer wrote:

Alrighty then    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

I meant the one in the testers Skype group which didn't have any sexe
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top