A different view

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A different view Empty A different view

Post by ShadowScythe September 12th 2016, 5:43 am

Hello one and all. My name is Shay and i've been a halo fan for about 5 years and been following P.C. for a bit now. I have Seven suggestions that i'd like to throw out there that i think will kick this game into Skyrocket mode with people. ( Each suggestion supports the other )

Suggestions One: Map

From the trailer i saw, you guys already got grass lands and trees set down. Now with that being said, i'd like to offer the suggestion of said maps to become....huge...different/similar/identical maps per server but with this i have in mind, every serve could have up to 64 people or even 100 if possible. A free-roam yet limited world.

( Idea inspired by Arma3 )

Suggestion Two: Currency

These maps/servers would be filled with NPCs and objectives, for every npc you kill you gain for example +1 credit maybe more according to the difficulty of the NPC. This currency can be traded among players which can create something NO other game has ( Part maybe minecraft ) and that's an actual working trading and Merc/gun for hire system where people can pick up and store weapons and stuff inside say a worthhog, then sell said weapons to other players for credits. Or even hire a group of players to kill others when you are weaker but richer.

Suggestion Three: Basing

With this currency system and the free roam put together, the idea of basing comes to mind. Let me set an example;

Colosseum wall = 250 Credit
Wall = 10 Credit
Double wall = 20 Credit
Etc etc

With this people would be able to build camps, bases, outposts heck cities even. " But then the map would be littered with the remains of unused or destroyed buildings " Maybe but we could always work around that, perhaps a base could work by putting down a beacon or something that claims a certain square plot that said player can build on and if the beacon is destroyed, other players can 'salvage' the walls and stuff for extra credit.

( Idea inspired by Reing of Kings and Minecraft )

Suggestion Four: Events

With all three of these suggestions combined, events is another topic i want to strike. Events such as NPC convoys carrying like 2500 credits for example in a suit case would appear somewhere randomly on the map and travel from point A to B unless interrupted. the objects they would be taking with them could range from anything from weapon crates, to credits to anything else you can think up of. Of course if said convoy is defeated. All the credits, NPC's weapons and vehicles are for player use now.

( Idea inspired by Mad Max and Arma3 )

Suggestion Five: Weather and Day/Night cycle

Another thing i though would be wonderful to go along with all said above would be Weather and Day/Night Cycles. Ranging from the stormiest of nights to clearest of morning skies or who knows maybe even vice versa. I think it would add even More realism to the game

(Idea? well generally any game you can imagine has it part Halo )

Suggestion Six: Datacores

We've seen these little gadgets while playing invasion on spire where we have to capture a certain data core and secure it. Well i was thinking maybe Actual Usable Datacores that can be carried around in either small or large packages. Where if the player was to interact with it, a small either Word file or Text file designed system will pop up where the player can write anything he or she pleases and the datacore will save it.

(Idea Inspired by Minecraft Signs )

Suggestion Seven: Customization

Last but certainly not least but possibly the most unlikely to happen, Customization. What i mean by this is let's say i have the wild idea i want to be a bandit or pirate but i don't want to fly a falcon or a banshee or drive around in a worthog or even Tank. I was thinking of asking if it would be possible to add in game stuff like Falcon/Banshee/Hornet engines and hover blades, for example the engine could be placed on one section of a custom built ship ( Part would be credit bought walls and stuff etc etc, this i also think will spark lovely creativity from players to build the best looking space ships ) and when activated it will power a certain radius of propellers around it for example. Of course we can't forget that said engines and propellers need a venting system to vent out the heat, also a neat little thing we could see. With these additions i'm imagining fixable tank turrets or warthog AA machineguns or even Gauss cannons that are placeable where ever on a base or ship.

Last part of 'Customization' i'd like to add is Paint. The ability to like your character in the color section, you get the choice of what color you'd want any wall or part to look like, i mean it would look kind of stupid to have a flying ship with grey walls and blue glass then green rotter blades and silver engines sticking out of the side hmm?

(Personal idea i've always wanted to see around)

With that i have said my bid, please leave comments on what you think and if ANY at all of these suggestions sounds either plausible, likeable or even maybe addable to the game itself. Thank you for your time ^^
ShadowScythe
ShadowScythe

Thumbs Up : 0

Back to top Go down

A different view Empty Re: A different view

Post by Mootjuh September 12th 2016, 5:47 am

Remember we're developing a Halo game.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScythe September 12th 2016, 5:54 am

A halo game. But why must it be limited to what we have? I think a free-roam halo game is a much desired and personally much denied halo game. But after all it is a suggestion, i am personally studying to become a game designer but at my stage i still have no idea of the difficulty of creating such a universe so wouldn't blame you for shooting all seven suggestions down
ShadowScythe
ShadowScythe

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen September 12th 2016, 6:41 am

I think you basically described Dual Universe but with a Halo skin and land claiming.

And I can understand the want for a game like that, but there are a few reality checks that could do with reciting.

1. Exactly how long are you expecting to wait for it? Because something like that would take a AAA company a few years, let alone a small group of non-timetable committed fans.

2. The game is trying to be everything. The issue with games that expansive that try to be everything is that it ultimately fails to master anything. It would likely be very intensive with all the features the game has (making the experience shitty for most without high-end computers) and with all the minecraft inspired elements and stuff like that going on, is it going to feel like a Halo game?

3. Overcomplication. This is one I feel may potentially hamper it. When there is so much to do, there's nothing to do, and some people will look at it and think 'cbf learning this, it looks too hard'.
Seriously, console exclusive people look at computers that way and I (rightfully) cringe at them, but I do the same when I, for example, look at Space Engineers. There is so much going on there, and I can not muster the f**ks to give to sit down with it and give it a fair go, even though I know it's a great game.

Games do better when they cherrypick one or two things and do a damn fine job of making them enjoyable.
Halo is an Arena Shooter, that's its shtick, and I imagine that's what the devs here are aiming for.

Your game can be a thing, Halo themed or not, though I think it ought to be a different game from Contingency, and tackled by a team that can actually get it done in a reasonable timeframe.

Last edited by Stevedoggen on September 12th 2016, 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowScythe September 12th 2016, 6:49 am

I...never actually played or heard about Dual Universe to be honest..but i understand what you mean and this is why i said i wouldn't be surprised if they shot down all 7 of the suggestions
ShadowScythe
ShadowScythe

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix September 12th 2016, 12:41 pm

ShadowScythe wrote:A halo game. But why must it be limited to what we have? I think a free-roam halo game is a much desired and personally much denied halo game. But after all it is a suggestion, i am personally studying to become a game designer but at my stage i still have no idea of the difficulty of creating such a universe so wouldn't blame you for shooting all seven suggestions down

Look at Halo as a whole, define each game individually; take the better games and mash their definitions together, and use that as a basis to compare what Halo is compared to your sugguestions.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts September 12th 2016, 5:57 pm

ShadowScythe wrote:Hello one and all. My name is Shay and i've been a halo fan for about 5 years and been following P.C. for a bit now. I have Seven suggestions that i'd like to throw out there that i think will kick this game into Skyrocket mode with people. ( Each suggestion supports the other )

Suggestions One: Map

From the trailer i saw, you guys already got grass lands and trees set down. Now with that being said, i'd like to offer the suggestion of said maps to become....huge...different/similar/identical maps per server but with this i have in mind, every serve could have up to 64 people or even 100 if possible. A free-roam yet limited world.

( Idea inspired by Arma3 )
I think a free roam Halo game would be awesome. The levels in the first few were always pretty sandboxy and an open world where you can attack from all angles seems like the next logical step to me. But some things here don't go together. Halo is an arena shooter, if you dropped the MC into Altis or Everon he'd get demolished because the average engagement range in arma is greater than the effective range of all but two weapons in his arsenal (forgoing the focus rifle and the binary rifle). Of course that's if you don't give the chief super bullet resistance because shields but games like arma live off of low ttk because you get punished faster for overextending or not watching flanks and such. Shields would give you plenty of time to retreat to cover and it'd turn engagements into walk-fests where I walk at you and you walk at me and we both waste 5 clips of AR ammo before one of us dies because rngesus was on our side.
ShadowScythe wrote:Suggestion Two: Currency

These maps/servers would be filled with NPCs and objectives, for every npc you kill you gain for example +1 credit maybe more according to the difficulty of the NPC. This currency can be traded among players which can create something NO other game has ( Part maybe minecraft ) and that's an actual working trading and Merc/gun for hire system where people can pick up and store weapons and stuff inside say a warthog, then sell said weapons to other players for credits. Or even hire a group of players to kill others when you are weaker but richer.
Weaker but richer? I thought Halo was based around equal starts and balanced gameplay? I mean obviously some players are gonna suck but how are they supposed to get more money than the good players?

Storage space and weapon hoarding sounds good to me though. You might have to make it so that AI can detect the sounds of vehicles from further away though.
ShadowScythe wrote:Suggestion Three: Basing

With this currency system and the free roam put together, the idea of basing comes to mind. Let me set an example;

Colosseum wall = 250 Credit
Wall = 10 Credit
Double wall = 20 Credit
Etc etc

With this people would be able to build camps, bases, outposts heck cities even. " But then the map would be littered with the remains of unused or destroyed buildings " Maybe but we could always work around that, perhaps a base could work by putting down a beacon or something that claims a certain square plot that said player can build on and if the beacon is destroyed, other players can 'salvage' the walls and stuff for extra credit.

( Idea inspired by Reign of Kings and Minecraft )
I've always wanted to have a kind of thing where everyone had a limited credit count to build a base and then you fight everyone else from that base but honestly Halo isn't really build around that. Having a place to store stuff would be cool but bases always turn out smaller than they seem at first glance and you can walk through them almost instantly unless it's just a large wall with a huge courtyard.
ShadowScythe wrote:Suggestion Four: Events

With all three of these suggestions combined, events is another topic i want to strike. Events such as NPC convoys carrying like 2500 credits for example in a suit case would appear somewhere randomly on the map and travel from point A to B unless interrupted. the objects they would be taking with them could range from anything from weapon crates, to credits to anything else you can think up of. Of course if said convoy is defeated. All the credits, NPC's weapons and vehicles are for player use now.

( Idea inspired by Mad Max and Arma3 )
I always wanted to play a game like this, but again, getting ambushed and forced out of a vehicle at night and running away while you here gunfire but aren't sure where from and crouching behind a rock means a whole lot less when you have shields, light up when hit and the advantage in a firefight is given to the person behind the rock because the other person has to expose themselves a lot to shoot you while you can pop up and down with your crouch key (as opposed to Halo where it comes down to recharging health, as the other person's single hit hurts your recharge but your single hit simply weakens his shield a bit).
ShadowScythe wrote:Suggestion Five: Weather and Day/Night cycle

Another thing i though would be wonderful to go along with all said above would be Weather and Day/Night Cycles. Ranging from the stormiest of nights to clearest of morning skies or who knows maybe even vice versa. I think it would add even More realism to the game
Sounds good to me if it's open world.
ShadowScythe wrote:Suggestion Six: Datacores

We've seen these little gadgets while playing invasion on spire where we have to capture a certain data core and secure it. Well i was thinking maybe Actual Usable Datacores that can be carried around in either small or large packages. Where if the player was to interact with it, a small either Word file or Text file designed system will pop up where the player can write anything he or she pleases and the datacore will save it.

(Idea Inspired by Minecraft Signs )
What about .jpgs? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Real talk - I doubt anyone would actually use them. Signs in minecraft come in handy mainly so you can label stuff for yourself or other players, like rooms in a house or chests with organized contents, or leave messages to other players. With Halo's high ttk however there's a lot of strength in numbers so traveling with a buddy if you have one is always a smart choice.
ShadowScythe wrote:Suggestion Seven: Customization

Last but certainly not least but possibly the most unlikely to happen, Customization. What i mean by this is let's say i have the wild idea i want to be a bandit or pirate but i don't want to fly a falcon or a banshee or drive around in a warthog or even Tank. I was thinking of asking if it would be possible to add in game stuff like Falcon/Banshee/Hornet engines and hover blades, for example the engine could be placed on one section of a custom built ship ( Part would be credit bought walls and stuff etc etc, this i also think will spark lovely creativity from players to build the best looking space ships ) and when activated it will power a certain radius of propellers around it for example. Of course we can't forget that said engines and propellers need a venting system to vent out the heat, also a neat little thing we could see. With these additions i'm imagining fixable tank turrets or warthog AA machineguns or even Gauss cannons that are placeable where ever on a base or ship.
Yeah that seems a little farfetch'd to me. Go play space engineers.
ShadowScythe wrote:Last part of 'Customization' i'd like to add is Paint. The ability to like your character in the color section, you get the choice of what color you'd want any wall or part to look like, i mean it would look kind of stupid to have a flying ship with grey walls and blue glass then green rotter blades and silver engines sticking out of the side hmm?
Considering you've been able to change the color of objects via forge since Reach I think I'm just fine with an orange mongoose as opposed to one with blue rims and black whatevers and an orange hood and...
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum