Made-From-Scratch Speed Photoshop

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Made-From-Scratch Speed Photoshop Empty Made-From-Scratch Speed Photoshop

Post by AFiscalPanda February 28th 2015, 9:36 pm

Got bored and wanted to make something spacey, wanted to see what I could make in ten minutes. I made everything from scratch using filters and layering, but I cheated when I had a few minutes left and found the Spirit of Fire out there on the web. The ship doesn't really seem to "belong" in the scene, anyone who could kind of show me how to blend it in? Made-From-Scratch Speed Photoshop Planet10
AFiscalPanda
AFiscalPanda

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Made-From-Scratch Speed Photoshop Empty Re: Made-From-Scratch Speed Photoshop

Post by Apsuli February 28th 2015, 10:38 pm

I take that this is photomanipulation.

First thing is that I don't really know what is the focus of this picture. My eyes are just kind of rolling around not knowing where does the picture want me to look at.

The star's light and the planet's shadow seem to be out of sync.

There is a spaceship that is moving towards nothingness, half of it is blurred out and there is weird sphere shaped light on top of it. It honestly doesn't seem to serve any purpose.

The blurring seems inconsistent.

If I had to give my opinion in one word it would definitely be confusing. Best advice I can give is probably to take a minute every now and then to look at the picture and ask "Does this make sense?".

You said that you did this in ten minutes. The rushiness is very visible in the picture and gives very unpolished feeling and I, personally, don't like it. I would prefer to see something that you spend time on. At least in painting what I consider to be normal paint is around 8+ hours and speedpaint is anything up to 4 hours. 10 minutes is just not enough no matter what you're doing.

I have this bad habbit of posting critique right before going to bed so my apologies if my writing is hard to understand.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by AFiscalPanda March 1st 2015, 12:18 am

Yes, photo-manipulation would actually be the term for this I suppose! The blur is a faux tilt-shift, the ship popped out immediately as faked and blurring it seemed to give it a depth that looked good to the eye; however, due to the positioning of the scene I couldn't quite make a good line between the objects in the foreground and the objects in the background. Doing things under a time limit always rushed creative ideas out of me, so I might turn this from a little experiment into a respectable little file. Thanks for the input.
AFiscalPanda
AFiscalPanda

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time March 1st 2015, 12:41 am

the scale is messed up man like you said it's the positioning that makes it unnatural :P
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing March 1st 2015, 8:42 pm

Lens flare, lens flare everywhere
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Clark March 2nd 2015, 2:51 pm

Make sure your lighting matches up. Also, make sure to make the foreground makes sense with the background. You can't have two colors like that clashing with each other. Colorful starry background doesn't work with gritty, metals. Try to create a set style for the background. I know it was done in ten minutes, and I'm not meaning to bash, just a fellow designer to another. It'll take time, but these things will start to become common sense if you stick to it. Pay attention to the world around you too. Look at the shadows being cast in your hallways and how the ceiling light reflects off the wood on the door. That goes back to my point about lighting. If you can make lighting good, the photo manipulation can be a world of difference just with that alone.

Here's my portfolio for reference (it's still under construction).
Clark
Clark
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top