Marty O'donnell wins lawsuit against Bungie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marty O'donnell wins lawsuit against Bungie Empty Marty O'donnell wins lawsuit against Bungie

Post by SilentGamer64 October 13th 2015, 11:23 am

Bungie has really turned into a shitty company these past few years. I'm kinda glad they aren't working on Halo any more, but at the same time, maybe they would have had a different attitude if they hadn't left.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Marty O'donnell wins lawsuit against Bungie Empty Re: Marty O'donnell wins lawsuit against Bungie

Post by RockMetal&Time October 13th 2015, 11:42 am

SilentGamer64 wrote:

Bungie has really turned into a shitty company these past few years. I'm kinda glad they aren't working on Halo any more, but at the same time, maybe they would have had a different attitude if they hadn't left.

Not to mention Bungie said that your "Destiny Guardian" is a way more "memorable" and "badass" character then the Master Chief It was in a Gameinformer Destiny TTK interview...

CRINGEEEEE
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Marty O'donnell wins lawsuit against Bungie Empty Re: Marty O'donnell wins lawsuit against Bungie

Post by Stevedoggen October 13th 2015, 1:16 pm

Yeah, I'll admit that was a shitty thing to do to Marty.
Kinda sad Marty and Joe have both left, all the companies I liked have gone downhill. -_-
*quits vidya gaems*
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy October 13th 2015, 2:16 pm

Maybe they were like this for a longtime but we just never knew?
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ October 13th 2015, 6:05 pm

I feel like Activision is the dark side and Bungie is Anakin Skywalker. He was good but turned crap. (And maybe Bungie will pull through in the end, who knows?).
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy October 13th 2015, 6:11 pm

Sith are as bad as the Jedi.

Mandalorians and grey Jedis ftw.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 October 13th 2015, 8:05 pm

TheAandZ wrote:I feel like Activision is the dark side and Bungie is Anakin Skywalker. He was good but turned crap. (And maybe Bungie will pull through in the end, who knows?).
I don't think this is Activision at all. I think this has been slowly building up for a while now due to Bungie's record and what I can only assume is their inflated egos. Whenever some company tells me they are a tight family even when they are hundreds of employees working on the same shit for a good while I doubt those claims of innocence. Remember that making triple A video games is always a capitalistic move and not some bonding ritual. Yes, some people do it out of love but take away any way to make profits and suddenly their love has been misplaced.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind October 14th 2015, 9:33 am

I don't rightly give a fu­ck who's to blame, Bungie or Activision. It doesn't detract from the fact that Destiny is an astronomical trainwreck in every aspect.

I can't even begin to name every single thing that is horribly underdeveloped or tested. They can't even release a DLC without having to nerf all the new weapons days (months/years LOL) later because they don't playtest anything. There's no story unless you want to get on a computer and read the equivalent of books (With various holes drilled into them) cut up and slapped on the back of collector cards. They might as well have copy/pasted the netcode from previous Activision games for as accurate as it is. There's an obvious bias towards one side in crucible except on the miniscule amount of symmetrical maps.

LET'S PAY FOR DANCE MOVES!!!

PLAY THE NEWLY RERELEASED LEVEL ADVANTAGE ENABLED PLAYLIST FOR GEAR THAT DOES FU­CK-ALL WHILE DEALING WITH LAG THAT LETS AN OPPONENT ACROSS THE MAP MELEE YOU 2 MINUTES AGO!!!

PLAY THE RAID THAT CONSTANTLY FUCKS YOU OVER WITH LAG AND GLITCHES THAT WE AREN'T GOING TO FIX, BUT WE SURE ARE GOING TO TAKE THE TIME TO ADD A FEATURE THAT BANS PEOPLE WHO GET UNDER THE WORLD MAP IN A CERTAIN AREA TO PREVENT YOU FROM CHEESING AN OVERLY UNBALANCED PART OF ONE MISSION BEFORE WE FIX AI LITERALLY TELEPORTING AND COMING BACK FROM THE DEAD OR NOT TAKING DAMAGE!!!!

I fucking wish Marty literally OWNED the company now.

The only reason I still play is because that's like, all that my friends play on Xbox 360 :/ rant over v_v

P.S. Anyone notice that a power of the "taken" is the ability to teleport every fucking second? I swear that's simply to mask their horrible code! No! They aren't glitching all over the place! That's how the enemies are designed!
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen October 14th 2015, 10:18 am

@Deadofmind, I like you as a person, but calm down plz. Half your arguments are bullshit.

Balancing is nothing new with any type of video game in any way.

There is a story, the issue is that it's presented poorly most of the time, not that it doesn't exist.

There is no obvious bias on maps in Crucible. If there was, more than you would be bitching about it. It's just your experience sucked, and judging by your wording, you went into it with a preexisting negative bias, looking for issues. I did too, but I knew I sucked, and sure enough as I got a touch gud'r I don't see any real unbalancing in favour of teams, at least in control and clash.

"LET'S PAY FOR DANCE MOVES"
Well, one, you don't have to, and two, the next two small 'DLC's' are free as a result. This is better than it was before in some regards. Don't mistake me for supporting the current money grab they have in full force, though.

People meleeing you from seconds earlier is not the games fault. It's your shitty internet. There's no dressing that up. I have shit internet too. I have had this happen to me many a time - I know these things, you should too. It's not exclusive to this game, don't act like it is. It's simply more obvious in an always online game by nature.

Lag, teleporting enemies and not-doing-damage glitches? Again, lag on your side and/or the people you are teamed with. Also, banning for cheesing? Are you for real? Can I get a source for that please, literally every other time cheesing happens, no punishment occurs, they simply fix it. I'd like to know about it honestly. Raids are supposed to be unbalanced. That's why it's a no-matchmaking 6 person event. It's unfairly hard.

The teleporting on the Taken is interesting, I like the challenge. I don't view it as code issues. Does everything other than Taken glitch all over the place for you?

Not to sound rude man, it's just some of that isn't even the game.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind October 15th 2015, 11:13 pm

I was quite raging when I made that post xD fuckin' Banner.

True, balancing is still horrible though. "We're removing shot package because we can't balance it right, but here's a perfect roll shotgun with rangefinder that anyone can use (conspiracy theory d), and if you want, here's a new sniper rifle disguised as a shotgun (Chaperoni macaroni)"

To me, if a game doesn't give you sufficient information in its storyline, and instead makes you leave the game or receive the story somewhere outside of the game, there is no story in the game. The game has little tidbits of information everywhere, but unless you leave and check out that sweet grimoire card you aren't going to know anything besides "good guy came, made us all epic, bad guys came and killed good guy, now we have to save good guy."

The Destiny universe has a story, the game doesn't. In my opinion.

I probably just prefer symmetrical maps. But I don't like that on Shores of Time, C/B side has more map control than A/B side. C/B side has multiple spots to watch both cap points simultaneously while standing still. I love Pantheon because both sides have the ability win no matter what. I hate that you can get spawn trapped to hell but you can also spawn trap them if your team is skilled enough. You can win no matter if you control A or C. Yes I realize this is a shitty comparison and full of holes. Just trying to make a small point. BTW I love Shores of Time, I AM that sniper watching you jump to B xD

judging by your wording, you went into it with a preexisting negative bias, looking for issues.
I've been playing since the beta, I went into the game loving it, enjoying every moment and having fun playing with my friends. And I still do. But people can love something while having some negative opinions about it.

You're right,I don't have to buy them, but DAMMIT I want that Carlton dance!

I have great internet. It's the host selection system that needs help. You ever been electrocuted by a stormcaller on Thieves Den A while you're capping C? Sniped behind a wall before you even walk out? People shooting straight through cover with a handcannon? Hit detection craps out because the host is a yellow bar? Literally jump on a guy and shootgun him in the face, walk away after getting the kill and 5 seconds later die from a nonexistent melee? Yeah, it's not my connection..

Yeah people got banned for glitching under the map on that Rasputin mission with the Shank to avoid the horde of enemies during the Warsat.

That last bit about the Taken teleporting being code to cover up lag teleporting was just a joke xD back when enemies actually WOULD teleport while you're shooting them.

I'm gonna go play some more Banner xD
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts October 15th 2015, 11:50 pm

deadofmind wrote:To me, if a game doesn't give you sufficient information in its storyline, and instead makes you leave the game or receive the story somewhere outside of the game, there is no story in the game.
I haven't played destiny or experienced any of the story, but this seems kind of flimsy to me because from a gameplay perspective, I understand you also can't play dwarf fortress without reading up a lot before playing the game, but the game still has gameplay. Bungie's mandatory cards are a rather stupid decision but from what I understand they mainly deliver exposition, and the plot-doing is left to the game. To the uninitiated it might be as plotless as watching episode 76 of some random fighting anime and knowing none of the characters, their abilities, or what they're doing, but to those who have watched the previous 75 episodes there's definitely a story.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen October 16th 2015, 2:37 am

deadofmind wrote:
Yeah people got banned for glitching under the map on that Rasputin mission with the Shank to avoid the horde of enemies during the Warsat.
Lol I saw people doing that and wondered why they stopped all of a sudden. XD
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top