Titanfall 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Titanfall 2 Empty Titanfall 2

Post by Jaing November 20th 2016, 7:13 am

So in a vain attempt to initiate discussion, I shall share with you my lovelies, the thoughts I have about Titanfall 2. 

Here we go

After sinking in about 30 hours since release, I can positively say that it deserves all the praise it has gotten. No doubt. As a big fan of the first game, I came in with high hopes that were exponentially blown out of the water- in a good way of course. Everything just feels perfect- time to kill, art design, sound design, gameplay mechanics. 

The only minor criticism I could possibly have is with the way customisation works. 50-75 credits for a single weapon camo is a bit too steep, considering the fact that it takes up to 15 games to afford it. (And that's assuming that you're good enough to max out 5 credits per match)

I've heard a lot of players complaining about the Tone meta and how she's ridiculously overpowered. I disagree. Titanfall has and always will be about movement. The skill ceiling between a good player and an expert player is mainly derived from the way the expert player moves. When to move, how to move and where to move. Bunnyhopping returns in the form of Slidehopping, a skill that is easy to learn but hard to master. Knowing when to disengage a Tone and getting the flank on her is something that many players fail at, then promptly complaining when they lose an encounter which they are meant to lose. In very simple layman's terms, there is a set Titan hierarchy that the game follows. 

Ion > Legion
Scorch > Ion
Ronin > Northstar
Northstar > Scorch
Tone > Ronin
Legion > Tone

Then again, the above factors in exactly 0 external factors such as Titan number or engagement distance. It is simply what I, myself would use to counter the listed classes. As it stands, I am extremely happy with the way the game is balanced. Respawn have done a fantastic job of creating and maintaining a masterpiece. 

From what I've played in 2016 so far, I can say hands down that this is one of the best games out there. From what I've heard, it's currently on sale, and you can use the code TITAN20 for an additional discount. Give it the shot it deserves, that's all I ask. :) x

o shit is this a lengthy and thoughtful (i think) post from jaing instead of his usual shitty replies? lmao no way way to go jaing proud of u
Jaing
Jaing

Thumbs Up : 75

Back to top Go down

Titanfall 2 Empty Re: Titanfall 2

Post by Heatguts November 20th 2016, 11:55 am

...I would get it if my PC could run it...
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ November 21st 2016, 1:46 am

on my to-buy list
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down