Attention veterans: your lord has returned!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Attention veterans: your lord has returned! Empty Attention veterans: your lord has returned!

Post by Lordpyromon March 16th 2015, 1:01 am

So let's cut to the chase, I've been following this project ever since it was known as Halo: Galaxy of Combat and I'm one of the few from the BVG forums that didn't immediately switch over to these forums. I'm still active on the old site but I decided it's time to give y'all young whippersnappers a history lesson and to hopefully get reaccquainted with some members from the old site. So does anyone mind giving me a quick rundown of whatever I may have missed since the name change? Also if there's a specific area of the forum for this kind of stuff that I overlooked then my apologies and feel free to correct that mistake.
Lordpyromon
Lordpyromon

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Attention veterans: your lord has returned! Empty Re: Attention veterans: your lord has returned!

Post by R93_Sniper March 16th 2015, 1:39 am

I could easily tell you a few things. I would, however, tell you to look at the global announcement as that would be your primary source of information. Next, here's a few other things.

1. While there are some remnant members from it, This game is not Galaxy of Combat.
2. Arrogance will get you nowhere, your self called lordship will need to sit amongst the peasants.
3. For future reference, there is a search function of the site and you can use it to look at various threads that exist here.
4. This Project is also not run by BVG, as they merged with us, not the other way around.
5. If you have any questions you can direct yourself to me or do a bit of research on the forums.
6. Seriously, arrogance will be your downfall

The rest, is on you
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Attention veterans: your lord has returned! Empty Re: Attention veterans: your lord has returned!

Post by Senjin March 16th 2015, 7:24 am

3. For future reference, there is a search function of the site and you can use it to look at various threads that exist here.
I wonder how empty the questions thread would be if newcomers knew about this helpful little tool...
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordpyromon March 16th 2015, 9:03 am

R93_Sniper wrote:I could easily tell you a few things. I would, however, tell you to look at the global announcement as that would be your primary source of information. Next, here's a few other things.

1. While there are some remnant members from it, This game is not Galaxy of Combat.
2. Arrogance will get you nowhere, your self called lordship will need to sit amongst the peasants.
4. This Project is also not run by BVG, as they merged with us, not the other way around.
5. If you have any questions you can direct yourself to me or do a bit of research on the forums.
6. Seriously, arrogance will be your downfall

The rest, is on you
@1. I sorta already supposed that but thank you for validating that for me.
@2. I'm sorry if I came off arrogant, it wasn't intended.
@3. Thanks for that, I'll keep that in mind in the future.
@4. I don't want my first impression to come off as disrespectful but I already knew that.
@5. Will do.
@6. Once again I'm very sorry if I ever come off as arrogant, I never try to come off as that and the name of the topic was meant to be a joke about my username.
Lordpyromon
Lordpyromon

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli March 16th 2015, 9:20 am

Senjin wrote:
I wonder how empty the questions thread would be if newcomers knew about this helpful little tool...

I don't know if its just me but my search tool can't find jack shit.

Spoiler:

This didn't find R93's post above.

Oh my god... This forum is starting to take over my mind, I never thought I could make fully off-topic post

EDIT: That, and I also put it to look for topic only. Lets try this again.

Spoiler:

Nope, still not working.

Last edited by Apsuli on March 16th 2015, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin March 16th 2015, 9:33 am

Well that's because you put R93, and the search engine is going to specifically look for "R93" rather anything that contains R93.
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy March 16th 2015, 11:44 am

Arrogance won't get you anywhere
unless you're R93
then it gets you 73 thumbs up and a warm feeling inside
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenkins March 16th 2015, 1:53 pm

Hey a BVG Vet - glad to see a familiar face. Welcome to the moshpit.
Jenkins
Jenkins

Thumbs Up : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh March 16th 2015, 3:56 pm

I'd only be impressed if we get people like Veex interested.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin March 16th 2015, 5:43 pm

Neesy wrote:Arrogance won't get you anywhere
unless you're R93
You know, for that you deserve to have a thumbs up. Thumbs are a rare commodity on these forums...
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordpyromon March 16th 2015, 6:37 pm

Senjin wrote:
Neesy wrote:Arrogance won't get you anywhere
unless you're R93
You know, for that you deserve to have a thumbs up. Thumbs are a rare commodity on these forums...
That must make simple tasks a real burdon.
Lordpyromon
Lordpyromon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ March 16th 2015, 7:36 pm

Apsuli, it's best if you just put in one search term in the search tool to get reliable results. If you're looking for a specific thread, try remembering an uncommon word you saw in it to narrow down your search.

That's what I do anyway
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind March 16th 2015, 7:50 pm

Came here looking for Satan, I see no Satan here :/ only disappointment.

I never use the search bar, it never works for me.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper March 16th 2015, 8:05 pm

I'm very happy at the way this thread ended up lol

@Apsuli i'll see how it works on my end and see if I get any other results
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing March 16th 2015, 8:59 pm

I found out that the search box searches for YOUR posts, not global. I forgot to post this before.
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper March 16th 2015, 11:52 pm

I'll get clark on fixing that
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordpyromon March 16th 2015, 11:54 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:

So about that history lesson I promised:

How do you explain this, sir?
Lordpyromon
Lordpyromon

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper March 17th 2015, 12:00 am

Ah yes, Mr. Kruse's rant. While there are points that he made that are true, many, many, MANY things have changed (and you'll get to see the extent of that VERY soon I hope) and in turn, a large portion of his points are nulled. Again I cant really say too much (Which sounds like a total bs "im covering my tracks" type deal but sadly that's unavoidable), but ideally within a short amount of time, the information that you wish to obtain so very much will be given to you.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lordpyromon March 17th 2015, 12:12 am

I hope that's true, otherwise you and I are not going to be too good of friends. I must tell you that I've been trustful of Noble since the early days of BVG and he's never steered me or anyone else wrong, you on the other hand I have not known long enough to trust. If you're lying then I'll be the first to know.

R93_Sniper wrote:Ah yes, Mr. Kruse's rant. While there are points that he made that are true, many, many, MANY things have changed (and you'll get to see the extent of that VERY soon I hope) and in turn, a large portion of his points are nulled. Again I cant really say too much (Which sounds like a total bs "im covering my tracks" type deal but sadly that's unavoidable), but ideally within a short amount of time, the information that you wish to obtain so very much will be given to you.
It just hit me that this sounds like something a Bond villain would say. I'm not saying this to be rude or to place any accusations but I can almost hear some scarfaced bald guy with a Russian accent saying something along the lines of "many things have changed since then Mr. Bond. Within a short amount of time the information you wish to obtain so very much will be given to you." I mean no disrespect but I just think it's a funny comparison.
Lordpyromon
Lordpyromon

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 March 17th 2015, 1:31 am

On one hand, Noble (who I knew from back on BVG) kinda sounds butthurt about being banned. But I also can't help shake the feeling that there was something bigger going on behind closed doors between the transition from GOC to PC. And what exactly does he mean by "who's really running the show"?

From what I've heard, GOC was getting a bunch of flak from the Halo Maps people, which was giving the GOC team a bad rep and made it hard for them to find more people to help work on the game. So GOC was "disbanded" and was then reformed as Contingency, with a new name to prevent flak from Halo Maps, and new devs interested in working on the game.

This is what happened in a nutshell, from my understanding.

Now that I think about it, it's been a while since I've been on BVG. Maybe I should check in...
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper March 17th 2015, 1:41 am

Lordpyromon wrote:I hope that's true, otherwise you and I are not going to be too good of friends. I must tell you that I've been trustful of Noble since the early days of BVG and he's never steered me or anyone else wrong, you on the other hand I have not known long enough to trust. If you're lying then I'll be the first to know.

R93_Sniper wrote:Ah yes, Mr. Kruse's rant. While there are points that he made that are true, many, many, MANY things have changed (and you'll get to see the extent of that VERY soon I hope) and in turn, a large portion of his points are nulled. Again I cant really say too much (Which sounds like a total bs "im covering my tracks" type deal but sadly that's unavoidable), but ideally within a short amount of time, the information that you wish to obtain so very much will be given to you.
It just hit me that this sounds like something a Bond villain would say. I'm not saying this to be rude or to place any accusations but I can almost hear some scarfaced bald guy with a Russian accent saying something along the lines of "many things have changed since then Mr. Bond. Within a short amount of time the information you wish to obtain so very much will be given to you." I mean no disrespect but I just think it's a funny comparison.

I have a funny way of talking it seems but no problems. Its only warranted that you wouldn't innately trust me. I wouldn't expect you to right off the bat anyhow (it'd actually be kind weird if you did). Due time will tell all stories, but for now we remain in the shadows
-disappears like the mist-

No seriously though, I don't actually expect you to trust me immediately by any means and at the same point the answer I gave could seem very dodgy. I cannot reveal information that I have not been given the go-ahead to do so, and as such I will not. Hope that answers any questions you may have

SilentGamer64 wrote:On one hand, Noble (who I knew from back on BVG) kinda sounds butthurt about being banned. But I also can't help shake the feeling that there was something bigger going on behind closed doors between the transition from GOC to PC. And what exactly does he mean by "who's really running the show"?

From what I've heard, GOC was getting a bunch of flak from the Halo Maps people, which was giving the GOC team a bad rep and made it hard for them to find more people to help work on the game. So GOC was "disbanded" and was then reformed as Contingency, with a new name to prevent flak from Halo Maps, and new devs interested in working on the game.

This is what happened in a nutshell, from my understanding.

Now that I think about it, it's been a while since I've been on BVG. Maybe I should check in...

Noble does sound very much butthurt about getting banned (to which I still have to question who the hell did it), but quite frankly I don't really care as much about it as I probably should. As for "who's really running the show", we do have organized leadership and the entire team (Except anybody who has been MIA) knows who's leading what. In avoidance of speaking too much, i'll cease my comments about that there.

I'm not 100% about what happened with GOC quite frankly. I do know that they were getting flak from various places and were unable to gain members to work on the project. I don't think GOC officially disbanded, but Contingency was made with similar goals to GOC and a handful of members from that team merged into Contingency's team for their own reasons. If I'm not mistaken, the BVG members were the ones who coordinated making the tech demo that was showcased in CE3 that one year, so there were a handful of throw ins from them. However, for those of you who have read the updates page, you'll see who is in the team (or who isn't, for that matter), so there should be little confusion as to who does what (for now). I've also had conversations with our leader and with the various BVG members that had joined the team, and unfortunately there's a lot of inconsistency between stories but there's a handful of overlap, so as such I've pretty much only given the overlap with some induction and actual knowledge of what's been going on.

That should be the brunt of it
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 March 17th 2015, 1:58 am

R93_Sniper wrote:

-snip-

That should be the brunt of it

Thanks for clearing up what you could.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind March 17th 2015, 3:18 pm

Why is the leader so shrouded in darkness? Why can't we know who the leader is? What reason is there for keeping their identity hidden? How did they get to be the leader? Did the leader work on GoC?

Halo Announcer Guy: Tied the leader
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper March 17th 2015, 9:18 pm

Upon his choice, not ours
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy March 18th 2015, 4:13 am

deadofmind wrote:Why is the leader so shrouded in darkness? Why can't we know who the leader is? What reason is there for keeping their identity hidden? How did they get to be the leader? Did the leader work on GoC?

Halo Announcer Guy: Tied the leader

why do you care?
why does it make a difference?
You know the leader of 343i but it makes no difference
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top