Blender Animation - My experience as a beginner.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blender Animation - My experience as a beginner. Empty Blender Animation - My experience as a beginner.

Post by Deadmeat October 28th 2016, 3:52 pm

Ok guys so here is my first venture into Modeling, Rigging and Animation,
( actually its the second attempt as I screwed something in the animation stage that I could not find or correct what went wrong, so I restarted from the rigged stage), as before this is from a tutorial by Tutor4U but this is a direct copy of that work ( as close as I could make anyway ). I find that I am learning a tiny bit faster now as I become a little more accustomed to the controls.

Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Blender Animation - My experience as a beginner. Empty Re: Blender Animation - My experience as a beginner.

Post by Heatguts October 28th 2016, 5:35 pm

Every time I sit down to animate something in blender I always forget all the shortcut keys and so I go back to google and always manage to find the same tutorial that tells me all the keybinds.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Blender Animation - My experience as a beginner. Empty Re: Blender Animation - My experience as a beginner.

Post by Deadmeat October 28th 2016, 6:03 pm

Thanks for the heads-up I could only find a pdf for 2.5 as the nearest version I have the 2.78a, but i already recognise a few key seqences on it, so thanks again.
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper October 28th 2016, 6:32 pm

Looks good for starting off. Your animation is a bit stiff especially when it stands on the hind legs, but you learn how to fix that as time goes on.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir October 29th 2016, 10:41 am

Dat booty bump tho.. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat October 29th 2016, 4:58 pm

@R93, Thanks for the critique, it is appriciated, could you please give me a hint on what attribute to modify, If I understand I guess you are referring to an attribute in the ( blender ) graph editor, the tutorial had the original motion curve changed to a linear motion for reason of constant speed of the dog's movement. however please elaborate if I am wide of the mark.

@Abdul, I believe it was modelled on the gyration of a certain Kardashian !
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat March 1st 2017, 6:26 pm

Ok guys here are a couple more blender tutorials I found,  1st is a 'Nebula' Fly thro, that is done by moving the camera down thro a series of planes to simulate animation, The second is a true animation morph from ball to a wine glass any comments would be appriciated.

(These are my efforts of tutorials found on youtube, I have not yet included the original links but can do if needed)

Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy March 2nd 2017, 6:42 am

Your dog animation was pretty good for a beginner if I'm honest but, like R94 said, its a bit stiff when it goes on its hind legs but this is a non-issue as you'll get better with time 100%. I always try and envision the physics / how movement would look like in real life when animating. Always remember that there's a speed ramp in sudden movement (and movement in general) - nothing goes from 0-100 straightaway there is always an acceleration in movement and a drop off when the action is carried out.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat March 2nd 2017, 5:14 pm

Well I have lost the Dog animation, because I am a muppet! It seems that because blender over-writes files in the temp directory and as I had not specified a descrete path I have destroyed / wiped the dog blend flies,  ( at least I can try to get the motion better ) I was going to just post the original dope sheet with the movement keys to see where the fault lay.

As a stop gap I have done my take on an asteriod animation using proc generated asteriods, with  assets from the star pack (x-wing fighter and R2d2)

Drifting Xwing
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat March 21st 2017, 7:49 pm

Ok here is a project that took many hours and over 2hr to render. I shall say that there is a really huge error in the animation that is now fixed, but I left the original  for your amusement and ridicule. ( I prob deserve it lol )

Last edited by Deadmeat on March 22nd 2017, 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : repair reported broken video link)
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggyNos March 21st 2017, 7:53 pm

Video link is broken
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Thumbs Up : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat March 23rd 2017, 6:11 pm

Video link repaired
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum