Eridanus Insurrection

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eridanus Insurrection  Empty Eridanus Insurrection

Post by Knightlight January 3rd 2015, 12:47 am

http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-eridanus-insurrection/videos

I don't know how many of you guys and gals have seen this mod but it def deserves some love.
Knightlight
Knightlight

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Eridanus Insurrection  Empty Re: Eridanus Insurrection

Post by BeastlySteve January 3rd 2015, 3:10 am

Looks like pretty good so far. I'll keep an eye on it, might be motivation to buy ARMA 3.
BeastlySteve
BeastlySteve

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by RCSRex January 3rd 2015, 4:19 am

brb, buying arma 3 now.
RCSRex
RCSRex

Thumbs Up : 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 3rd 2015, 12:36 pm

That's awesome. I'd buy arma 3 if my pc could handle arma 2.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Misriah Armory January 4th 2015, 3:44 am

*Tries Arma 3.
~So many controls.

What if there was Battlefield Contingency: Hardline?
Just imagine all the Battlefield environments and abilities, and objectives, but were alien. O.O
Misriah Armory
Misriah Armory

Thumbs Up : 7

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free January 4th 2015, 11:37 am

HOLY S***
Btw Contingency is Battlefield but with halo
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 January 4th 2015, 12:05 pm

Why does every game that's a shooter suddenly become battlefield as soon as it hits a certain player cap? I'm going to go play Doom on the server that allows 64 players. Oh wait, it is actually called Battlefield: Origins: The Old Game: That One Game With Guns: 32 Whole Bits.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by BeastlySteve January 4th 2015, 1:11 pm

General_101 wrote:Why does every game that's a shooter suddenly become battlefield as soon as it hits a certain player cap? I'm going to go play Doom on the server that allows 64 players. Oh wait, it is actually called Battlefield: Origins: The Old Game: That One Game With Guns: 32 Whole Bits.
This. Contingency is supposed to be like large scale halo 3, from what I understand.

Back to this arma mod though, I like how they are taking the mod in a different way than most mods, using rebels, odsts, and Marines instead of a half baked attempt at throwing in a spartan who is killed in 2 shots. Lots of quality models and textures, should try to snatch some of those guys up to speed up the game process haha (just a joking suggestion, don't kill me)
BeastlySteve
BeastlySteve

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts January 4th 2015, 2:26 pm

I think that battlefield is different from cod because it has vehicles, and cod is different from halo because of killstreaks and the smaller skill gap, and halo is different from battlefield because of the map size/player count and kill times.

It's like a giant ven diagram with "Shooters" in the center. Cod specifically has a low skill gap and killstreaks, Battlefield specifically has a large player count, and Halo specifically has longer lasting gunfights, while Halo and Battlefield share vehicles and Cod and Battlefield share short gunfights and 30 versions of the same gun.

What I mean is, increasing player count and map size moves the Halo oval further into the battlefield one but the fact remains that in Halo, gunfights last longer, and that will dictate whether or not the game is more Halo than Battlefield. Even lowering the skill gap and adding killstreaks in Halo 4 wasn't the defining characteristic that got it labeled a cod clone, the kill times were faster and the faster pace of the game took away the Halo-ness that it needed.

I think the real problem will be translating the large maps from battlefield into Halo while still retaining a slow pace. Halo already has vehicles so that will be fine but if the maps are too large nobody will find each other and if they are too small a one on one will last long enough for reinforcements to arrive and more people will keep coming because they know people are there and then there will be so many players in that one area that going anywhere else on the map means you won't find anybody and going there means you will be subjected to utter chaos, randomly shooting until someone kills you with a blind-thrown grenade.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum