Supernova, yet another MOBA but this time with more RTS spice.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Supernova, yet another MOBA but this time with more RTS spice. Empty Supernova, yet another MOBA but this time with more RTS spice.

Post by Senjin February 28th 2015, 11:23 pm

Late I've heard about another MOBA trying to compete in the market of isometric strategy games. This time it's Bandai Namco trying to get some action in the market, publishing Supernova by the creators of Tekken and Soul Caliber (Which somehow qualifies them to make a team brawler). This one, like all the others, is trying to add it's own flair and add to the developing MOBA scene by using RTS army composition aspects:

I've signed up for the alpha and got a key a few hours later, which makes me reminiscent of how I never managed to acquire a Heroes of the Storm key ;'(

With free, easy to learn, accessible MOBAs taking the scene, I'm sad to see that the traditional strategy game, the RTS, is dying out (Oh StarCraft my baby why!?). It's understandable that people would shy away from RTS that being: RTS games cost money, are more difficult to compete in, take lots of time to learn, and the competitive scene usually is 1v1 which being a stressful situation drives people away from its competitive scene...

First Impressions From My Own Few Matches
1. It can be simple or complex to your own liking
-You have the option to have the stat points earned by leveling distributed automatically according a build
-Likewise your accessories (Small stat buffs) can be tailored to a prior selected build. Even building your army has a suggestions tip you can click on when you see fit
2. More Wombo Combo than DOTA, but not as Wombo combo as Leauge
-I like that balance
-It emphasizes pushing your army down lanes rather than killing the enemy team
3. A very simple counter vs counter army system
- It's alpha I expect fancier things to come
4. The map seems a little small compared to DOTA, just a little bigger than Heroes of the Storm
-Adverse to covering short distances, most characters have equal speed as of now, there are no items.
5. This is my opportunity to make up game slang terms that quite possibly all future players may start using, all because of me... I will not waste this offer...

Last edited by Senjin on March 1st 2015, 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

Supernova, yet another MOBA but this time with more RTS spice. Empty Re: Supernova, yet another MOBA but this time with more RTS spice.

Post by RockMetal&Time March 1st 2015, 12:02 am

I don't understand all the hype with MOBAs can someone clarify why they are the most played most popular genre on the planet :/
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Supernova, yet another MOBA but this time with more RTS spice. Empty Re: Supernova, yet another MOBA but this time with more RTS spice.

Post by Senjin March 1st 2015, 1:58 am

Cuz MOBAs are a relatively new genre, at least in the sense of Dota and League. Before, it was a mini-game in Warcraft 3. The appealing thing to players is teamwork, and f2p.
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time March 1st 2015, 2:46 pm

Keyword FREE to Play xD
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy March 1st 2015, 7:19 pm

RockMetal&Time wrote:Keyword FREE to Play xD

Keyword being noteable skill gap to differentiate good players from bad players, unlike shitty halo / cod.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Apsuli March 1st 2015, 9:49 pm

MOBAs are completely evil. I know 4 people that play MOBAs, two of them are kids my age, one of them is my brother and the last one is just someone.

All of them including a girl have developed a neckbeard, gained 200 kilos of fat and all of them go to anger management weekly. They have lost around 20,000 dollars worth of gaming equipment and are just slowly dying inside.

I actually thought about trying one but then I took my thoughts back when I realised what kind of crazy things the toxic of the community might infect me with.

I just might check this out to tell that I've experienced it if it turns out to be any different.
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin March 1st 2015, 10:08 pm

I've played at least 4 matches. The game isn't quite balanced, and some features are explored enough, but I've seen lots of potential.

I've had an easy time with MOBAs, I play Dota almost regularly and have only developed half a neckbeard (Starting on my left side with an arc that subtends 90 degress clockwise to the middle of my neck) and have have only gained 100 kilos.

MOBAs actually vary which is why there are so many. Developers are trying to figure out what makes the best MOBA. So far there have been two groups to appeal to:
~People who like the brawling style of LoL
~People who like the complexity and teamwork of Dota

For now I'm just waitin' on Legacy of the Void to be out for SC2, then I'll kiss much of my Dota time away.
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time March 3rd 2015, 12:36 am

Neesy wrote:

Keyword being noteable skill gap to differentiate good players from bad players, unlike shitty halo / cod.

I don't know about you but Halo does have a noteable skill gap well all the halos except for halo 4 that is haha!
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy March 3rd 2015, 4:17 am

RockMetal&Time wrote:
Neesy wrote:

I don't know about you but Halo does have a noteable skill gap well all the halos except for halo 4 that is haha!

When I say Halo I'm talking about modern day halo so, my point still stands
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top