I am Surprised

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I am Surprised Empty I am Surprised

Post by DreuxPhoenix September 7th 2016, 5:23 pm

The title of the thread says it all. I am surprised that there is no Pokemon Go thread on the forum. No one is talking smack or supporting the app.
Any thoughts on Pokemon Go anyone?
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Thumbs Up : 39

Back to top Go down

I am Surprised Empty Re: I am Surprised

Post by JaggyNos September 7th 2016, 6:32 pm

I played it for a bit, but I soon realized that there was no actual game and stopped playing it. I did get far enough to challenge gyms, and that was really fun, but it's not worth the terrible grind in order to reach the point where my Pokemon have a chance of winning. Once they flesh it out more, I'll take another look at it, but I'm fine just playing Pokemon from my house, for the moment.
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Thumbs Up : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by TheAandZ September 7th 2016, 9:15 pm

It's a fun little free game on smart devices. The reason there is no thread for the game is because it's not really worth opening one for it, no offense.
TheAandZ
TheAandZ

Thumbs Up : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 September 7th 2016, 9:39 pm

Garbage game as most mobile games are. I rather just play the actual Pokemon games. Only thing that surprises me is how long it took for Pokemon GO to exist. The idea for a game like Pokemon GO has been around for years now.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen September 7th 2016, 11:56 pm

I've never played it, as I only got a mobile phone capable of playing it a month or so ago, and even then I'm on prepaid without data packs, so I can't/won't.

Either way, having looked at my mates play it, there's disappointingly little to it. If they had fleshed out the mechanics and battle options more it probably would have stuck around for much longer than it did. I used to see a lot of people playing it, but I don't see anyone in Perth playing it anymore these days.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir September 8th 2016, 2:52 am

My reasons not to play:
1. Racist devs only made it accessible to some of the countries.
2. Not free.
3. I hated Pokemon. (Loved DBZ instead :3)
4. Too much walking.
5. Not free.
6. Battery dying in middle of a walk.
7. No legendary cokemon detected.
8. Sunburn.
9. Rage quit.
10. Still not free.
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh September 8th 2016, 9:00 am

You're like 4 weeks too late.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix September 8th 2016, 3:17 pm

Abdul Fatir wrote:My reasons not to play:
1. Racist devs only made it accessible to some of the countries.
2. Not free.
3. I hated Pokemon. (Loved DBZ instead :3)
4. Too much walking.
5. Not free.
6. Battery dying in middle of a walk.
7. No legendary cokemon detected.
8. Sunburn.
9. Rage quit.
10. Still not free.

NOTICE: THIS IS A SARCASTIC RESPONSE WITH SOME POINTS SUPPORTING AND DISPROVING AN IMPERFECT APP:
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat September 8th 2016, 4:02 pm

Nice Dreux, though you did miss out the many serious disadvantages and really sarcasm is not a correct response to this post.
1 Little kids or even adults going out to remote locations, in search of rare pokemon. Not really a responsible attitude for a caring  houshold type named brand.
2.Making gyms and other stops at highly inappropiate locations, Really kids running round war graves for a game! For just 1 example
3. High likelyhood of getting at the best assaulted or robbed, due to the criminals that created lure pokestops etc. This has ocurred world wide.
4. Spitting the dummy because someone released a bot to go to these bad places of 1-3 above and then banning or locking accounts because they wanted all the cash themselves for more and more money.

And all for the loose ethics of ( making money with the tag line of)  But we're trying to get Fat Kids fitter.

Now lets hear you justify that Dreux, because none of this is worth a single life.
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 September 8th 2016, 6:34 pm

Pretty pathetic to limit your experiences in life for the worry of something bad happening to you. Cars cause accidents all the time but I doubt the chances have made you start walking to the store two blocks away instead of driving. Every piece of meat you eat increases the chance of you getting cancer but I doubt you think of that when you enjoy a medium rare steak prepared in a 5 star restaurant.

Be responsible and enjoy life instead of fearing what might happen I would say.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by Deadmeat September 8th 2016, 8:29 pm

Ah General, although my post was for Dreux to ponder, in his colourful way.

My point was missed obviously. And yes lets not  limit ourselves to cars or cancer here, there's an imminent supernoval overdue at Betelgeuse, and overpescription of penicillin has a chance of driving us to the brink of the dark ages standards of medical cures for antibiotics, there are 2 experiences that will rock your world.

But back to the point of the ethics of a company that proclaims for your benifit, but has a $ motive.
Deadmeat
Deadmeat

Thumbs Up : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 September 8th 2016, 10:40 pm

Deadmeat wrote:Ah General, although my post was for Dreux to ponder, in his colourful way.

My point was missed obviously. And yes lets not  limit ourselves to cars or cancer here, there's an imminent supernoval overdue at Betelgeuse, and overpescription of penicillin has a chance of driving us to the brink of the dark ages standards of medical cures for antibiotics, there are 2 experiences that will rock your world.

But back to the point of the ethics of a company that proclaims for your benifit, but has a $ motive.
Does the motivations of an entity really matter if you are having a good time and there is no intention of harm? It isn't like Pokemon GO brought out the evils of the world in full force.

I never said to sail through life recklessly but that you can't let the worst of life stop you from enjoying the little things. You don't stop finding a mate because someone might be abusive and likewise you don't stop yourself from enjoying a game because someone unrelated to Pokemon GO might want to hurt you.
General_101
General_101

Back to top Go down

Post by Abdul Fatir September 10th 2016, 2:22 am

DreuxPhoenix wrote:7b : What is a Cokemon? Has Nintendo run out of ideas and made a pokemon based off of real life objects again? So which is is? A CocaCola Pokemon or a Cocaine Pokemon?
I forgot to put a 'c' in-between o and k. :P cockemon
Abdul Fatir
Abdul Fatir

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 10th 2016, 7:50 am

Only thing that surprises me is how long it took for Pokemon GO to exist. The idea for a game like Pokemon GO has been around for years now.

The guy who developed it was fleshing everything out for the past 20 years or so... He released a game quite some time ago identical to Pokemon GO and it was only until 2012 where he got into contact with Google / Nintendo (Game freak???) to develop the game after a holiday event involving Pokemon recieved positive reception from his game.

And yes I'm one of the few people who haven't played due to data cap
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by DreuxPhoenix September 12th 2016, 12:39 pm

I am Surprised Simpsons-pokemon-go
Simpsons predicted Trump's Campaign to be the POTUS and a bunch of other things. This is just an example of another thing they predicted.
DreuxPhoenix
DreuxPhoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 15th 2016, 7:28 am

People act so surprised that a show that mocks pop culture, societal shifts and current trends 'predicts' future trends... It's not like they've predicted anything that was truly outlandish.
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Heatguts September 15th 2016, 10:59 am

Neesy wrote:People act so surprised that a show that mocks pop culture, societal shifts and current trends 'predicts' future trends... It's not like they've predicted anything that was truly outlandish.
What if you made a weekly TV show that predicted that the end of the world would come this next week every week?
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 16th 2016, 7:54 am

Heatguts wrote:
Neesy wrote:People act so surprised that a show that mocks pop culture, societal shifts and current trends 'predicts' future trends... It's not like they've predicted anything that was truly outlandish.
What if you made a weekly TV show that predicted that the end of the world would come this next week every week?

Evangelist TV™
Neesy
Neesy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum