Halo 5 guardians beta

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halo 5 guardians beta Empty Halo 5 guardians beta

Post by grunt gunner00 December 20th 2014, 12:19 pm

I got a message from Xbox live giving me early access to the halo 5 beta. It's for all preview members on Xbox one. Has anyone else gotten the beta early?
grunt gunner00
grunt gunner00

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Halo 5 guardians beta Empty Re: Halo 5 guardians beta

Post by Mootjuh December 20th 2014, 2:30 pm

Its probz part of the "We're sorry" gifts thanks to the MCC bugs. I'm more interested about the Vidoc than about the beta itself though.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by grunt gunner00 December 20th 2014, 2:45 pm

You don't need mcc for the early beta. Also speaking of mcc for all who played it before the 19th you will get a new remade map for halo 2A and a Halo 3 ODST port for Xbox one for free when it releases. If you have not then I guess it will be DLC.
grunt gunner00
grunt gunner00

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 December 20th 2014, 11:10 pm

And Halo Wars slowly drifts into the dark void. Never again to see light from the people it once called its audience.
RIP in peace halo warz
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 20th 2014, 11:16 pm

lol out loud
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by grunt gunner00 December 20th 2014, 11:40 pm

General_101 wrote:And Halo Wars slowly drifts into the dark void. Never again to see light from the people it once called its audience.
RIP in peace halo warz
And I really like halo wars :'(
grunt gunner00
grunt gunner00

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 December 20th 2014, 11:48 pm

grunt gunner00 wrote:
General_101 wrote:And Halo Wars slowly drifts into the dark void. Never again to see light from the people it once called its audience.
RIP in peace halo warz
Same here. I never understood why people didn't like it as much as other Halo games. I thought it was a nice turn for the series. Would be much better on a PC though.
Plz MS halo warz port
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by grunt gunner00 December 21st 2014, 1:08 am

If odst is going to Xbox one then why not wars or reach I wonder. *cough* paid DLC *cough*
grunt gunner00
grunt gunner00

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 December 21st 2014, 1:11 am

I'm happy ODST is coming to the MCC, but I'd rather not have anything else. No offense to the Halo Wars people, but the game is a completely different genre and wouldn't really fit in with the other games. Multiplayer would also be awkward to include if they implemented it.

As for Reach, I really don't see any reason to include it at this point other than the fact it's campaign connects to CE. Forge World is pretty much obsolete now that we have H2A forge, ODST's firefight is superior, and MM...well...you know...it was a hit or miss.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper December 21st 2014, 1:49 am

Halo 4s MM was an even harsher hit or miss than reach's. Halo 4's forge island was obselete to h2a forge too, wanna remove all previous forges now? Reach had customizable firefight, something odst lacked and you could easily edit the settings to behave more like odst regardless

Your points are hella moot
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh December 21st 2014, 1:53 am

INb4 HWars PC releass
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing December 21st 2014, 10:00 am

I find it unfair that a skilled player like myself is not granted access to this beta.
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by grunt gunner00 December 21st 2014, 10:39 am

Jaing wrote:I find it unfair that a skilled player like myself is not granted access to this beta.
The early beta is for preview members only
grunt gunner00
grunt gunner00

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin December 21st 2014, 2:29 pm

General_101 wrote:
grunt gunner00 wrote:
RIP in peace halo warz
Same here. I never understood why people didn't like it as much as other Halo games. I thought it was a nice turn for the series. Would be much better on a PC though.
Plz MS halo warz port
Meh, H:W was kewl, but it was pretty restricted for an RTS since it was limited by gamepad restrictions. I don't see too much point in putting it on PC with the more fleshed out RTS games out there.
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 December 21st 2014, 2:36 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:Halo 4s MM was an even harsher hit or miss than reach's. Halo 4's forge island was obselete to h2a forge too, wanna remove all previous forges now? Reach had customizable firefight, something odst lacked and you could easily edit the settings to behave more like odst regardless

Reach was THE hit or miss that led to Halo 4 being more of a miss. Halo 4 continued down the path that Reach had set. And now I'm looking at Halo 5 thinking: "What the hell happened to Halo?" It took us three games to get to the top, and three more to drop down to the bottom of the barrel. Halo 4 was bad, but don't pretend like Reach didn't influence it.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 December 21st 2014, 3:38 pm

Senjin wrote:
General_101 wrote:
grunt gunner00 wrote:
RIP in peace halo warz
Plz MS halo warz port
Meh, H:W was kewl, but it was pretty restricted for an RTS since it was limited by gamepad restrictions. I don't see too much point in putting it on PC with the more fleshed out RTS games out there.
I mostly want it on a PC due to it being a RTS in the first place. It would be a lot better and if they allow community content it could be a blast. The fact that there are "better" games out there is irrelevant. Since it has Halo slapped on and the Halo well on PC is dry it will sell. Just look at Spartan Assault. Shitty mobile port but it still sold ok on the PC.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper December 21st 2014, 6:32 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:
R93_Sniper wrote:Halo 4s MM was an even harsher hit or miss than reach's. Halo 4's forge island was obselete to h2a forge too, wanna remove all previous forges now? Reach had customizable firefight, something odst lacked and you could easily edit the settings to behave more like odst regardless

Reach was THE hit or miss that led to Halo 4 being more of a miss. Halo 4 continued down the path that Reach had set. And now I'm looking at Halo 5 thinking: "What the hell happened to Halo?" It took us three games to get to the top, and three more to drop down to the bottom of the barrel. Halo 4 was bad, but don't pretend like Reach didn't influence it.

its irrelevant if halo reach influenced it or not, 4 could have learned from its mistakes but chose not to. That's a fault of the game, not its predecessor
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind December 24th 2014, 11:05 am

Has anyone played or watched the Halo 5: Guardians gameplay/streams at all?

What do you think of the mobility features, ground pound, shoulder charge, and such?

Do you think this is detrimental to Halo gameplay or do you think it fits in?

I didn't think that I would like it, but I kind of wish I had an Xbox One so I could play it :(

The climb ability is also a really nice addition.

DEVS: Have any of the features implemented in Halo 5 intrigued you? Has anyone brought up adding anything they've seen in Halo 5 yet? The only one I would like is the climb, I hate it when I misjudge a distance and end up missing my jump ^_^
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by grunt gunner00 December 24th 2014, 12:27 pm

I played the beta and the shoulder charge is helpful to disorient enemies and the ground pound is great to take out shields from enemies who are grouped together but all abilities have a down side to even out the field.
As for if they are needed no but the clamber and boost abilities are very very useful.
The abilities take a bit to get used to but if you can chain all of them together you can even out the playing field even when ambushed.
grunt gunner00
grunt gunner00

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 24th 2014, 2:37 pm

I feel like the ledge grab eliminates the need to know how far you can jump. I like running around in H3 and Reach trying to time jumps perfectly so I can spring seemingly "impossible" jumps to other places.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by grunt gunner00 December 29th 2014, 11:47 am

Halo 5 beta is back! yes!
grunt gunner00
grunt gunner00

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory January 4th 2015, 1:21 am

I've played it a bit and I've taken some things from it. The clambering thing makes sense and is quite nice however I could see problems with places that could either be defined as edges or slopes. (A known problem to most Battlefield players.) But if a Spartan ground-pounded that hard they would probably kill themselves. The smart-link with the assault rifle and pistol is a very good idea albeit hard to pull off well.
FLINCH IS BAD AND MUST BE ERADICATED. OH GOD THE HORROR OF FLINCH.
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Thumbs Up : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper January 4th 2015, 2:53 am

Flinch is good and has always been in halo sans halo 4.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory January 4th 2015, 3:36 am

*Throws self into molten brimstone.
1.Years of training.
2. Energy shields.
3. (For shooting) Their suits have systems specifically designed to counteract recoil.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3hWbbviY3U
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Thumbs Up : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusa 'Aezotee January 4th 2015, 4:04 am

Doesn't mean they will be completely unaffected by the force of a bullet hitting them.

I really don't care about flinch either way though. I just don't like the extremely quick kill-times with everything, and the matchmaking issues that the beta as well as MCC are having. As long as I can keep going back to my 360...
Kusa 'Aezotee
Kusa 'Aezotee

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top