Videogame facts!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Videogame facts! Empty Videogame facts!

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 5th 2015, 1:19 am

This thread, hopefully it won't get deleted, is designed to inform players of video games, fans of video games or just general people about facts and trivia from previous games in Halo or any game. Yes you can also post videos from did you know gaming.

Our first fact: Pokemon generations 1 & 2 we're both supposed to be the same game. Due to software limitations, they cannot do that. Initially what you were supposed to do must go through Pokemon Gen 1, beat pokemon league and Team Rocket, then head to Gen Two's in order to stop Team Rocket once and for all, complete pokedex, and face off against the new Pokemon League. But due to the software limitations, they cannot do this. Instead we have Pokemon as we know it today, generation after generation after generation. Each one getting worse the last.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Videogame facts! Empty Re: Videogame facts!

Post by lolslayer July 5th 2015, 2:52 am

Funny fact: did you know that gaming is very addicting?
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh July 5th 2015, 6:34 am

Also very bad for you.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainsick98 July 5th 2015, 9:13 am

Did you know: Explicitly violent games like GTA have been linked to the rise in crime rates?
Brainsick98
Brainsick98

Thumbs Up : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 5th 2015, 9:56 am

Mootjuh wrote:Also very bad for you.

oh no, we have a soccer mom on the forum.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh July 5th 2015, 10:05 am

Or a victim of its negative effects.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen July 5th 2015, 12:01 pm

Brainsick98 wrote:Did you know: Explicitly violent games like GTA have been linked to the rise in crime rates?  
For every claim that violent games cause it, there is one saying it doesn't.
There is no definitive answer either way really. Unless you've been listening to the conclusion-jumping media, in which case, everything is terrible and will make you terrible for engaging in it. XD
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainsick98 July 5th 2015, 12:06 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:
Mootjuh wrote:Also very bad for you.

oh no, we have a soccer mom on the forum.

LOOOL!! MAMA MOOTJUH!!!!
Brainsick98
Brainsick98

Back to top Go down

Post by Brainsick98 July 5th 2015, 12:10 pm

Stevedoggen wrote:
Brainsick98 wrote:Did you know: Explicitly violent games like GTA have been linked to the rise in crime rates?  
For every claim that violent games cause it, there is one saying it doesn't.
There is no definitive answer either way really. Unless you've been listening to the conclusion-jumping media, in which case, everything is terrible and will make you terrible for engaging in it. XD

Hehe!! I only sarcazzz!!!
(Ps: sorry for double post...)
Brainsick98
Brainsick98

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 5th 2015, 4:44 pm

There is no way this thread is going to survive on topic for more than two pages.

My question for the pokemon fact then, is, why do gen 2 games have kanto and the gyms in them anyways?

Windows98 wrote:Did you know: Explicitly violent games like GTA have been linked to the rise in crime rates?
Did you know: Monster energy drinks are satanic?
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 5th 2015, 6:41 pm

Heatguts wrote:There is no way this thread is going to survive on topic for more than two pages.

My question for the pokemon fact then, is, why do gen 2 games have kanto and the gyms in them anyways?

Windows98 wrote:Did you know: Explicitly violent games like GTA have been linked to the rise in crime rates?
Did you know: Monster energy drinks are satanic?

It came out a couple years after gen I. Gen II is now a backwards version of Gen I since within those next 2 years, they could improve the software and finish work on the region. All they did was give it a different storyline and BAM! New character takes care of old character's problems. I know there will be doubter's further down the thread: so if you want proof, look at the order the sprites were made. Not Pokedex order! Sprite completion order. Gen I and II sprites seem to be randomly created to the pixel artist's liking. And it doesn't go Gen I pokemon at first, then Gen II; it is mostly random. It starts with Nidoking (I think) and ends with some other pokemon; but the fact is they were made so if it was pokemon 190, then it went pokemon # 44, 27, etc.

Essentially, they took the numbers 1 - 190, and jumbled them up when making pokemon sprites. Aaaand I'm just rambling now, aren't I?

Anyway: Videogame Fact 2! In Halo 4, there is a deleted weapon hidden within the files of the game. The Stasis Rifle, a Forerunner gun that shot beams. When the beam hit something, a blue sphere (much like the Orange sphere from Pulse Grenades) would be set on the ground or item for a while. If you enter the sphere, your character slows down... making for an easy target. The best part is a mod exists to bring it back!!
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 July 5th 2015, 8:07 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:
Our first fact: Pokemon generations 1 & 2 we're both supposed to be the same game. Due to software limitations, they cannot do that. Initially what you were supposed to do must go through Pokemon Gen 1, beat pokemon league and Team Rocket, then head to Gen Two's  in order to stop Team Rocket once and for all, complete pokedex, and face off against the new Pokemon League. But due to the software limitations, they cannot do this. Instead we have Pokemon as we know it today, generation after generation after generation. Each one getting worse the last.

Funny you should mention this, because I'm actually working on a fan made Pokémon game of my own right now. It's going to have the regions from gens 1 and 2. And 3. And 4. And maybe another small bonus region. When I can get to a point where I can release a working Alpha build, I'll try posting it up here so you guys can test it for me.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 July 5th 2015, 8:40 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:
DreuxPhoenix wrote:
Our first fact: Pokemon generations 1 & 2 we're both supposed to be the same game. Due to software limitations, they cannot do that. Initially what you were supposed to do must go through Pokemon Gen 1, beat pokemon league and Team Rocket, then head to Gen Two's  in order to stop Team Rocket once and for all, complete pokedex, and face off against the new Pokemon League. But due to the software limitations, they cannot do this. Instead we have Pokemon as we know it today, generation after generation after generation. Each one getting worse the last.

Funny you should mention this, because I'm actually working on a fan made Pokémon game of my own right now. It's going to have the regions from gens 1 and 2. And 3. And 4. And maybe another small bonus region. When I can get to a point where I can release a working Alpha build, I'll try posting it up here so you guys can test it for me.
Careful what you do. Projects like yours are quick to get a cease & desist.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 5th 2015, 11:15 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:
DreuxPhoenix wrote:

You could do the Orre Region from Pokemon Colleseum and XD: Gale of Darkness. Or the Pokemon Ranger sereis Regions of Fiore, Almia, and Oblivia. Or The Orange Islands. Or just be creative and create your own regions and pokemon. Either way, I will be ready to Alpha Test for you.
PS, you may wanna add the glitch pokemon; such as MissingNo
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 July 6th 2015, 12:24 am

@General_101: Its basically in the same situation as Contingency. As long as i dont profit from it, its all good. In other words, it'll be free to play.

There's actually an entire community dedicated to making fan made pokemon games, and many people have sucessfully created and released their own games. Its just that no one has ever tried making one that combines the regions together, do im taking a stab at it.

@Pheonix: I havent considered adding missingo in yet, but i do plan on making all pokemon from every game up to diamond and pearl catchable, so i may add it in later.

Also, sorry if i hijacked your thread. I'll probably start a seperate thread for discussing my game so you can continue telling us these facinating video game facts lol.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 July 6th 2015, 1:00 am

It's more complicated than that. I'm just saying to be careful with what you do. Do tell us when you have made progress though. Would be interesting to see.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir July 6th 2015, 6:35 am

Did u know that the first ever VidGame was released on a Console
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 July 6th 2015, 12:53 pm

Abdul Fatir wrote:Did u know that the first ever VidGame was released on a Console
That's incorrect. Try again.
Edit: The first video game was released on paper you ignorant twat. It's called tic-tac-toe, duh.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 6th 2015, 1:11 pm

DreuxPhoenix wrote:
Heatguts wrote:There is no way this thread is going to survive on topic for more than two pages.

look at the order the sprites were made. Not Pokedex order! Sprite completion order. Gen I and II sprites seem to be randomly created to the pixel artist's liking. And it doesn't go Gen I pokemon at first, then Gen II; it is mostly random. It starts with Nidoking (I think) and ends with some other pokemon; but the fact is they were made so if it was pokemon 190, then it went pokemon # 44, 27, etc.
Pokedex numbers were probably arbitrarily assigned after all the pokemon were created. They probably made tons of sprites for the concept art, then realized they didn't have the memory to store them all. Therefore, they had to cut some pokemon, cut the other region, etc.

If you want proof of the memory limitations, the reason missingno exists is because the player's name is stored in the encounter data on that coastline you can encounter it on. They simply didn't have anywhere else to store it, I suppose.
Abdul Fatir wrote:Did u know that the first ever VidGame was released on a Console
I believe the first electronic game was developed on and using military radar equipment.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 6th 2015, 5:57 pm

SilentGamer64 wrote:@General_101: Its basically in the same situation as Contingency. As long as i dont profit from it, its all good. In other words, it'll be free to play.

There's actually an entire community dedicated to making fan made pokemon games, and many people have sucessfully created and released their own games. Its just that no one has ever tried making one that combines the regions together, do im taking a stab at it.

@Pheonix: I havent considered adding missingo in yet, but i do plan on making all pokemon from every game up to diamond and pearl catchable, so i may add it in later.

Also, sorry if i hijacked your thread. I'll probably start a seperate thread for discussing my game so you can continue telling us these facinating video game facts lol.

the hijacking is k, we all need a starting point.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer July 8th 2015, 3:50 am

General_101 wrote:
That's incorrect. Try again.
Edit: The first video game was released on paper you ignorant twat. It's called tic-tac-toe, duh.

lol

but really, the very first video game ever created was a game where you had a dot and a screen with a point painted in the middle of the screen,

The dot moved constantly, and you could turn the dot around with some cheesy input, if the dot touches the middle of the screen, the dot will grow immensely big and thus saying that you dropped the bomb at the right location, and then you can go start again :D

but a working version has never been found though :/
lolslayer
lolslayer

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts July 8th 2015, 10:08 am

I think you're thinking of the magnavox odyssey. That was a competitor to the atari 2600.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 9th 2015, 8:55 pm

fun fact: while the Xbox has a convex design, the original Xbox 360 design ( White Xbox 360s) is concave. This design is meant to allow players to stack the Xbox 360 on to the Xbox they already owned. This way players can have a tower of Xbox and Xbox 360!
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh July 9th 2015, 9:15 pm

Wouldn't that be useless since backwards compatibility?
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix July 9th 2015, 10:07 pm

Mootjuh wrote:Wouldn't that be useless since backwards compatibility?

Backwards comparability was probably thought of after the console was designed. Either that, or the fact that only 300-some Xbox Titles were available to be played on the 360 in the early Xbox 360 days.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum