Halo 2 PC... lost cause

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Halo 2 PC... lost cause Empty Halo 2 PC... lost cause

Post by RCSRex August 15th 2014, 10:25 pm

Alright, so I recently got Halo 2 on my PC. All is well when I notice the main menu start to stutter. "Eh, it will go away after a while." Go to the campaign, load a map.. and it freezes at the loading menu. Repeat this 3 times and then I google why it keeps freezing for me. It's apparently because I am getting such a high frame rate that my monitor can't handle (my monitor is 60Hz), resulting in screen tearing.  Okay! I'll turn on V-Sync! So I go to the games settings.. and V-Sync doesn't exist in the settings. Great. Hmm... I could try using RadeonPro to force it to V-Sync. Yeah, lets do that. Aaannnd.... Hey I got in the map! Lets look arou---*the game freezes when I look around*. Okay... I'll cap the FPS to 60! So I do that and see a little fps counter in the top right. I get like 15 in the menu  and there is still some stuttering here and there... Load the map... Im in... and once again, when I move, my FPS explodes so badly that there are numbers over other numbers in the fps counter. So I'm a lost cause. Anyone have any way I can fix this?

Before you ask

Yes, my computer can run it perfectly. That's why my FPS is too damn high.
Yes, I've re installed it.
No, I don't have viruses.
No, I will not re install my OS.
I used Bandicam to lock my FPS.
My specs are http://puu.sh/aUnsK/a10c584ebc.png
Yes, I've tried Windowed/Full Screen @ 60Hz

It's almost exactly like this. (I cant even move an a couple of feet without stuttering/freezing) I can hear the game still run too, so the game is still running, and not frozen
RCSRex
RCSRex

Thumbs Up : 11

Back to top Go down

Halo 2 PC... lost cause Empty Re: Halo 2 PC... lost cause

Post by ax2themax August 15th 2014, 11:28 pm

uhh, test your compatibility(run it for windows whatever(something like this happened for me))
hope this helps
P.S. don't play halo 2 pc, problem solved
ax2themax
ax2themax

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by RCSRex August 15th 2014, 11:34 pm

ax2themax wrote:uhh, test your compatibility(run it for windows whatever(something like this happened for me))
hope this helps
P.S. don't play halo 2 pc, problem solved

Yes, I've tried Vista/XP. Refuses to run on XP mode for obvious reasons.

and i can't help iiiiitttttt
RCSRex
RCSRex

Back to top Go down

Post by camycamera August 15th 2014, 11:35 pm

i can't believe they released this port, it is just as bad as Dark Souls. add that on top of it being a vista exclusive, no wonder nobody plays it anymore. and Halo 1's port was so good....

i actually can play it, but without vsync on the mouse aim controls like a rock. and even with that fixed, the field of view is so low it is sickening, and i can't seem to find any trainers that fix the problems.

oh well, i'll wait for the MCC to come to PC then.
camycamera
camycamera

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts August 15th 2014, 11:54 pm

Look who it is! It's camycamera! Where you been man?

Don't be like legal and never come back.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by camycamera August 16th 2014, 12:03 am

i've just been lurking the forums, i've never had the incentive to post anything though until now, because nothing much has been happening around here in terms of Contingency news.
camycamera
camycamera

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin August 16th 2014, 3:25 am

Urban legends tell of the "lurkers."
Most are newbies but there are the elusive "2013 lurkers."
They are watching... always...

And topic.
Have you ever decided to purposely overload your pc with many unnecessary programs? Try installing a couple games in the background with all that extra power. Run some intensive program or multiple instances of the same game. Idk, get like ten copies of a minecraft server exe and run them all. It's something silent and not so intensive that you can find an optimal quantity.
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing August 16th 2014, 5:19 am

How to solve your problem:

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=5251
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 August 16th 2014, 6:27 am

I have Halo 2 Vista and I'm the exact opposite of you. I'm running some extra options in my CCC to enhance the quality of the game. What driver version are you running? If you want to fix the game i'll list some things that I assume you haven't done.
1. Uninstall RadeonPro and uninstall all your AMD/ATI related drivers and install the latest which I believe is 14.4. Use auto detect and install program provided by AMD to confirm which driver you need easily.
I have had my fair share of problems using RadeonPro on certain games and it may be that Halo 2 doesn't like the program too much.
2. Install the latest beta drivers provided by AMD if that doesn't work which is 14.7 at the moment.
3. Use the CCC panel instead of RadeonPro for V-sync.
This is all assuming you know your way with a mouse and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty. If it doesn't work well then I don't know what to tell ya. If it does extra information is always good! Here is a wiki that will help with some other issues you may encounter.
http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Halo_2
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by RCSRex August 16th 2014, 3:25 pm

General_101 wrote:I have Halo 2 Vista and I'm the exact opposite of you. I'm running some extra options in my CCC to enhance the quality of the game. What driver version are you running? If you want to fix the game i'll list some things that I assume you haven't done.
1. Uninstall RadeonPro and uninstall all your AMD/ATI related drivers and install the latest which I believe is 14.4. Use auto detect and install program provided by AMD to confirm which driver you need easily.
I have had my fair share of problems using RadeonPro on certain games and it may be that Halo 2 doesn't like the program too much.
2. Install the latest beta drivers provided by AMD if that doesn't work which is 14.7 at the moment.
This is all assuming you know your way with a mouse and aren't afraid to get your hands dirty. If it doesn't work well then I don't know what to tell ya. If it does extra information is always good! Here is a wiki that will help with some other issues you may encounter.

Oohhh myyy gooodd I finally found v-sync in ccc. So yeah, I updated it and enabled vsync and triple buffering to be always on. I'm sooooo happy to report that it doesn't work still and will still stutter off when someone moves.
RCSRex
RCSRex

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 August 16th 2014, 6:17 pm

RCSRex wrote:
General_101 wrote:I have Halo 2 Vista and I'm the exact opposite of you. I'm running some extra options in my CCC to enhance the quality of the game. What driver version are you running? If you want to fix the game i'll list some things that I assume you haven't done.

Oohhh myyy gooodd I finally found v-sync in ccc. So yeah, I updated it and enabled vsync and triple buffering to be always on. I'm sooooo happy to report that it doesn't work still and will still stutter off when someone moves.
You used system setting or created a profile for it? You certain that it's all done correctly?
Edit: If that doesn't work maybe try a FPS limiter? Here is something on it.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1820131
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by RCSRex August 16th 2014, 7:23 pm

General_101 wrote:
RCSRex wrote:

You used system setting or created a profile for it? You certain that it's all done correctly?
Edit: If that doesn't work maybe try a FPS limiter? Here is something on it.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1820131

Alright, I can play for like a good minute now and then it freezes. PROGRESS
RCSRex
RCSRex

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusa 'Aezotee August 16th 2014, 11:04 pm

RCSRex wrote:Alright, I can play for like a good minute now and then it freezes. PROGRESS
Speed-run time.
Kusa 'Aezotee
Kusa 'Aezotee

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 17th 2014, 2:10 pm

I had this SAME problem just a bit worse

all I did was uninstall and Backtrace a few NVIDIA drivers and it worked...
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by camycamera August 19th 2014, 1:08 am

yay, i actually got it working for me properly. i fixed the mouse lag and FOV options, and there is an active online community, it's loads of fun.

but, without those fixes that took me a while to find and put into practice, it is still a terrible port.
camycamera
camycamera

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 19th 2014, 1:11 am

camycamera wrote:yay, i actually got it working for me properly. i fixed the mouse lag and FOV options, and there is an active online community, it's loads of fun.

but, without those fixes that took me a while to find and put into practice, it is still a terrible port.

WUT? how did you join the online servers I get kicked every 15 seconds into a match and then I cant join another match unless I restart the game :(
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by camycamera August 19th 2014, 1:15 am

RockMetal&Time wrote:
camycamera wrote:yay, i actually got it working for me properly. i fixed the mouse lag and FOV options, and there is an active online community, it's loads of fun.

WUT? how did you join the online servers I get kicked every 15 seconds into a match and then I cant join another match unless I restart the game :(

i don't have that problem. maybe you are joining servers where they kick you if you have high ping or are full, other than that idk.
camycamera
camycamera

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time August 19th 2014, 1:32 am

camycamera wrote:
RockMetal&Time wrote:

i don't have that problem. maybe you are joining servers where they kick you if you have high ping or are full, other than that idk.

Weird I'll try tommorow maybe it was a temporary error

I hope....
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top