I Just Realized What We Are Getting...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I Just Realized What We Are Getting... Empty I Just Realized What We Are Getting...

Post by Mastur Cheef September 20th 2014, 11:02 pm

We now have:

Project Contingency (CryEngine 3)

Installation 01 (Unity 3D)

Glassed (UDK)

We have three fan made Halo games coming to PC. Three. 3. I'm so grateful right now. Having 3 Halo games but on different engines will be amazing.
Mastur Cheef
Mastur Cheef

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

I Just Realized What We Are Getting... Empty Re: I Just Realized What We Are Getting...

Post by Utopia September 21st 2014, 5:07 am

Project Contingency looks great, has loads of potential, and a solid dev team to make it happen.
Installation 01 looks really ruff, looks like more of a test then a possible full game.
Glassed looks okay, has potential with the right dev team.
Utopia
Utopia

Back to top Go down

I Just Realized What We Are Getting... Empty Re: I Just Realized What We Are Getting...

Post by Jaing September 21st 2014, 6:52 am

Can people link me to glassed?
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Post by RockMetal&Time September 21st 2014, 10:32 am

Jaing wrote:Can people link me to glassed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Afxo3vzhkk&list=UUVvsVp5JKjaiCy1uz-FjQpw

official channel ;D
on a side note the last time I had a conversation with him 5 months ago, he said there where only 2 developers in the team
both guys are 14 year old and they spent all their free time in this game BUT I think they recently acquired a programmer not too sure about that....
RockMetal&Time
RockMetal&Time

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Legal September 21st 2014, 12:51 pm

Wow I never knew there was 3! Wooh!
Legal
Legal

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Mastur Cheef September 21st 2014, 1:18 pm

Yeah. I know Contingency is more well know but it would be nice if the others spread around better.
Mastur Cheef
Mastur Cheef

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin September 21st 2014, 1:24 pm

@ Mastur Cheef,
If you take a look at the contingency demo video there is a lot of hate from impatient people. There isn't much point in spreading around when there is nothing to spread atm. Also it'd just create hate from the more bigot pessimists who think that the majority of indie game dev teams are composed of 14 yearolds who will never finish their project.

It's better to make a good smack in the face with big news rather than trickle along with small bits.
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mastur Cheef September 21st 2014, 1:28 pm

^ This guy knows whats up. If either one announces a beta after Halo 5 Beta, many people will be like "eh". But if someone who is a blog righter for a gaming site writes a report, then people will flock to the download link. I believe Contingency got popular by a news article if I'm correct?
Mastur Cheef
Mastur Cheef

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts September 21st 2014, 2:14 pm

Mastur Cheef wrote:^ This guy knows whats up. If either one announces a beta after Halo 5 Beta, many people will be like "eh". But if someone who is a blog righter for a gaming site writes a report, then people will flock to the download link. I believe Contingency got popular by a news article if I'm correct?
I think most of their publicity so far came from their tech demo from CE3 2013.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Mastur Cheef September 21st 2014, 2:21 pm

I thought some article spread or something. Oh well
Mastur Cheef
Mastur Cheef

Back to top Go down

Post by Legal September 21st 2014, 3:00 pm

I just hope we see something new soon :(
Legal
Legal

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper September 21st 2014, 3:55 pm

Just to clarify, our dev team is pretty much all 18 years of age or older with the exception of ~5 people
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Mastur Cheef September 21st 2014, 4:07 pm

I believe I read on some Halo forum Installation 01 is made by 17 years of age and up. IDK if any are younger.
Mastur Cheef
Mastur Cheef

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh November 1st 2014, 9:03 am

To be fair, Installation 01 lacks artists. I don't think they would be able to remake a whole tagset from scratch. Same thing about Glassed... Absorb them.

Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by Angryboy November 1st 2014, 11:42 am

Last I heard of it, the Glassed team collapsed *cough* and the guy who started it decided to join another team who took it onboard... or something like that.

Glassed was originally a Unity game and yours truly may or may not have been the programmer there who dropped out because it was too big a bite to swallow on his own.

And I can confirm the resources being used are not directly ripped assets/tagsets. At least not all of them... as far as I can tell from what I've been told, the resources are similar to Contingency's, all home-made or otherwise acquired fairly.
Angryboy
Angryboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 1st 2014, 1:26 pm

I guess when the devs drop out of their other halo fan games, they come to contingency.

Contingency confirmed.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Angryboy November 1st 2014, 1:29 pm

Heatguts wrote:I guess when the devs drop out of their other halo fan games, they come to contingency.

Contingency confirmed.
I dropped out months ago. Hell, I was hardly even in the group before being considered "head programmer".
And naturally I'm here, I'm a Halo fan and a developer... why wouldn't I be interested?
Angryboy
Angryboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 1st 2014, 10:16 pm

All hail the glorious new developer, coming to save Contingency from the fire...
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

Post by Angryboy November 2nd 2014, 10:23 am

There is a 90% chance I would be the one setting the fire.
Angryboy
Angryboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaing November 2nd 2014, 11:36 am

100%-90%=10%

You still got dat 10% chance m9
Jaing
Jaing

Back to top Go down

I Just Realized What We Are Getting... Empty HALO!!!!!!!!!

Post by Pang Wang November 2nd 2014, 11:41 am

I literally can not explain how happy I am to get Halo on the PC! I use to be a console guy and have played halo games sense the first release day of Halo Combat Evolved when I was 7 years old. I have recently moved onto PC and have searched for a game to replace halo but I could not find one. This game is like a dream come true. Thank you project Contingency!!!
Pang Wang
Pang Wang

Back to top Go down

Post by theXboxguy117 November 2nd 2014, 11:48 am

Mastur Cheef wrote:We now have:

Project Contingency (CryEngine 3)

Installation 01 (Unity 3D)

Glassed (UDK)

We have three fan made Halo games coming to PC. Three. 3. I'm so grateful right now. Having 3 Halo games but on different engines will be amazing.

what about galaxy of combat? is that game official dead or still in development
theXboxguy117
theXboxguy117

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts November 2nd 2014, 1:50 pm

Totally officially dead.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum