New Gameplay Trailer for Installation 01

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New Gameplay Trailer for Installation 01 Empty New Gameplay Trailer for Installation 01

Post by JaggyNos June 6th 2016, 9:27 am

It is visually more pleasing, and I'm liking the art style, but gameplay seems worse than in the previous trailer. Smart scope and sprint is slightly annoying, but hopefully those will be customizable in a menu when it releases. The HUD also seems kind of annoying and intrusive. I'm interested to see how the gameplay ends up, but this trailer did not allay any of my fears.
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Thumbs Up : 6

Back to top Go down

New Gameplay Trailer for Installation 01 Empty Re: New Gameplay Trailer for Installation 01

Post by Apsuli June 6th 2016, 10:07 am

Gameplay doesn't look too promising. It looks like they didn't even adjust the scaling of the maps for sprint. The trailer is ordnance drops short of having all the mechanics I hate in newer Halos in one video.
I saw someone in the comments talking about being able to turn those off for custom games. I doubt the active playerbase will be large enough to fill all the different games and settings.

The HUD's colours need some adjusting, the bullet counting thing looks like it's inverted. Not a fan of the crosshairs. Aside from those I'm mostly okay with the HUD.
I don't like the walking animation, it looks weird when the upper body is completely still.
I really like the way the plasma grenades look, though they seem a bit too bouncy. The pistol and the "trail" of the shots looks cool too.

Will still probably give it a try. Also, f*** coloured undersuits.

Last edited by Apsuli on July 11th 2016, 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Apsuli
Apsuli

Thumbs Up : 20

Back to top Go down

New Gameplay Trailer for Installation 01 Empty Re: New Gameplay Trailer for Installation 01

Post by Neesy June 6th 2016, 10:39 am

My hype for this game went from a solid 5/10 to a 2/10: looks like Halo 4 with a graphical downgrade + smart scope. Looks really floaty as well, similar to CE.
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by Stevedoggen June 6th 2016, 12:42 pm

I'm fine with floaty, I'm not ok with sprint and smartscope.
Especially smartscope. It's like an inverted zoom.
With zoom you can see the area around where you're aiming clear and the out of scope area is blurred, providing the potential of being flanked.
With Smartscope, the outside area is clear so you can see everything going on around you, and the area you are trying to carefully aim with is filled with pointless UI HUD elements that clog your perception, so you can't aim straight. It's why I hate the pistol so much.

They did indeed say that smartscope will be togglable in reply to Masterz1337 lecturing them for these crimes.
Stevedoggen
Stevedoggen

Thumbs Up : 89

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 June 6th 2016, 1:33 pm

I feel like posting a spicy maymay but I think the music and seeing all the worst best features of the Halo franchise lets it speak for itself.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 June 6th 2016, 4:24 pm

Meh. Even if smart scope and sprint are toggleable, it just seems like a bunch of unnecessary extra work for those devs to make so many different game style options available. It looks like they're trying to mashup all the elements from every Halo game to attract from each sub group of Halo fans instead of focusing on one clear direction.

Also, they said that the game is coming out 5 months from now? I get that P:C is going for quality in both graphics and content/gameplay, but even then, the fact that P:C has been in development for longer than I05 and will likely still be in development after I05 releases makes me think that I05 is going to be rushed or released in a buggy state. What's ironic is that they said it's going to be an artistic tribute to Halo, but it seems like their priorities are on gameplay rather than graphics.

Will give it a try when it releases, but I'm skeptical.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggyNos June 6th 2016, 4:33 pm

While the game received a visual upgrade, it still seems very unpolished. I agree that the production quality doesn't seem to be a great concern, and that that will probably be the case at release. Still, I'd much prefer a fun game to a good-looking game. However, the gameplay doesn't seem terribly fun, and I fear that with so many elements, a real community may never arise, since they will be divided by the way they'd prefer to play the game. Might be fun to play with friends, though.
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy June 6th 2016, 6:54 pm

It's like... I look at this trailer and I think to myself: "Why?... Why even bother make this game?" because it essentially looks like a floaty H5... On PC. LIke what is even the point (outside bolstering your CV)?
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggyNos June 6th 2016, 7:13 pm

Well, it might actually be fun to play. The biggest issue with the trailer is that they didn't show any meaningful gameplay. Yeah, the showed little snippets, but we'd get a much better feel for how good the game is if they would show actual, unedited footage of someone playing the game. Anyone can make a game look fun, or borderline fun, with some clever editing.
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind June 9th 2016, 5:13 pm

Visuals are ok, jump seems too floaty kinda like Halo 1 maybe? Animations and movement fluidity needs a bit of work. AAAAAAND then SmartNope killed it for me.... :/
deadofmind
deadofmind

Thumbs Up : 29

Back to top Go down

Post by JaggyNos June 9th 2016, 5:38 pm

Apparently you will be able to toggle that on/off in the settings, but as I said earlier, I'm not sure that the game will have a large enough following to justify such a decision. They probably should have picked one or the other, or maybe make it always on in matchmaking (if there is matchmaking) and toggle-able in custom games.
JaggyNos
JaggyNos

Back to top Go down

Post by deadofmind June 9th 2016, 6:26 pm

Do you have a source on that or is that just based on things you noticed in the trailer?
deadofmind
deadofmind

Back to top Go down

Post by General_101 June 9th 2016, 6:32 pm

deadofmind wrote:Do you have a source on that or is that just based on things you noticed in the trailer?
Someone in the Youtube comments that apparently works with the team and I think the bean man said it himself.
General_101
General_101

Thumbs Up : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh June 9th 2016, 6:48 pm

I do not think saying "it's toggleable" is a free pass for these mechanics however.
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 9th 2016, 8:19 pm

Bean confirmed that they took it out, actually
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Mootjuh June 9th 2016, 9:06 pm

They did?
Mootjuh
Mootjuh
Developer

Thumbs Up : 132

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 9th 2016, 9:53 pm

read the comments, they did
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lolslayer June 10th 2016, 4:52 am

R93_Sniper wrote:read the comments, they did

sprint AND hardscope?
lolslayer
lolslayer

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper June 10th 2016, 9:04 pm

Talked to bean, he's back to on and off. We'll see in due time.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top