Medical Advice...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Medical Advice... Empty Medical Advice...

Post by Neesy December 12th 2014, 2:47 pm

Yeah so... For a good number of years I've been suffering from migraines... particularly 'Optical/Occular' Migraines (google it if you're unsure of what it is); basically, for the rest of the day I'll be mostly blind, serious headache and heavy nausea. So bed-bound for the rest of the day. I've been given tablets that only relieve the blinding aspects of it but I'm at the point where I'm willing to try anything to counteract/prevent these Migraines. If any of you have any advice that'd be great; I'm all ears to anything... atm I'm interested in trying cupping.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Medical Advice... Empty Re: Medical Advice...

Post by R93_Sniper December 12th 2014, 6:04 pm

As much as I feel for you (in a manner of speaking) I don't think its particularly wise to try posting that on a forum filled with rather immature teenager/adults and random halo fans who probably know little about medical stuff. There are actual medical forums that you could look into, but personally I'd say go get checked by a doctor (assuming that you haven't already).

As for Migraines, the best advice I could really give would be take a warm shower. You may feel a bit lightheaded afterwards but you should feel fine within a few minutes. Head massages also work wonders.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingWithDon December 12th 2014, 6:47 pm

Theres an aloe Vera cream I used that burns like shit but sucks the pain right out of your head. It works wonders. I usually get someone to massage it in and the headache is usually gone within 10 minutes max (if I find the name of it again, I'll let you know)
GamingWithDon
GamingWithDon

Thumbs Up : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy December 12th 2014, 7:17 pm

R93_Sniper wrote:As much as I feel for you (in a manner of speaking) I don't think its particularly wise to try posting that on a forum filled with rather immature teenager/adults and random halo fans who probably know little about medical stuff. There are actual medical forums that you could look into, but personally I'd say go get checked by a doctor (assuming that you haven't already).

As for Migraines, the best advice I could really give would be take a warm shower. You may feel a bit lightheaded afterwards but you should feel fine within a few minutes. Head massages also work wonders.

I'm aware but, because migraine effects are specific to the individual, treatment can vary so, I'm still open to suggestions. I have seen medical attention and that's where I received the pills. If you don't mind popping in every-so-often a moderating this threat that's be cool or just locking it off if it turns into a shitstorm.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by mmorpg4free December 13th 2014, 4:42 am

You should take it easy and rest .Dont stay for long on your computer it may increase the headache!
mmorpg4free
mmorpg4free

Thumbs Up : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind December 13th 2014, 4:47 pm

Do you wear glasses? How long has it been since you checked? If you do, your prescription may be out of date.

What size monitor are you viewing on? how far away do you sit?

Is the pain right behind your eye? Would you describe the pain as back and above? or back and under the eye?

Have you been checked for an infection? The fact that you also have nausea seems like you might have a bad inner ear infection. Do you have balance issues when you get a migraine?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy December 13th 2014, 5:14 pm

I do not wear glasses but my eyesight has slowly depreciated over a good 6 years. 23 inch monitor; when gaming I turn down the brightness and, other times, sit back ( a good 1-1.5m from the desk); there is no pain from the eye, the blindness is just a side effect of the migraine. No balance issues; no infection was picked up when I initially got it consulted.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by ax2themax December 13th 2014, 8:12 pm

I have no experiences with migraines and have no knowledge on that subject.  All I can say are best wishes and stay well comrade.
ax2themax
ax2themax

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 13th 2014, 8:17 pm

Then why did you even reply to the topic. I don't either but I'm not gonna announce it to everybody because everyone will probably assume the lack of me saying anything helpful is probably because I don't have anything helpful to say.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy December 13th 2014, 9:34 pm

ax2themax wrote:I have no experiences with migraines and have no knowledge on that subject.  All I can say are best wishes and stay well comrade.

Appreciate the sentiment.

Then why did you even reply to the topic. I don't either but I'm not gonna announce it to everybody because everyone will probably assume the lack of me saying anything helpful is probably because I don't have anything helpful to say.

Keep it clean guise.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts December 13th 2014, 10:58 pm

Medical Advice... 3K9jB0W
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 December 13th 2014, 11:14 pm

Just listen to everything Dr.Oz has to say.
Oz is love! Oz is life!
Joking aside I hope you end up finding something that ends up being a permanent solution.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top