Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Vehicles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Vehicles Empty Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Vehicles

Post by R93_Sniper September 17th 2016, 3:13 am

Unlike most shooters, Halo has a really large sandbox due to the introduction of vehicles. These powerful machines can seriously help change the tide of a game when used the right way, and generally let you have a lot of fun when doing so! Here's some guidelines as to how to make a suggestion for a vehicle which you can make by replying below!

Name: [What is the vehicle called?]
Faction: [What faction does this vehicle belong to? This should help figure out some of the rest!]
Type:* [Is this a ground vehicle or air vehicle?]
Role:* [What kind of vehicle is this? Is it a tank, an interceptor, a transport?]
Speed: [How fast does this thing even go?]
Arms:* [What weaponry is equipped on this vehicle, if any? If it includes weaponry, be sure to describe the weapon!]
Description:* [Describe your vehicle as best you can!]
Extra: [Anything else you wish to include with your suggestion. Be warned that all images MUST be included as spoilers!]
*required

Remember, these weapons are meant to be in the halo universe, so generally try to take inspiration from what could feasibly exist. Also, try to  remember that everything must be balanced for multiplayer, so try not to make a vehicle that's overpowered.
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Vehicles Empty Re: Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Vehicles

Post by SilentGamer64 September 28th 2016, 1:37 am

Name: Wolverine
Faction: UNSC
Type: Ground Vehicle
Role: Anti-Air Vehicle
Speed: A nice medium between the speed of the Warthog and Scorpion
Primary Weapon: Missile launcher fires salvo of 6 aircraft seeking missiles before reloading/overheating (identical to Rocket Hog turret). If the trigger is held, the launcher can lock-on to up to 6 individual airborne targets when the reticule is aimed at each target prior to releasing all 6 missiles at once and at a greater velocity than the missiles from the standard fire mode. This secondary mode cannot be dumb fired and requires a lock on.
Secondary fire mode concept:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glABtVC38Wg&t=1m50s
Secondary Weapon: Swivel machine gun turret for anti-infantry purposes.
Description: The Wolverine trades the speed of its Rocket Hog cousin for a unique secondary firing mode and stronger armor. The vehicle cannot move while charging the secondary firing mode. With armor almost on par with the Scorpion and a slightly faster speed than that of the Scorpion, the Wolverine is a force to be reckoned with. However, the reload time for the standard fire mode takes slightly longer than the Rocket Hog's turret would. It should also be noted that the half-track will provide the vehicle with more mobility in comparison to a warthog.
Extra: Image of the Wolverine from Halo Wars:
Spoiler:
Note: Grenade launcher turret would be replaced with swivel chaingun turret for balancing purposes and brought to the front and center of the vehicle.

Name: Anti-Air Wraith
Faction: Covenant
Type: Ground vehicle
Role: Anti-Air Vehicle
Speed: Identical to the standard Wraith
Primary Weapon: AA fuel rod cannon that fires a salvo of 6 missiles before reloading/overheating. The weapon is capable to locking onto and tracking airborne targets. It should be noted that the projectile speed will be slightly faster in comparison to Halo 3's version of the vehicle's weapon to make the fuel rods more effective against faster moving air targets. The projectiles will also have less splash damage but greater impact damage, to balance out the projectile speed increase. A unique trait about the AA Wraith's fuel rods when locked onto enemy aircraft is their ability to detonate if they are at least near their intended target but are unable to make direct impact. This makes the weapon function almost like a flak cannon, and even if the shots miss, they can still at least do some splash damage to enemy aircraft.
Secondary Weapon: Swivel plasma cannon, identical to the standard Wraith's
Description: The AA Wraith is meant to be a counterpart to the Wolverine, but also provides the Covenant with a solid anti-air option, since the standard Wraith isn't exactly the best at shooting down airborne targets.
Extra: Image of the AA Wraith:
Spoiler:
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Vehicles Empty Re: Dedicated Suggestions Thread: Vehicles

Post by Neesy September 28th 2016, 6:12 am

Grenade launcher turret would be replaced with swivel chaingun turret for balancing purposes and brought to the front and center of the vehicle.

I think balance-wise, the wolverine should be single-turret with no secondary weapon and instead of shooting 6-missles, it shoots 4 grenade-launcher-esque propellants that can lock on to air vehicles but has a short fuse (think 20-odd metres before detonation?). This would make it so that it can deal decent damage to infantry but, more importantly, counter air units at mid - close range (think to when a banshee user lowers altitude to have more accurate fuel rod hits / effective plasma fire).
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by R93_Sniper September 28th 2016, 7:21 pm

@SilentGamer
R93_Sniper wrote:-Excerpted from suggestions rules-
- Do not try to recreate/suggest something that already exists in the halo games.

While the whole idea of the AA Wraith vs Wolverine is cool, would rather more unique and less....niche I guess?
R93_Sniper
R93_Sniper
Administrator

Thumbs Up : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by Neesy September 29th 2016, 5:17 am

would rather more unique and less....niche I guess?

I'd argue they go hand-in-hand tbh, anyway I think the suggestion I added makes it unique / fit a niche role. Personally, I think instead of a mix between a tank / hog, taking my changes into consideration, I think it should just be a smaller hog (think 4.8 - 5.2 meters in length).

Edit: Just putting this out there, I'm not a fan of lock on weapons in Halo, if you're going to go down that route than I'd suggest looking into possible flair / anti-lock-on mechanics for some vehicles.

Last edited by Neesy on September 29th 2016, 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Neesy
Neesy

Thumbs Up : 148

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentGamer64 September 29th 2016, 11:48 am

R93_Sniper wrote:You know full well the statement isn't that specific.

I just thought that AA units would be useful for the sandbox, especially in a 64+ player environment where there will be plenty of aircraft to shoot down. They would definitely be a nice counter to Pelicans and Phantoms, which would probably be nearly impossible to take down otherwise (assuming there will be dropships anyways).

I get that you're trying to go for some originality too, but when there are perfectly good vehicle concepts from the Halo universe that already exist, might as well use them and make their mechanics unique instead of trying to reinvent the wheel. I suggested the Wolverine because I'd rather not have 3+ Warthog variants again. And yeah, the AA Wraith is kind of a lame Wraith knock off in that same sense, but it was the first thing I thought of that could potentially match the Wolverine in firepower and armor. We all know the Rocket Hog would get obliterated by the AA Wraith anyways, so at least with the Wolverine the balance is theoretically there.
SilentGamer64
SilentGamer64

Thumbs Up : 33

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top