Sooo... Suicide Squad

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sooo... Suicide Squad Empty Sooo... Suicide Squad

Post by Lordpyromon August 8th 2016, 8:35 pm

The Suicide Squad movie is the third live action adaptation of the Suicide Squad comic book series and the first to be put on the big screen and... It's okay, not bad, not good, just okay. Compared to the Marvel movies it's about average, the acting was good, it was fairly loyal to the source material, the villain was forgettable but that's about average for a comic book movie nowadays, my biggest complaint is that you can tell that entire scenes were cut out of the theatrical release as sometimes it's as if the characters just teleport from one area to another and some scenes just stop abruptly, the editor of this film should be blacklisted but it's just one glaring issue in a really mediocre movie. The best part is the soundtrack, almost made me feel like I was watching Guardians Of The Galaxy but not quite as that's one of my favorite comic movies and, as I've made abundantly clear, this movie is mediocre. What do you guys think?
Lordpyromon
Lordpyromon

Thumbs Up : 3

Back to top Go down

Sooo... Suicide Squad Empty Re: Sooo... Suicide Squad

Post by Heatguts August 9th 2016, 10:27 am

I thought it was ok. I didn't really want to see it (like how I didn't really want to see Batman vs Superman) but my sister really did for some reason so we ended up seeing it. I thought it was an ok movie, it was pretty funny imo although it wasn't spectacular. The main issues I have with it are the Joker - he seems obsessed with money, gold, guns and knives and comes off as more of a gang leader or cartel member (he fires a golden ak47 out of a helicopter for no reason at all, that's like the most stereotypical gangy/cartel thing I can think of) and he is far too caring. The Jokers I appreciate (Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger) wouldn't go as far for someone (I know Nicholson chases after Vance all the time but if Vance was locked up in a maximum security prison I doubt he'd go and break her out or get in such a mood beforehand because he doesn't know where she is). Quinn seems like the kind of person the Joker would take advantage of and discard once she became too locked up to be worth the effort of breaking out or past her usefulness.

But I'm getting sidetracked. I liked a lot of the other characters even though I haven't read any of the comics so I can't really compare them. I definitely liked the soundtrack as well. All in all, not a bad movie, not really looking to watch it again, would recommend to someone who wants to watch an action movie and hasn't ever seen a Batman film or read a Batman comic.
Heatguts
Heatguts

Thumbs Up : 101

Back to top Go down

Post by ax2themax August 30th 2016, 8:34 pm

Was meh/10, Deadshot was cringe half the time, all of Harley's lines were terrible punchlines, and Katana was laughable. I only saw it because friend had complimentary tickets in Cinepolis(luxury theatre) and invited me to go with him
ax2themax
ax2themax

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum