Devs on a podcast?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Devs on a podcast? Empty Devs on a podcast?

Post by R93_Sniper August 13th 2016, 7:00 pm

Our Art Director and 2D Art Lead, Lavadeeto, will be appearing on the Gamer Stand Podcast at 7PM Central Time today! Come drop by the show!
http://thegamerstand.podbean.com
https://www.twitch.tv/gamerstandpodcast/
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Devs on a podcast? Empty Re: Devs on a podcast?

Post by Deadmeat August 15th 2016, 4:38 am

Tried to watch. but could not get a single playthrough, cast would freeze  time after time, and resttaring was a real pain with only 2x playback to try to get back to the fail point. Sadly saw nothing of Project Contingency, except for your chat comment R93 'hi there' and Lee's shout out to the devs. shame. Maybe I can catch the podcast on Itunes then.
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen August 15th 2016, 6:10 am

I watched it last night, though I forgot I was on prepaid usb (RIP wallet)

The concept of Clan Ranks side by side with actual rank is intriguing.
Also yay for old style customisation options! I like my shoulders being different.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by midnightspro August 15th 2016, 6:30 am

So 3 different ranks? Clan rank, EXP rank, and competitive rank? So wondering how clan ranks would work but I'm guessing the EXP ranking system is like Reach and the competitive ranking system 1-50? Also would your competitive rank be different per playlist like Halo 2 or 3?
midnightspro
midnightspro

Thumbs Up : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper August 15th 2016, 3:48 pm

For those of you who missed it, the stream can be watched here

midnightspro wrote:So 3 different ranks? Clan rank, EXP rank, and competitive rank? So wondering how clan ranks would work but I'm guessing the EXP ranking system is like Reach and the competitive ranking system 1-50? Also would your competitive rank be different per playlist like Halo 2 or 3?

Two Ranks, XP and Clan Rank. This entire system is still conceptual at best, so big disclaimer in saying that none of this is confirmed. Basically the way we see it working is like this
- XP Rank increases based on how much you play in non-custom gamemodes
- Clan Rank increases based on how much you play with your clanmates in non-custom gamemodes
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ax2themax August 30th 2016, 8:37 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:Two Ranks, XP and Clan Rank. This entire system is still conceptual at best, so big disclaimer in saying that none of this is confirmed. Basically the way we see it working is like this
- Clan Rank increases based on how much you play with your clanmates in non-custom gamemodes
Very nice, this seems like it will be great(also, can we start Clans now?)
ax2themax
ax2themax

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper August 31st 2016, 1:39 am

No.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind August 31st 2016, 2:13 am

There doesn't happen to be a youtube of this does there? It doesn't appear to be there anymore and I missed it since my pc was messed for the better part of a month D:

Nevermind, I went to the Twitch one instead of the website. Verry cool stuff xD I was just sitting there imagining what shit looks like from the descriptions assuming it's completely new stuff we haven't seen yet.

Speaking of which, what happened to the new website? Is it still being worked on? Is it the forumotion one or the .net one? I ask because I can't seem to look at the gallery anymore O_o
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper August 31st 2016, 6:44 pm

www.project-contingency.com is our website, we're just using forumotion for our forums until we can sort out the new site to have our own forum in some form or another.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind September 1st 2016, 12:55 am

Alright, how is it going by the way? Can't wait for more updates, hopefully they come more often (no pressure) with how quickly it appears UE4 dev is.

I downloaded UE4 just to see what it's all about :3 I'm checking out how to do some stuff with Blueprints lol, pretty fun stuff so far ^_^
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 4th 2016, 10:22 am

R93_Sniper wrote:For those of you who missed it, the stream can be watched here

midnightspro wrote:So 3 different ranks? Clan rank, EXP rank, and competitive rank? So wondering how clan ranks would work but I'm guessing the EXP ranking system is like Reach and the competitive ranking system 1-50? Also would your competitive rank be different per playlist like Halo 2 or 3?

Two Ranks, XP and Clan Rank. This entire system is still conceptual at best, so big disclaimer in saying that none of this is confirmed. Basically the way we see it working is like this

Will there be an option to reset your accumulated xp?
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper September 4th 2016, 5:18 pm

That's the same as basically tying to smurf, that's pretty dumb.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 4th 2016, 7:42 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:That's the same as basically tying to smurf, that's pretty dumb.

Or if you learn from prior games and have skill-matching linked to hidden ELO value(s) rather than xp...
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper September 5th 2016, 3:35 am

I would imagine that, assuming a fully functioning matchmaking system is set up, we'd be working based off of recent skill rather than XP regardless. Given that system isn't set up nor is the decision making on how we'll be doing it, but it's definitely there.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 9th 2016, 11:01 am

R93_Sniper wrote:I would imagine that, assuming a fully functioning matchmaking system is set up, we'd be working based off of recent skill rather than XP regardless. Given that system isn't set up nor is the decision making on how we'll be doing it, but it's definitely there.

Then I don't understand the smurf rhetoric
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper September 9th 2016, 4:57 pm

A lot of these sort of statements I make are based off of the thoughts I have about how things should function as opposed to what we've internally established (or the lack thereof). Usually those kinds of statements are me sort of "thinking aloud" while looking at what people are saying, and half the time coming up with ideas as I go.

A lot of that line of discussion comes down to an slew of assumptions, since that sort of thing isn't set up at this point in time. We could allow it, we could not, it all really depends on how the team as a whole perceives the systems that need to be made.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 9th 2016, 6:40 pm

We could allow it, we could not, it all really depends on how the team as a whole perceives the systems that need to be made.

Devs on a podcast? 13346410
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum