help choosing a laptop? :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

help choosing a laptop? :D Empty Re: help choosing a laptop? :D

Post by iBloxman July 31st 2013, 4:25 pm

furryfoxy wrote:my birthday is coming up and i need your guys' help :)are these specs good?

AMD Quad-Core A8-5545M Accelerated Processor 1.7 GHz(2.7Ghz with AMD Turbo Core Technology) 4MB L2 Cache  
15.6 display
Windows 8
4GB DDR3 memory
750GB (5400RPM) hard drive
Touchscreen
AMD Radeon™ 8410G graphics
DVD SuperMulti Drive
1366x768 TruBrite display
Wi-Fi® 802.11 b/g/n
Raised tile keyboard
Integrated webcam
and a carrying case for free

should i go with an intel processor and intel graphics instead? :(i'm lost here please help, i love amd but i dont know if its better or not

I would suggest getting a desktop... this laptop sucks, it only has 1.7 ghz for it's processor. I have a really good desktop though, you can get it for 350$ and upgrade the video card for 50$ and you have a gaming pc that can play crysis 3!
iBloxman
iBloxman

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by TailsTheGamer July 31st 2013, 5:45 pm

furryfoxy wrote:my birthday is coming up and i need your guys' help :)are these specs good?

AMD Quad-Core A8-5545M Accelerated Processor 1.7 GHz(2.7Ghz with AMD Turbo Core Technology) 4MB L2 Cache  
15.6 display
Windows 8
4GB DDR3 memory
Touchscreen
DVD SuperMulti Drive
Wi-Fi® 802.11 b/g/n
Raised tile keyboard
Integrated webcam

should i go with an intel processor and intel graphics instead? :(i'm lost here please help, i love amd but i dont know if its better or not
If you want them for gaming I'd look the other way.  Intel graphics sucks and that's an APU which means to me that your GPU is attached to you AMD's CPU making it an APU. You'd be lucky if you could run Halo CE without any problems.  What is the laptop?

(Note that I'm not a computer guy and I'm wrong sometimes XP )
TailsTheGamer
TailsTheGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by TailsTheGamer July 31st 2013, 7:12 pm

furryfoxy wrote:
TailsTheGamer wrote:

15.6 display
Windows 8
4GB DDR3 memory
Touchscreen
DVD SuperMulti Drive
Wi-Fi® 802.11 b/g/n
Raised tile keyboard
Integrated webcam

If you want them for gaming I'd look the other way.  Intel graphics sucks and that's an APU which means to me that your GPU is attached to you AMD's CPU making it an APU.  You'd be lucky if you could run Halo CE without any problems.  What is the laptop?

(Note that I'm not a computer guy and I'm wrong sometimes XP )
the thing about this is i need something mobile that can still run stuff well, my sister has something alomst exactly like what these specs are and it runs games just fine, of course not crysis though but i can sacrifice mobility i guess :(

If you need something mobile but powerful enough to play modern games then prepare to empty your pocket. Laptops are very expensive even for low end versions.
TailsTheGamer
TailsTheGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuffant21 July 31st 2013, 7:51 pm

yes, i would stay away from intel graphics! I will never again get a computer with intel graphic cards in them.

You can go to this site to compare graphic cards if you want.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/
Tuffant21
Tuffant21

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryking July 31st 2013, 7:54 pm

Id normally recommend a desktop pc, however since your going for a more Mobile platform you could ether cough up allot of cash for something like a razer edge or get a moderately decent laptop. probably should get a AMD based laptop for gaming seeing as you'll get more performance for the money. (assuming it has a APU (gpu+cpu) which is better than the intel option, unless your spending over $1000 on it).

Im currently building a pc right now however im using a $400 dollar laptop. Again though if your on a buget and want to sacrifice performance for mobility, than go for a amd laptop (or intel if spending over $1000), otherwise i would recommend a desktop pc.
Stryking
Stryking

Back to top Go down

Post by iBloxman July 31st 2013, 8:45 pm

Tuffant21 wrote:yes, i would stay away from intel graphics! I will never again get a computer with intel graphic cards in them.

You can go to this site to compare graphic cards if you want.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/

I totally agree with you. INTEL HD GRAPHICS SUCKS.
iBloxman
iBloxman

Back to top Go down

Post by iBloxman August 1st 2013, 9:07 am

furryfoxy wrote:wow thanks everyone :Dim gonna love this new laptop
You probably are, enjoy playing Project: Contingency on it, if you can..
iBloxman
iBloxman

Back to top Go down

Post by XFXRadeon August 2nd 2013, 1:16 am

Or just simply look up LinusTechTips on Youtube for the best overal comparisons for any type of hardware. He's my man lol
XFXRadeon

Back to top Go down

Post by iBloxman August 2nd 2013, 8:54 am

XFXRadeon wrote:Or just simply look up LinusTechTips on Youtube for the best overal comparisons for any type of hardware. He's my man lol
I use game-debate :P
iBloxman
iBloxman

Back to top Go down

Post by HALF AALLEEXX August 2nd 2013, 4:33 pm

This is advice given from a good few years of PC building experience, if you're looking for a good performance pc for a low price I recommend the new amd richland APUs as they have both decent CPU and GPU wise, something to the tune of this AMD A10 6400K Richland 4.1GHz Quad Core APU, with a cheap HDD, mobo,case etc,but modified for your price range and needs.
Side Note: I did some benchmarks and the inbuilt graphics on the APU can play pretty much any modern game on medium of high with 30+ FPS  
Hope this helps :P
HALF AALLEEXX
HALF AALLEEXX

Back to top Go down

Post by camycamera August 2nd 2013, 9:25 pm

i wouldn't waste your money on a $2000 gaming laptop for performance that you can get from a $600 desktop. it is just cheaper, and better.
camycamera
camycamera

Thumbs Up : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Siman August 16th 2013, 12:24 am

Id do an A10 APU for mobile they are fairly powerful for what they are other than that. MSI, Dell's Alienware, and ASUS make small Intel quad CPU with Nvidia 76X series graphics cards that are fairly nice and in the 14" screen size so its not a tombstone. Ive worked with all 4 options best bang for the buck is the A10. But at the people commenting on the APUs, not true. The APUs hold their own at their price points and in most cases will outperform Intel's offering is the GPU space. Right now one of best selling desktops I offer is A10 and it preforms admirably in most games and benchmarks. Just keep in mind APUs will run better with high speed ram as the GPU and CPU share the same memory space for processing.
Siman
Siman

Back to top Go down

Post by Siman August 16th 2013, 1:00 am

NZXT Crafted mATX Computer Case
ASUS F2A85-M PRO FM2 AMD A85X Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
x2 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7790 OC 1GB DDR5
RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-730SS 730W ATX12V
AMD A10-6800K Richland 4.1GHz (4.4GHz Turbo) Quad-Core
Crucial M500 240GB SATA III
Crucial M500 480GB SATA III
Mushkin Enhanced Redline 32GB DDR3 2400
ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner
CORSAIR Hydro Series H60

1800 apx

This and my I5 that just switches the mo board and CPU out are one of my more popular builds. i5 is an increase of 150 but the results are a bit better in benchmarks. Comes with the full 16X pcie 3.0 lanes and the CPU has better single thread computational power.

Note the reason its a bit up in price is how I get around the IO bottleneck the 256 SSD drive is used for OS storage so windows has its own IO path and the storage SSD "game drive" has its own IO path. Big problem these days is getting the data pooled fast enough for CPUs and GPUs to work.
Siman
Siman

Back to top Go down

Post by Master spartan 118 September 20th 2013, 12:42 am

I'd say just get a desktop there better than laptops i know my laptop sucks thats why i use a desktop for games any more
Master spartan 118
Master spartan 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Master spartan 118 September 20th 2013, 12:43 am

I'd say just get a desktop there better than laptops i know my laptop sucks thats why i use a desktop for games any more
Master spartan 118
Master spartan 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum