Halo5 Sprint.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halo5 Sprint. Empty Halo5 Sprint.

Post by Neesy January 4th 2015, 9:11 am

Instead of sprint, why don't we just have the mechanic, similar to counter strike, when you've got a pistol equipped your movement increases to that of sprint-speed? This, in itself would balance sprint out as most guns outmatch the current Halo pistol.

Last edited by Neesy on January 4th 2015, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Halo5 Sprint. Empty Re: Halo5 Sprint.

Post by Jaing January 4th 2015, 9:28 am

Bro you're a fuckin Spartan, weapons ain't gonna slow you down. And we're not gonna have any kind of unbalanced mobility movement anyways.
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli January 4th 2015, 10:32 am

I think that atleast at the start this game should stay away from all kinds of unique mechanics. Isnt Project Contingency about bringing pure Halo experience back to pc?

Also, I don't see it being balanced at all. You have magnum which is already a great weapon especially at close range combat gain additional boost in mobility and strafing potential, and if two people were to use it it would be so nastily chaotic; no one would be able to hit each other and it would become CS where everyone just stands there scratching their balls until other one dies because thats only way to get consistent hits in.

Counter Strike is the package of a shooter that I hate and I hope that its influence will keep being minimal to other shooters as long as possible.

Mechanics that like are not meant for Halo.

Also like Jaing said, if you can wear armor weighing half a ton, no weapon is going to slow you down.

Last edited by Apsuli on January 6th 2015, 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 4th 2015, 10:54 am

Herp derp cannon argument herp derp
Halo 5 pistol is terrible. Practically all guns outmatch it.

Last edited by Neesy on January 4th 2015, 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli January 4th 2015, 11:27 am

Havent plaid Halo 5 beta, not like I know. The clips I have seen it seems to have plaid just fine, and we should not expect there to be too much Halo 5 inspired mechanics in Project Contingency, like useless magnums.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 4th 2015, 1:44 pm

This whole thread doesn't involve PC friendo.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 4th 2015, 2:14 pm

If the magnum is useless, then Halo 5 will suck.

And anyways what you are suggesting is just a buff to sprint. I mean, sure, you can only use it if you have a pistol, but the conceptual balance of sprint is sacrificing the ability to fire your weapon for increased mobility. Now you can fire your weapon, crappy as it is assumed to be, and like the banana man stated, with the extra mobility you gain, the gun will become more useful and you will be able to hold your own. If the magnum is a decent weapon like it should be, then nobody will use any weapon except the pistol because you can easily overwhelm people with your lightspeed strafing.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 4th 2015, 2:56 pm

Heatguts wrote:If the magnum is useless, then Halo 5 will suck.

And anyways what you are suggesting is just a buff to sprint. I mean, sure, you can only use it if you have a pistol, but the conceptual balance of sprint is sacrificing the ability to fire your weapon for increased mobility. Now you can fire your weapon, crappy as it is assumed to be, and like the banana man stated, with the extra mobility you gain, the gun will become more useful and you will be able to hold your own. If the magnum is a decent weapon like it should be, then nobody will use any weapon except the pistol because you can easily overwhelm people with your lightspeed strafing.

You could easily make it so that the buff only works when going forward / forward-related directions and not backwards / side strafes. I belive the pistol in H5 is a 5 or 6 shot kill.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 5th 2015, 9:27 am

So then you could easily use the pistol for a double-melee kill. Weren't you in support of BXB?
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 5th 2015, 12:16 pm

Heatguts wrote:So then you could easily use the pistol for a double-melee kill. Weren't you in support of BXB?
You're implying you wouldn't be able to do it with stock sprint.
I want BxR and Quad shotting back.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free January 5th 2015, 1:59 pm

What?
I dis mortal combat?
I think this is halo or am i mistaken?
And neesy why want to have that in halo when u already have CS GO XD
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 5th 2015, 2:33 pm

mmorpg4free wrote:What?
I dis mortal combat?
I think this is halo or am i mistaken?
And neesy why want to have that in halo when u already have CS GO XD

I think, from now on, you should refrain from posting in any thread that involves an intellectual discussion.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind January 6th 2015, 2:48 am

No weapon should have a movement speed bonus due to the previous stated reason that Spartans are Spartans.

Also what is wrong with the sprint in Halo 5?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 6th 2015, 4:08 am

deadofmind wrote:No weapon should have a movement speed bonus due to the previous stated reason that Spartans are Spartans.

Also what is wrong with the sprint in Halo 5?

Oh look, another cannon argument.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli January 6th 2015, 4:43 am

What is wrong with canon arguments? Also, excuse me for misunderstanding the reason of discussion for this thread. The part "why dont we have" made me think that this discussed possibility of mechanic like this in project contingency, but now when I'm in bit sharper mood I can read the title correctly and see that this is not in "General discussion" part of the forum. :,D
Apsuli
Apsuli

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 6th 2015, 12:43 pm

Because just because a shit story-related reason gives it meaning, doesn't mean that it produces a positive player experience. We should have 20ft jumping in H5 'becuz spartenzzz'
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 6th 2015, 1:21 pm

That wouldn't be a bad idea, you'd just have to scale everything up. I think a better example for your point would be "We should have spartans running around at 60 kmph."
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli January 6th 2015, 2:17 pm

'kkay so:

1. Magnum would quickly become overpowered unless the speed boost was nerfed to a level it was barely visible
2. Shoulder charge should pretty much be deleted altogether
3. More nostalgia blinded Apsulis crying about new never before (in Halo) seen mechanics changing the core feeling
4. If the sprint was at all worth using then nobody would want to get rid of their magnum for something else no matter how amazing powerweapon we would be talking about
Spoiler:

I just don't see the appeal of such addition. What people have asked for is to even further nerf the sprint. I haven't seen anyone saying "Man I sure would like the ability to regenerate shields and shoot while sprinting". No sprint is good, sprint is decent, this is bad.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Back to top Go down

Post by ozon January 8th 2015, 12:30 pm

I'm not sure why 343i fails to realize that the addition of "abilities" and the like has thoroughly ruined the Halo franchise for a myriad of players. Halo 3 was number two on Xbox Live three days before Reach came out - Reach had a decent population (laughable compared to H3) and H4 absolutely failed. I have no explanation for the rapid decrease in population size other than a) Halo 3 being magnificently balanced and fun or b) the rise of CoD. Then again, Halo 3 still posted impressive numbers while Modern Warfare 2 was number one on the XBL multiplayer population list.

As of right now, H5 plays like some very odd combination of Titanfall and something vaguely resembling Halo. I don't enjoy it at all, and the very stark chance of anything changing makes me believe I won't be picking up an Xbox One. Which is a shame, considering I enjoy the franchise immensely.
ozon
ozon

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Lusitanian117 January 8th 2015, 7:15 pm

The main problem with Halo 5 is that it's impossible to please everyone. Some people see de differences and say that the game had to evolve, on the other hand some want to stick to the roots... Most of all, I think it's hard for 343i to overcome gamers prejudice because Bungie is "Halo" and they have a long way ahead to change that.
Meanwhile, I just want some Project Contingency and nothing more... at least regarding to Halo.
Lusitanian117
Lusitanian117

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 9th 2015, 12:02 pm

I've seen a lot of people who claim that if 343 doesn't change halo, it doesn't warrant the releasing of a new game, like cod does. Then you have the people, who seem to show up a lot in this community, that think there isn't a change 343 can make that is significant enough for the former players that still retains the core Halo experience.

Maybe 343 should just drop MC and go off on some other stories like ODST and Halo Wars did, shake up the formula and add to the universe, radically changing the gameplay to more properly fit each title, while keeping Halo 3's multiplayer mode like ODST did, updated to run better with each new release, and with more maps being added featuring new weapons from each specific game, with no canon rhyme or reason but the multiplayer in general has no canon rhyme or reason so it would be ok.

Of course that won't happen. 343's going to keep trying for the perfect fps that topples even Halo 3 but they will always fall short like none of the later TLoZ entries stand up to the open world in the first one. Some people prefer those games and some people say ocarina of time is the best LoZ, and Nintendo faces a similiar dilemma with their franchise, with people wanting the advanced combat and storytelling over the world and others wanting the maximum exploration and cluelessness provided by the first. However, Nintendo is trying to combine both features in their Wii U zelda game, while 343 is just throwing new things in to Halo hoping that they will be able to topple Halo 3 with a better Halo game. They could go the reach anniversary map pack route (which was a stellar decision)
If you don't know what they did with the anniversary map pack.:
and split everything into two different multiplayer gametypes for every normal one, one with new features and one without, and make every individual change from Halo 3 reversible within custom games, so you could have the Halo 3 experience and any and all additions to it that people think improves the game.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy January 9th 2015, 1:04 pm

You could easily make it so that your shields don't recharge whilst moving with the magnum... It'd add an interesting mechanic as people have to balance maneuverability with power weapons; you could make the speed boost 110-118% so it isn't too fast and only whilst walking in a forward direction. Balancing maneuverability with power weapons would also add an element of balancing map control with slaying power.

~Counter Strike is only frustrating if you're bad at it :)~

In the end, Halo is only now viable as a casual arena shooter; I'm pretty much done with the franchise and see no reason to compete in it anymore.  
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli January 9th 2015, 3:08 pm

At this point its starting to get too much down to opinions. You fail to convince me that your ideal mechanic would be good addition to the game and I fail to convince you that what you want to do is in many people's eyes gamebreaking.

I like old simple movement mechanics and I don't think they need to be changed in the absolute slightest bit. I love my magnum and I dont want to switch my weapon every time I want to walk normally or regenerate.

Also, are you telling me that because I have different taste in video games I automatically hold inferior ability to play the things, because that would be completely idiotic statement in so many ways. I do need to agree that I'm not good at CS:GO with my super sexy 0.6 KD, but it isn't what frustrates me. What frustrates me that the game doesn't at all motivate me to get better because I find it so boring that I'd rather skip it alltogether and go play games that I'm actually having fun with.
I do think that CS:S is actually pretty decent, but fail to see anything appealing in CS:GO with its horrible netcoding and unbalanced weapons.

Do you even want Halo game? This is starting to sound like scifi CS:GO for me.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing January 9th 2015, 6:24 pm

Quick real off-topic post here, just wanted to add on to what Apsuli said after playing some CS:GO.

It's actually called Dust II: Global Dustfensive, where if you aren't top fragger you're a noob and if you're top fragger you're and xXMlGXx h4x0r. And if you don't have the most expensive skins you're automatically a loser
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 9th 2015, 7:13 pm

Yeah lol next counterstrike 100% dust II reskins
don't forget the killstreaks tho

Counterstrike mechanics though don't belong in Halo. Counterstrike strikes me as highly tactical and the gunplay is pure twitch movement. Halo is less tactical although still more tactical than CoD and the gunplay is about maintaining accuracy rather than having it for a split second.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top