E-Sports vs T-Sports

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you think E-Sports should be fully recognized as a sport??

E-Sports vs T-Sports I_vote_lcap33%E-Sports vs T-Sports I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
E-Sports vs T-Sports I_vote_lcap44%E-Sports vs T-Sports I_vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
E-Sports vs T-Sports I_vote_lcap11%E-Sports vs T-Sports I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
E-Sports vs T-Sports I_vote_lcap11%E-Sports vs T-Sports I_vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

E-Sports vs T-Sports Empty E-Sports vs T-Sports

Post by Senjin September 12th 2013, 6:51 pm

Do you agree with me that Games should be recognized as an official sport? In my opinion I think sports where cognitive abilities are strained in high tension analysis are much more exciting and impressive than running and throwing things like the usual traditional sports (T-Sports). I personally think Starcraft 2 fits this description the most. If you've ever played it to extent then you would see it my way. I exclude first person shooters from this list (especially CoD)...
Senjin
Senjin

Thumbs Up : 13

Back to top Go down

E-Sports vs T-Sports Empty Re: E-Sports vs T-Sports

Post by Legal September 13th 2013, 12:39 pm

I agree for sure! Of course only some games would work, like Starcraft 2, LoL and maybe some FPS's like TF2 or something
Legal
Legal

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Kusa 'Aezotee September 13th 2013, 9:21 pm

It makes sense, but just seems kinda funny in my mind...
Kusa 'Aezotee
Kusa 'Aezotee

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin September 13th 2013, 10:56 pm

Yeah I guess but after all didn't all sports start off as past time games? Games as a sport is just a new thing and is still commonly associated with past time hobbies...
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen September 13th 2013, 10:58 pm

The definition of sport is essentially the activity of achieving a goal in a team or by yourself through physical exertion. And while moving a mouse and tapping a keyboard is some sort of movement, I think by making it an E-sport, the meaning of the word sport is being lost. So I'm fine with it being a championship thing with CoD and Halo and RTS and MLG stuff, but leave the word 'sport' out of it. There is no strenuous physical movement being done, so it shouldn't be there. Call it something else.

PS What does T-Sport mean?
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin September 14th 2013, 12:03 am

T-sport means "Traditional Sport."   The definition of a word can change. Some would change the definition simply by omitting the phrase "physical strength" in the common dictionary term: "A competition between either team or individual of [physical strength] and skills under a set condition or rule system for the entertainment of others."

Now you can also either leave it completely or you could alter it to include "Mental/cognitive strengths."
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Xtralaos September 14th 2013, 6:04 am

Boxing is a Traditional sport. Which demands control of yourself,strenght,speed and ofcourse intelligence. Games can not enter the same category as this, and therefore can not be official sport.
Games are E-Sports, and it should remain like this forever. Games require just you sitting on a chair and playing all day to become good.
Xtralaos
Xtralaos
Developer

Thumbs Up : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin September 14th 2013, 12:07 pm

Xtralaos wrote:Boxing is a Traditional sport. Which demands control of yourself,strenght,speed and ofcourse intelligence. Games can not enter the same category as this, and therefore can not be official sport.
Games are E-Sports, and it should remain like this forever. Games require just you sitting on a chair and playing all day to become good.
I'm guessing you mentioned boxing because either you like it or you take it yourself. I myself have been taking Tae Kwon Do for about 7 years now and last year I received my second degree black belt. I know what it takes to be good at a combat associated sport. A counter to the statement "Games require just you sitting on a chair and playing all day to become good," would be you spend lots of time refining your techniques and form. Games are just a more mental strength capacity sport. StarCraft (in my opinion) is much harder to master than either Tae Kwon Do or boxing seeing as to most of it is coarse planning, reaction, and flexibility in tactics. In combat related sports you can't really develop much of a long term plan seeing as your opponent should know that change and unpredictability is strong tactic. However in a game like StarCraft you will have to judge things in this sort of manner:

-A play/build or plan that your opponent has decided to use
-How to discover theirs or hide your own
-Multitask LIKE HELL
-Keep visionary watch over all important locations that are susceptible to harassment or could like be harboring an army beyond sight
-prepare plans to either defend or assault with an early harassment to gain a lead economic advantage
-Constantly produce an economy while defending it
-Watch time for usual important time marks that your opponent usually is set and ready (depending on the strategy your scouted) that indicate an attack or the addition an upgrade or next tier unit
-Work with this time to catch your opponent unprepared
-Manage your infrastructure to ensure smooth transitions in army composition to keep up or ahead with your opponent
-Learn micro or macro for advanced unit control to minimize splash damage or maximize damage output ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glSiSoAounY] (This is the usual padding exercise to prepare nerves for later game control so you don't start to shiver or shake from stress on your brain)
-Plan movements to ensure map control to gain an expansion lead over your opponent

And these are all broad facts not split into little specifics that make it seem like you have a lot of important details...
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stryking September 15th 2013, 11:53 am

League of Legends is a official sport in the US, you can get visa's for it.
Stryking
Stryking

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Senjin September 15th 2013, 2:20 pm

Stryking wrote:League of Legends is a official sport in the US, you can get visa's for it.
...And that is something I'm happy for :D...
Senjin
Senjin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum