At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 10 Empty Re: At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Post by lolslayer July 28th 2015, 7:03 am

Heatguts wrote:
lolslayer wrote:
Neesy wrote:
It's called in-engine

Not in my world ;)
Time for a new engine

I am actually thinking of it, I downloaded unity 3d so I would probably try to get known to that, but game maker is still my golden choice ;)
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 10 Empty Re: At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13]

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 28th 2015, 7:49 am

This is a FPS right? A friend of mine who used to work with 343 Industries (he came up with their version of the Flood gametype, along with the designs for the Engineer, Venator, Fotus, Prefect, and War Master armors. He even came up with the Fist of the Unicorn easter egg in Halo: CE Anniversary.) He suggested that I use the upgraded Frostbite engine from Battlefield: Hardline, that is if I could use the servers if I find out a way to do that.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy July 28th 2015, 10:43 am

You sure are connected, phoenix.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 28th 2015, 1:39 pm

Neesy wrote:You sure are connected, phoenix.

Im sure it is just luck, the chances of me bumping into an employee of 343 in Nebraska are probably very slim. Well, an ex-employee now. He decided to quit in order to follow his own career.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer October 29th 2015, 5:36 am

Hey everybody, I'm back, after 3 months...

I know that I fucked up before my ban, that's why I'll only stay in the ADE thread so there is less chance of screwing it up again ;)

I know that I can't get back with empty hands, after 3 months I would definitely have done something on ADE right?

Well yeah, but not much, school is really taking a huge chunck out of my life atm, forcing me to work on my homework till 11 'o clock, and when I'm finished with it, I'm too tired to work on games

BUT, there IS news!

After thinking about it for a long time and talking with multiple people about the idea, I decided to start all over (again, lol, hopefully the last time), and I would make a puzzle game out of it.

Why a puzzle game?

Well, the idea of a puzzle game in a forerunner structure was haunting me while working on ADE, and you should agree, it is way more interesting to have a puzzle halo game then another regular shooter like so many others are trying to do (contingency, mia, glassed, I01), so a new genre would make it a bit more fresh

I finished the model geometry for the map in the first demo, I only need to texture it before I can work on the gameplay (Note, I can't promise that there will be a demo in the near future, I got so many more projects then ADE, and even though I got holiday atm, most of my time is spent on homework or friends)

But here is a render from the untextured map, so I can at least show something:

At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 10 Ade_pu10

Well, hopefully I'll see you guys soon with more information about the game :)

Just ask me what I've in plan for the game, I worked some points of the game pretty much out, but the idea isn't finished yet

P.S. I know that the picture is blurry, somehow I just couldn't upload my HD version of the render :/
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts October 29th 2015, 8:35 am

lolslayer wrote:Just ask me what I've in plan for the game, I worked some points of the game pretty much out, but the idea isn't finished yet
What you've in plan for the game?

Nice to see you back btw.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer October 29th 2015, 10:15 am

Heatguts wrote:
lolslayer wrote:Just ask me what I've in plan for the game, I worked some points of the game pretty much out, but the idea isn't finished yet
What you've in plan for the game?

Nice to see you back btw.

Thx :')

The idea so far is (warning spoilers), you are a marine, stranded with your squad on the halo of halo ce (just after you got evacuated from the pillar of autumn), your squad calls in a pelican, the only problem is that he can't see them without daylight and it is already getting dark, so your squad goes to rest and the main character needs to do the first wake

At one moment in his wake, he saw a glimpse of light near a rock, when the main character goes to the place to investigate it, he finds out that the light comes from a hole in the ground which leads to a cave, when further investigating it, the rocks crumble beneath him and he falls in the pit. He is too far away for the squad so they can't hear his cries for help. He must escape before the pelican arrives or he'll be doomed to die of hunger or thirst. (The cave is seen in the render)

While you travel through the cave, the main character will stumble upon a forerunner structure which is connected to the cave. After travelling to the end of the forerunner tunnel and solving a couple of puzzles, you'll find an elevator, and at the top of the shaft you can see a dim light of the outside world.

When the main character activates the elevator, red lights light up and you can hear a computer voice, the computer voice will have a short dialogue with the main character, in the dialogue you'll find out that the forerunner structure is a quarantaine zone, and the main character must be eleminated to contain whatever is in the forerunner structure.

The ai form the computer voice will deactivate the elevator after the dialogue and therefore the elevator falls down in the elevator shaft, as the light dims in the background when you fall in the deep shaft, the main character faints.

That's what my plan is for demo 1 ;)
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 29th 2015, 4:01 pm

I've gotta wonder, what are you using to model this anyways? I know you're using game maker so you have an absolutely terrible poly limit, but im still curious as to what you're using.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer October 29th 2015, 4:25 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:I've gotta wonder, what are you using to model this anyways? I know you're using game maker so you have an absolutely terrible poly limit, but im still curious as to what you're using.

I'm indeed limited, especially with shapes, so I only use tris, quads are really primitive in game maker

http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=414116

this is the program I use to create the models, it's open source and made in game maker aswell, which is pretty cool

P.S. the map contains only 2318 polygons (which are tris only), but I'm still glad that the shapes are clear and the cave structure is somewhat organic :)

In-editor view:
sorry for bad resizing
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer April 23rd 2016, 8:41 am

Gues who has got some vacation

I thought that it was about time to work on ADE again, so I started to UV-map the model for the map, here is a quick render just to show you that I'm actually working on it:
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer April 23rd 2016, 3:55 pm

Fixed the lighting of the render, my brother came with the idea that the green goo didn't really feel halo-ish, and pointed me out that it would look like halo combat evolved if I made the goo turquoise-like

You would probably recognize the colour from the mission "Keyes" from halo: Combat Evolved

After that, I pretty much finished the textures of the model, so now I need to make a 3D room editor because Game Maker doesn't support any :/ (Won't be something super special, just model importing, placing, some light placements and maybe, MAYBE triggers)

Well, here is the picture with fixed lighting:
At Destiny's Ending, a fan made halo game [update 13] - Page 10 Ade_pu11
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 April 23rd 2016, 11:33 pm

You realize that the blue goo from Keyes was most likely coolant from the damaged covenant ship, right? So unless you have a damaged ship overhead it still makes no sense.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts April 24th 2016, 9:19 am

Personally it seems a tad to lit up for a cave. Maybe let the goo illuminate the whole room?

Other than that, looks good to me.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer April 25th 2016, 4:08 pm

General_101 wrote:You realize that the blue goo from Keyes was most likely coolant from the damaged covenant ship, right? So unless you have a damaged ship overhead it still makes no sense.

Hmm, didn't think of that, it's completely true what you're saying. But this colour scheme feels more halo-ish and it looks just plain nicer so I think that I'll stick with this

Heatguts wrote:Personally it seems a tad to lit up for a cave. Maybe let the goo illuminate the whole room?

Other than that, looks good to me.

There are some holes in the ceiling which lights up the cave, so it isn't that wierd it's this illuminated :)

ON ANOTHER NOTE:

I've decided to use unity 3D for ADE.

My first idea was to create a 3D room editor in Game Maker myself and with that I would create my game, I still prefer this idea but I know that after my vacation is over, I can't work on this game till summervacation and if I want to push out any kind of gameplay I need to use another program

I won't use Cryengine for Obvious reasons and unreal engine is just too shiny for my low-poly/low-res models, unity is also a bit more familiar to me then any other program

So it's a victory for R93 I think, I'm finally convinced...
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper April 25th 2016, 6:30 pm

Be sure to take your time to learn the tools, that's where the real trial is
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer April 26th 2016, 6:59 am

R93_Sniper wrote:Be sure to take your time to learn the tools, that's where the real trial is

I sure will, but it would probably take less time to make a simple puzzle/platformer then to make a whole 3D room editor myself :)

Also, Game Maker doesn't really have any good 3D lighting yet, that was another reason for me to switch to unity :/
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix May 5th 2016, 8:35 pm

HOLY CRAP! LOLSLAYER'S BACK!
Thought you were gone for good. At least R93 didn't put the Banhammer at full charge.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind May 5th 2016, 11:27 pm

<_< I'd just like to say that UE isn't always shiny, it's the way you make the game. You can make an UE game as unshiny and matte as you want.
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh May 6th 2016, 5:36 am

It's a 2 second job on the materials really.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 6th 2016, 12:12 pm

Maybe unreal is really better, and maybe I've just made a stupid decision

But unity somehow appeals more to me, I've used both engines a little bit and I preferred unity

Maybe it actually was a stupid decision, I'll surely give another look to unreal another time

But for now I'm working with Unity
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper May 6th 2016, 12:48 pm

Work with unity for now. Its a good engine for beginner developers.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer May 6th 2016, 5:35 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:Work with unity for now. Its a good engine for beginner developers.

Thx :)
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 10th 2016, 7:54 am

A whole slew of Gamemaker shit is available on Humble Bundle right now.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top